Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to........

Options
  • 19-09-2009 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

..........the fraud investigation etc. at Anglo Irish?

I was sure we would not forget about this, but it seems we already have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

They added 5 more investigating officers to it last week:rolleyes:. No doubt a PR exercise. Nothing will come of it, this is Ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

They added 5 more investigating officers to it last week:rolleyes:. No doubt a PR exercise. Nothing will come of it, this is Ireland

Mmmmm.... don't think so on this one...little bit too public and high profile for the nod and wink boys to bury it.

We really depend on our media to keep the heat on these issues...apart from Ross and maybe Vincent Brown there dosn't seem to be a great appetite for it.

These investigations take time .....and are by nature complex..John Q Taxpayer cannot afford to let this one be buried...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...Taxpayer cannot afford to let this one be buried...

Unlike the expenses issue, the golden circle (many who have yet to be named!), Berty's questionable actions as Finance minister under Haughty, the cheap selling of rights to Shell oil and on and on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

nama has solved all the problems

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Oh...pardon me...I thought this thread was going to be ....Whatever happened to......The Pamela Izevbekhai Supreme Court Case...?

Although,in fairness,it must be hard to squeeeze past Bill Shipsey and the Zoe`s in the hall !!! :eek:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    ..........the fraud investigation etc. at Anglo Irish?

I was sure we would not forget about this, but it seems we already have.

I've added it to The Book Of Grudges. Thats the place for things where justice will not be served. In fact it will be carried to the door and ejected, to the accompaniement of scornful remarks.....

Advertisement