Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nkm toffee

Options
  • 19-09-2009 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have an elderly relative (86 yrs old) from Louisberg, Co. Mayo and she recently told me that, as a child, she would pay a ha'penny for 6 NKM toffees. She claims these were the best toffees she ever tasted. I am resident in the UK and cannot find these toffees anywhere over here, but I would love to get my hands on some if they are still available as my relative's birthday is approaching! I found an old advert board that stated NKM Irish Cream Toffee was produced by the North Kerry Manufacturing Co. Ltd, I've also seen them mentioned in memoirs dating back to the 1930's. I don't have much hope that they are still in production, but wanted to try as this relative is really difficult to buy for. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Cheers
    Kenny O Grady
    ps: does anyone know what NKM stands/stood for? Cheers

Comments

Advertisement