Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

czech to be bullied if we say yes

Options
  • 19-09-2009 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

If we flip on october 2nd the czechs will have to "draw the consequences". A further legal challenge to ratification is expected and with the tory cavalry coming Klaus only has to hold his nerve for a few more months. International treaties are the exclusive responsibility of the president, thus he is within his rights to say no. But the EU clearly doesnt repect the rights of small countries now does it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0918/breaking29.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

G'wan, 'gis an example of the EU Overlords not respecting the rights of small countries.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Toiletroll wrote: »
    If we flip on october 2nd the czechs will have to "draw the consequences". A further legal challenge to ratification is expected and with the tory cavalry coming Klaus only has to hold his nerve for a few more months. International treaties are the exclusive responsibility of the president, thus he is within his rights to say no. But the EU clearly doesnt repect the rights of small countries now does it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0918/breaking29.htm

International treaties require both the ratification by both democratically elected houses of Parliament, which has already happened and also the signature of the President. Not exactly exclusive.

And by the the Czech courts have already ruled on its constitutionality.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7749724.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

jebus

why do thread titles on boards from NO people sound like something out of the

Daily Mail

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    jebus

Daily Mail

There's also a suspicious amount of 1-3 year old accounts with s.f.a posts coming out in vocal support for a No here, all with similar looney reasons too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    jebus

Daily Mail

Oddly enough, the Daily Mail's font page headline today is "Yes Yes Yes", referring to the most recent Lisbon poll.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭defence forces

I don't know why some people vote yes. in a way I do understand 'progress' as it is termed was badly needed, some of the roads in Ireland esp. Wicklow were appauling but do we really need 4 lane motorways. or that overzoning in longford that was on primetime the other night.

the czech's luckly enough already have excellent infrastructure but whenever I talk to a Polish people they get slightly confused why some of the Irish want to out of the E.U., but the biggest thing is I don't feel Irish anymore the last 10 years it has slowly started to erode away to developers and entrepreneurs. I dont mean to be weird but I actually cry about it. Ask anyone from any small fishing town/village in Ireland what they think about the Lisbon referendum and they will say it straight 'we can't fish our waters because large ships from china and the rest of the EU do it' leaving them with small quota's and facing the reality that decomissioning thier boats is more profitable. I can trace my family back to the 800 A.D. in Dublin/ wicklow/ wexford. I feel I don't belong here anymore, i've got qualifications that are meaningless I don't think I would mind working as a kitchen porter for ten years and work my up at least I would be guaranteed money instead of doing an absurd college course, wherein I might not be guaranteed a job.

Another interesting thing I noticed about the majority of yes to Lisbon people is that they are employed, I do wonder if I was employed full time would I vote yes to protect myself. Certainly when I look at a place like Arklow that has a huge heroin problem and the fertiliser factory and fishing industry gone and most of them now commuting to dublin to work in Dunnes Stores or somewhere similar on huge 4 lane autoban's I really have to ask myself, what have the Roman's ever done for us rah rah rah rah. **** you are idiots to vote yes to this ****.

You know some day I will have to send a thank you note to European commision in dun laoghaire and the Irish government for sending my entire family to Canada,England,Japan and myself to New Zealand. sure makes me fuking proud to be Irish that the only way I get to say hello to my cousins is on facebook. welcome to disolving of Irish culture in the 21st century lads, cause you know 'it's nuts to vote no' yeah mmm you know I didn't think about that one when my family od's on heroin or the rest of them are sent to John of God's or are alcholics, I would like my country to leave europe I believe it started as trade deals. So I will raise a glass to yes people because you think your really Irish don't yez! oh ya progress lads a lot done more to do. It is unbelievable how stupid you are you actually believe that by voting yes to this thing it is good, then again all I need to do is look at my government and draw similarities between you and those in power.

wave goodbye to prime farmland and the introduction of british and american investors buying every small farm in the best areas and a goodbye to oil rights, fishing you know lads I know deep in my heart that yes people are not patriotic are not Irish and have been bought and sold by shiny fuking trinkets and ****e apartments they actually think are investment oppurtunities. your traitors, you may laugh at me for saying that as I know you would, nut what';s important is that IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOU your scum.

