Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to put with flat ankle boots?

• 19-09-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭

http://www.newlook.co.uk/1765688/176568818/ProductDetails.aspx

Bought these boots yesterday! Bargain at €25. Was looking for comfy flats for winter as I am always in flat pumps, must have about 20pairs but my feet are starting to get cold!!

Any suggestions on what to wear them with? I have recently lost weight and wouldn't really suit the skinny jeans look so thats outta the question!! Tried them on with dark denim bootcuts and they are cute but want to show the boot itself! Any ideas?

Mine look a bit more battered than those in the pic, in a good way though!!

My look is usually jeans with cute tops, cardigans or jumpers. With flats. I am quite girly in what I wear and especially since losing weight like to feel good in clothes! I am a size 16 so many things can be unflattering!

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

HI! I recently bought a pair of boots, similar to the ones you have, in penneys and i'm trying to find something other than jeans to go with them so i can 'show them off' as they say - cos i'm always wearing jeans so just want something differnt so i was thinking a nice skirt - like a casual one but it's so hard to find one cos they all seem to be very dressy or like tulip shape or whatever! a slightly a-line skirt just above the knee with tights as well (it's not summer anymore!) would be nice!

Has anyone any idea where one would get a skirt like this?! Sorry for crashing your thread by the way but we are in the same boat!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I am actually in the same boat as you two!

Why are all skirts and dresses made to be so short now? All I want is a nice knee length skirt that doesn't cling, but they're all mid thigh length :(

I think skirts are the way to go with these boots, it's just finding them that is the nightmare...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

phasers wrote: »
    I am actually in the same boat as you two!

Why are all skirts and dresses made to be so short now? All I want is a nice knee length skirt that doesn't cling, but they're all mid thigh length :(

I think skirts are the way to go with these boots, it's just finding them that is the nightmare...

THANK YOU! It's nice to know we are not alone!:D I'd love like a slightly patterned skirt that is just above the knee, slightly a-line so that you can wear it with nice dark tights and then your lovely boots....having said that though it's not like i've been looking - haven't been shopping for ages....need to sort through my wardrobe in the next few weeks and then hit the shops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Ooh and if ye find any knee length skirts do share here! I don't feel like wearing mini skirts in the depths of winter with my own mid calf boots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I've been on the lookout for a knee length skirt too - got a pair of flat anklee boots too that I want to show off :)
    Talk about the impossible quest.
    Just spotted this on Monsoon online - might pop in tomorrow to have a look but already don't like the price tag..... I saw a few girls around town over the weekend with nice skirts - I am on the verge of stopping random strangers to ask where they shop.

• Advertisement

Actually think this one would be fab with your boots

Spotted a lovely knee length denim skirt (pencil shaped I think) in New Look yesterday.

Advertisement