Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebrewing Woodfords Wherry

• 20-09-2009 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm new to homebrewing and I just had a query about part of the process. I got a kit that comes with a fermenting bin and a keg, the beer I got to brew was Woodfords Wherry, I hear it's probably one of the easier to brew.

I started the brewing today, followed the instructions carefully and now I have what I hope is going to be a couple of litres of decent ale.

I was just wondering as I hear a lot about bottling would I need to do this at the end of my brew, or should it be sufficient to transfer the beer to the keg until it has cleared then drink it from the keg itself? Just wondering because I'm new to this and don't want to be ruining my batch.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Serving from the keg should be fine. Kegging is much less work than bottling, but obviously things like transporting and sharing out your beer are harder, and once you've tapped the keg you'll have to drink it in a few days.

If you want to bottle from the fermenter instead, do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

That's grand, thanks for your reply, I don't fancy having to drink 4 gallons or so of ale in a few days so I might go for the bottling. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

eddyc wrote: »
    That's grand, thanks for your reply, I don't fancy having to drink 4 gallons or so of ale in a few days so I might go for the bottling. Cheers

Then get a barrel lid with a S-30 injection value, you can top up the barrel with CO2 with out having to let oxygen in. But by CAMRA standards this is no longer "real ale" :p,

Advertisement