Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy laminate flooring

Options
  • 19-09-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I've bought some laminate flooring......some CHEAP laminate flooring and I'm having some issues installing it. I know I deserve every problem I get with it, however I don't feel it was cheap enough to warrant the problems I'm having with it.

There are a couple of problems, but the biggest one is that it's warping really badly. I kept it in the room its going into for a couple of days before I started installing it and didn't even consider this could be a problem, but as soon as I started installing it today, the pieces just started bending all over the place and coming apart from each other......which is where the second problem comes up....the connections don't hold together well at all....I keep waiting for the "Click" but it's just not happening...then the board bends and they come apart....

Any help? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You might need to tap the boards in place to get the click, use a block of wood and tap with a hammer.

Failing that the only idea I can think of is glue the joints, tap tight and weigh the boards down while the glue sets in the hope they remain flat.

Advertisement