Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N97 Mini

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Smaller form factor, better build materials, better firmware out of the box, more RAM and finally ... cheaper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wmMagner

long_b wrote: »
    Smaller form factor, better build materials, better firmware out of the box, more RAM and finally ... cheaper ?

slightly smaller, same RAM and only €50 cheaper than N900.
    Why bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

soon they will have phones with removable RAM modules

/cantwait

wmMagner wrote: »
    same RAM
    Oops, must have meant free RAM after booting.
    I would imagine that this would appeal to a wider market than the N900.

It is a bit meh I suppose - not really sure where Nokia are going with this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

slightly smaller, same RAM and only €50 cheaper than N900.
    Why bother?

How do you know so exactly how much they're actually going to cost?

And when will people realise that you cannot just look at RAM and assume more of it means better phone? My 3 1/2 yr-old e61 can run more apps simultaneously and is more stable than the n97! (the RAM comparison is particularly ridiculous when comparing different OS's/FW's in combination w/different processors...yada yada...Take PCs: a PC that can hardly cope with XP pro, can smoothly run Kubuntu with all the bells and whistles ;) )

And: it took Nokia a couple of years to get the N770 to N800 more or less stable... Maybe it'd be smart to wait for the N900 to actually hit the mass-market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 wmMagner

strecker wrote: »
    How do you know so exactly how much they're actually going to cost?

Well nokia said that the n900 will cost €500 and the n97 mini will cost €450 before taxes or duty. Witch is 21% so the n900 would most likely be €599 and the n97 mini about €549

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Well nokia said that the n900 will cost 500 and the n97 mini will cost 450 before taxes or duty. Witch is 21% so the n900 would most likely be 599 and the n97 mini about 549

Yeah, sure, but look back to 5800's REAL pricing! Ah well... my next t2 or 3 phones will be e72s anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

long_b wrote: »
    ....better build materials....

Enlighten me?

xanthor wrote: »
    Enlighten me?

More metallic bits (back cover anyways).

Any and all info gleaned from here

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/10480_Rafe_goes_hands-on_with_the_No.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

really want one of these, anyone know if they'll be available before the end of the year?

• Advertisement
Advertisement