Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp7 mids?

Options
  • 19-09-2009 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭

hi anybody know where to get GALAXY MP7 compatable mids cheap?
    do the MAG brand ones fit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

thermo wrote: »
    hi anybody know where to get GALAXY MP7 compatable mids cheap?
    do the MAG brand ones fit?

I've heard the MAG one's are compatible, let me do some digging.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yep, mag ones are great thermo, they feed better than the standard TM mags., you can get them on ehobby., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Will second that... I use mag mags in a galaxy. They feed great amd are rather nice mags.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

sounds good, i guess ill get the mag ones so, do any of the irish shops sell them?

After a cursory search, not sure... Eiresoft or SE Airsoft both stock mag products... they can probably bring them in for you...
    Firesupport have star 100 round mp7 midcaps in... They also feed great.
    http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product-info.php?id=1743

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i use the long version mids from mag. Got them from ehobby. Also worth picking up a spare tm battery if ur mp7 i7 a tm, they cost a tenner.

i use the long version mids from mag. Got them from ehobby. Also worth picking up a spare tm battery if ur mp7 i7 a tm, they cost a tenner.

For all Curious mp7 owners, I'll be putting up a guide soon with a rewire and upgrade to 7.4 lipo tutorial... making the mp7 work :D

Firekitten wrote: »
    For all Curious mp7 owners, I'll be putting up a guide soon with a rewire and upgrade to 7.4 lipo tutorial... making the mp7 work :D

Interesting concept. I know Dar from my team tried something along those lines although I dont think he was much impressed.

I think the problem with MP7's is most people buy crap ones...or confusion between galaxys and wells ( i know i always mix up the **** one from the decent one).

Buy a TM and you pretty much dont have any problems, I know mine just had a tightbore put in, few spare batteries costing 8 euro each and I havnt got a better gun really, the range is unreal.

Plus, a high rof mp7, would be a nightmare for myself being a midcap user and I've never even seen a decent hicap feed fine in MP7's.

True... the wells are pretty nasty, but the Galaxy is rather good... thing is... even TM's tend to suck in the trigger response... they have an aweful battery connection system, such a small useless battery, and rather nasty wiring (tm and galaxy)

I've got myself some 16gu wiring lying around, and some deans... im going to go inside and experiment making an mp7 efficient, and reliable, not neceserily high rate of fire... remember a 7.4 lipo has a similar rate of fire to a normal 7.4v battery... so its going to be similar to the agm stens in rof.... perhaps a mosfet... I'll see what i can do, they have a lot of space, and I'm bored, and have one galaxy mp7 victim awaiting.... :D (I use midcaps too btw, the long mag ones... the short ones look so wrong)

• Advertisement

Since those AEP gearbox parts are so hard to come by (gears, bushings and tappet plate etc) i would be very careful of running it on a lipo, A 7.4v lipo has the equivelent ROF of a 9.6v nimh battery, not a 7v so you will be seeing a serious Increase in ROF. The difference between the Sten and MP7 is the miniture gearbox in the MP7 has a very small and weak spring. this can be compressed quite a lot easier than the full size M14 type gearbox in the Sten. even with the little MP7 motor. the contacts are pretty small in there and pitting from the high voltage would be very likely.

To give you an idea of scale of this MP7 gearbox, its a little smaller than a Nokia N95.
    MP7_Gearbox.jpg

Whereas the Sten uses the M14 type with regular gears and piston etc. this is much bigger at about 10 inches long. this pic has a different motor cage but its the same gearbox.
    airsoft_M14_gearbox_B.jpg

I've seen one modded to a 7.4, and it actually wasnt that high Richie...

However as i mentioned, ill be mosfetting the system, and theres always the choice of a 1j spring to reduce the rate of fire...

its an experiment, we shall see eh?

sure theing., :)

I did exactly this it myself last year for when the warehouse opened up. Took a lot of work since the bushings aren't like regular AEG ones so i had to machine the shell, they are 5ish mm and the gears are like hens teeth. I managed to break a couple of tappets in the process.,if going lipo i would be looking for something a lot lower than 7.2v from experience., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Firekitten wrote: »
    True... the wells are pretty nasty, but the Galaxy is rather good...

Have they improved that much, yeah ? I got a few of the first ones to hit the market, and all of them were utter crap. I'd like to carry them again, but I was scared off by the terrible quality. Granted, they were from one of the first batches released, so that in itself probably played a big part in their failure rate.

Worth a look again ?

Masada wrote: »

I did exactly this it myself last year for when the warehouse opened up. Took a lot of work since the bushings aren't like regular AEG ones so i had to machine the shell, they are 5ish mm and the gears are like hens teeth. I managed to break a couple of tappets in the process.,if going lipo i would be looking for something a lot lower than 7.2v from experience., :)
    Will take that under advisement.
    Shiva wrote: »
    Have they improved that much, yeah ? I got a few of the first ones to hit the market, and all of them were utter crap. I'd like to carry them again, but I was scared off by the terrible quality. Granted, they were from one of the first batches released, so that in itself probably played a big part in their failure rate.

Worth a look again ?
    The first lines were pretty naff, yes, the recent ones are decent little smgs... quite comparable to the TM ones in build and performance... except the galaxy's have nicer wiring lol.

Masada wrote: »

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product-info.php?id=2329

Advertisement