Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

H&M

• 19-09-2009 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Whats peoples opinion on H&M's clothing,,I was in H&M in Dundrum today and see they have nice clothing at reasonable prices,Just wondering do people find their garments are good quality etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I really like their casual stuff, most of my tops are from there. Better quality than the likes of Penneys which is as far as my teeny student budget stretches really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

love h&m, always found the stuff great quality =D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I love H and M - Quality isn't great (better than pennies) but I still LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

I seen a nice coat for 59.99 I'm gonna get it next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think it's one of the very few, if only, stores where the guys range is better than the girls.

I've never been impressed by the stuff in H&M. I dunno why. I think it's changed in the last 10 years. (I was in stores in the states and Belgium years ago).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

yeah all the guys stuff does seem nice..
    the opposite with pennys though the girls stuff is nice there but most of the mens stuff looks cheap and crappy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, I always have a bit of a gawk when I come downstairs in the Henry Street branch. (I miss having a guy to shop for! :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Just back from Nottingham where I fell back in love with h+m. Sadly I literally only had ten mins to have a look and only bought sunnies and a hat as I would needed to have tried on stuff. Which raises my next question, which Irish branches carry the nice trendy stuff.. I know the one in Athlone only stocks kids and the suity clothes. The Henry Street branch only ever seems to have a small amount of the clothes I see in the UK...anyone help me with the one in Dundrum? Im seriously consider trekking up from Galway as I love their stuff and some basic pieces of theirs I have had for years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Aw H&M, haven't been there for a while, Last time I was in there they seemed to have a great selection of stuff but as I live in Cork I could have missed out on alot :( Anyone know when the one in Cork opens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

which Irish branches carry the nice trendy stuff.

Dundrum is ok but I think the one beside the Gaiety is the best in Dublin!

O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lively-Blonde

H&M is my ultimate jeans shop, WOW is all I can say they just fit me like a glove to the point I can just walk in pick up a pair in my size and go along on my merry little way!!!:D Love their accessories and their makeup range ain't bad either - cheap as chips and much better quality than the penneys makeup. I love their lip glosses and I got a present of a smokey eyeshadow pallette just last Christmas and I keep reaching for it again and again.

As for their other bits and bobs, they are good for basics but I'm never usually a huge fan of their take on trends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

<3 H&M, especially for their knitwear. I agree that the guys stuff can be a lot better in terms of range. I've 3 jumper/cardis from the mens section myself :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

LOVE h&m and find the quality grand, not amazing but good for the price. Can't wait for the one in Cork to open, hope its as good as the ones abroad, the Limerick one isn't great at all. It opens on 1st of October M&S* so not long more to wait :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Have yet to see anything nice in the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

mimihops wrote: »
    LOVE h&m and find the quality grand, not amazing but good for the price. Can't wait for the one in Cork to open, hope its as good as the ones abroad, the Limerick one isn't great at all. It opens on 1st of October M&S* so not long more to wait :-)
    Thanks for that :D
    I know I've been to Limerick and thought it was quite rubbish :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

as much as i love h&m i find the quality of the clothes god awful,i bought a vest in there last week,wore it once and washed it and its already lost shaoe and is falling apart,i find the tops lose shape eally quickly,have a bag from there i always use and today the zip just fell off in my hands,i do most of my shopping in new look i find it much much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Which raises my next question, which Irish branches carry the nice trendy stuff..

I find the Dundrum one the best tbh. I don't really like the one by Stephen's Green but that's cos it seems to have more work type clothes than the casual stuff I'd be looking for.

Also Dundrum has spread into two different shops - one for kids and the other one has one floor of mens and two floors of womens (or at least I think that's the breakup of them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm not mad about h&m tbh. Occasionally, it can have some nice things and the accessories are usually ok but in general, I wouldn't be a big fan! That said, I did get a gorgeous chiffon dress in h&m in New York and also a bag which everyone asks me where I got! It's hit and miss, imo.

The guys stuff is pretty cool though!

Advertisement