Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Nursing Students on here?

Options
  • 20-09-2009 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey!!

I am looking at going to the IT to do Nursing next year as a mature student. Just wondering how people are finding the course, and their work placement.

Does the college find the placement for you?

Also any advice from the Mature students on how to try and 'win' a place would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ELISHA82

Hi

I am a mature student at the LYIT, am just on my 2nd week of my 1st year, so far I'm enjoying the course, the staff and other students are great, the works pretty full on we have 3 essays & a poster presentation to do already, but it is managable if you keep on top of if. We are in college 3 full days & get a half day on a thurs & a Friday which is great. We've already learnt skills in the practical classes such as bed making, changing & cleaning dressings, hand hygiene & oral hygiene.

Placement doesn't start until the 9th of Nov, and this year all 1st yrs will be in the Letterkenny General which is a relief that we don't have to worry about getting placed somewhere a good distance away, but we will have to at some stage.The college will sort out your placements you don't hav to worry about that.

Regarding on how to get a place, are you aware of the process of the appitude test and interview? If not go to the nursing careers centre website and they will have a sample of the interview process and sort of questions that are on the appitude tests. I just studied books on verbal and numerical reasoning and practiced...alot! Think of examples of the 5 key areas as well and back up answers as well.

Any more questions just give me a shout. I know how nerve racking the whole process is. But it is not as bad as you think and if you really want it & put the work in you will get it.

I wish you the best of luck.

Elisha x

• Registered Users Posts: 26 misschatty

Im applying to cao for mature nursing and wa considerinh UDC as my first choice just wondered if there was any of u ouy there and how do u find the course and college so far?

Advertisement