Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leather thread...what you have,like etc

• 19-09-2009 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Hey!someone sent me a pm about my leather jacket thread and said i should start a general leather thread so i said i would!!ive liked it since i was 15 robbing my sisters stuff and i love the rock chick vibe.And its back in fashion but that never bothered me.I love biker jackets,short jackets,long coats 3/4,trenches,gloves,skirts etc.Most of mine is 2nd hand on ebay or charity orvintage shops,alotho london is great for new stuff,id love some leather skinny jeans next.What you have,like or think is a good trend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Well, I have some whips and some masks, is that what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

lol id meant more alike the lines of jackets etc altho leather is sexy:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I love the whole rock chic image...its timeless!

I have just invested in a new cropped leather jacket from River Island...although I have spent a small fortune on it I see it as an investmant! It makes me look "hardcore":D

Exactly like you,even when leather wasnt in fashion some pieces are timeless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The collection:

Two black miniskirts
    Two black pencil skirts, one red, one beige, one brown
    Three pairs of black trousers, one eggshell white, one brown, one beige
    Two black full length coats, one black 3/4 length and 5 or six black normal short jackets, one beige, one brown
    Three tops of the same style, one red, one black, one white and one black military style top
    One pair of black opera gloves, one red
    One pair of elbow gloves red and another black
    Two black dresses

Three pairs of black knee high boots, one black overknee, one brown pair, one red and various shoes and sandals.

She also has lots of regular clothes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've always loved good quality leather - even though I currently don't have a lot in my wardrobe. Most of my shoes are high quality leather - it wears and feels so much better.

I do have a beautiful butter soft brown fitted biker jacket and a red suede YSL Rive Gauche skirt. Two pairs of fantastic knee-high leather boots (one matt black and one in red patent).

I really like some of the leather tunic dresses that I'm seeing in the shops recently. I might be making an investment.

Leather is a fairly timeless fabric - as long as you buy classic shapes.

The collection:

Two black miniskirts
    Two black pencil skirts, one red, one beige, one brown
    Three pairs of black trousers, one eggshell white, one brown, one beige
    Two black full length coats, one black 3/4 length and 5 or six black normal short jackets, one beige, one brown
    Three tops of the same style, one red, one black, one white and one black military style top
    One pair of black opera gloves, one red
    One pair of elbow gloves red and another black
    Two black dresses

Three pairs of black knee high boots, one black overknee, one brown pair, one red and various shoes and sandals.

She also has lots of regular clothes!

wow!!!im jealous...what the full length coats like?And the tops?

wow!!!im jealous...what the full length coats like?And the tops?

The military style top is excellent with a slim pair of jeans while the other regular style are not so shabby either. The full length jacket looks amazing though it's not something she's brave enough to wear out often, just usually to the odd party and with jeans and knee high black boots.

* Not my OH in the photos just in case anyone might have thought so.

Anyone see any nice real leather trousers/skinny jeans/leggings around?

Anyone see any nice real leather trousers/skinny jeans/leggings around?

I believe Zara have something along these lines at the moment.

• Advertisement

i saw a pair og leggings in zara kinda matt fake leather with a zip great fit but for 70 odd id spend the extra on real leather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eveb2

Leather is a great look! My personal style with leather would be, less is more! I wouldn't exactly wear a fully leather outfit, just vamp up a plain outfit with some leather, for example; skinny, jeans, vest tee and leather knee high/thigh high boots!

I've actually only got 2 pairs of boots and 2 leather jackets. I've quite a few leather bags also! :rolleyes:

What your jackets like?thats a great look:)

What does everyone think of 3/4 length and full length leather coats?

What does everyone think of 3/4 length and full length leather coats?

They can be stunning but for a full length I think you'd need to be tall to pull it off.

True you need height or heels:)...dont think leather coats longer ones are ever in fashion or out if you get me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Shinyboots

defo have to be full length....with an ultra high heel on view under it....

hey all, just joined today...big boot lover.:)

hey, has to be full length!!!!!!!! what about elbow lenght pvc gloves???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Have a well weathered biker jacket that I bought in flip in temple bar for about €100,
    When I was in Paris I got a very similar one in a 2nd clothes shop for €10, what bargain.

I like all leather jackets, all lengths are cool, but I love biker jackets best

all leather jackets look great on women, especially rocker chicks!:D

amen to that Scottie!!!

• Advertisement

Shinyboots wrote: »
    defo have to be full length....with an ultra high heel on view under it....

hey all, just joined today...big boot lover.:)

hey shiny welcome!!you got any leather?..keep it real leather we will have to start a pvc thread lol

Hey Vamp!!!!

Yea you start the thread and off we go.............being a man, only the usual, but there's nothing better on the ladies than a bit of leather

Advertisement