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xardoxify

I don't know why some people vote yes. in a way I do understand 'progress' as it is termed was badly needed, some of the roads in Ireland esp. Wicklow were appauling but do we really need 4 lane motorways. or that overzoning in longford that was on primetime the other night.

the czech's luckly enough already have excellent infrastructure but whenever I talk to a Polish people they get slightly confused why some of the Irish want to out of the E.U., but the biggest thing is I don't feel Irish anymore the last 10 years it has slowly started to erode away to developers and entrepreneurs. I dont mean to be weird but I actually cry about it. Ask anyone from any small fishing town/village in Ireland what they think about the Lisbon referendum and they will say it straight 'we can't fish our waters because large ships from china and the rest of the EU do it' leaving them with small quota's and facing the reality that decomissioning thier boats is more profitable. I can trace my family back to the 800 A.D. in Dublin/ wicklow/ wexford. I feel I don't belong here anymore, i've got qualifications that are meaningless I don't think I would mind working as a kitchen porter for ten years and work my up at least I would be guaranteed money instead of doing an absurd college course, wherein I might not be guaranteed a job.

Another interesting thing I noticed about the majority of yes to Lisbon people is that they are employed, I do wonder if I was employed full time would I vote yes to protect myself. Certainly when I look at a place like Arklow that has a huge heroin problem and the fertiliser factory and fishing industry gone and most of them now commuting to dublin to work in Dunnes Stores or somewhere similar on huge 4 lane autoban's I really have to ask myself, what have the Roman's ever done for us rah rah rah rah. **** you are idiots to vote yes to this ****.

You know some day I will have to send a thank you note to European commision in dun laoghaire and the Irish government for sending my entire family to Canada,England,Japan and myself to New Zealand. sure makes me fuking proud to be Irish that the only way I get to say hello to my cousins is on facebook. welcome to disolving of Irish culture in the 21st century lads, cause you know 'it's nuts to vote no' yeah mmm you know I didn't think about that one when my family od's on heroin or the rest of them are sent to John of God's or are alcholics, I would like my country to leave europe I believe it started as trade deals. So I will raise a glass to yes people because you think your really Irish don't yez! oh ya progress lads a lot done more to do. It is unbelievable how stupid you are you actually believe that by voting yes to this thing it is good, then again all I need to do is look at my government and draw similarities between you and those in power.

wave goodbye to prime farmland and the introduction of british and american investors buying every small farm in the best areas and a goodbye to oil rights, fishing you know lads I know deep in my heart that yes people are not patriotic are not Irish and have been bought and sold by shiny fuking trinkets and ****e apartments they actually think are investment oppurtunities. your traitors, you may laugh at me for saying that as I know you would, nut what';s important is that IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOU your scum.

I'd blame the internet and reality TV

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I dont laugh at you for saying it. I laugh about the fact that your post is impossible to read.
    Id stay off the drink before you post. It helps legibility.

Thanks you know it's all my own work. But mainly it is what I have seen with my own eyes. And errr not read of the back of sugar packets (ohhhhh yeah what ever happened to Irish Sugar LTD) mmmmm. you know yes to Lisbon voters are dare I say it more educated than myself with my private second level education, third level degree, masters, qualification in arch technician. hang on you know i'm sorry but i have a postal ballot and i am my way to the gardai station to vote NO. Yes NO voters are undereducated, I can see that now sorry about that.

'What did the Roman's ever do for us'.

• Advertisement

Mmmmm indeed whatever did happen Irish sugar mmmm maybe it was those crazy underpants gnomes mmmmm yes another crazy scheme by the crazy underpants gnomes

'What did Roma noodles ever do for us?'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Thanks you know it's all my own work. But mainly it is what I have seen with my own eyes. And errr not read of the back of sugar packets (ohhhhh yeah what ever happened to Irish Sugar LTD) mmmmm. you know yes to Lisbon voters are dare I say it more educated than myself with my private second level education, third level degree, masters, qualification in arch technician. hang on you know i'm sorry but i have a postal ballot and i am my way to the gardai station to vote NO. Yes NO voters are undereducated, I can see that now sorry about that.

I left after my countries equivalent of the Junior Cert. Education has no impact on the legibility of posts. You might find people taking your posts more seriously if you dont type in the boards.ie equivalent of ranting on a street corner with a bottle in your hand.

Also dont force your side. Calling people scum because they dont want to vote your way will NOT sway people to your point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

If I was Czech I would be pretty peeved that my President was going to sign a Treaty purely dependent upon the result of a referendum in another country. He appears to value the Irish democratic process ahead of Czech democracy.

The Polish president has also adopted this stance. I am flattered that they have decided to let me decided if they ratify this treaty but I do not think that is fair to their own citizenry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Are you actually a member of the Defense Forces? I find it hard to follow your posts.

why yes I am. Maybe you are illiterate sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I think that's really just about enough of this. defence forces, try to clean up your posts a little, and drop the cursing.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement