Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THE TANS CHANGED TO YELLOWY ORANGE !!

• 20-09-2009 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi lads, I lately did a travellers wedding and putting it mildly the ladies sort of overdid it with the fake tans.

Anyway all pics pretty OK 'till I got to the church shots. As It was a big dark church I needed to use Brightnessand Contrast on PS. That worked well except for....

THE COLOUR OF THE TANS CHANGED TO YELLOWY ORANGE:eek: :eek:!!

Is there any way I can get a more natural look albeit, tanned....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Rofl!

Try a hue/sat adjustment layer, and changing the tone of the yellow to something more natural, you can mask out where you don't need it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Did they pay you in carpets boss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

gloobag wrote: »

keep to the question please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

maybe black and white would hide it if its only a few shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Did you shoot in raw? When you open the image in photoshop and the raw adjustments come up you can change the tint and temperature of the image, a quick flick through this and you may be able to save the images without emabarrassment to the yellow and orange people.

I shot in a church recently and one member of the party, a christening was overly orange, I was able to recover it without it looking to bad by dropping the temperature and changing the tint by moving up the scale to the pink end.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Capture NX 2 is good for making changes to specific colours and small portions of a picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Oh yes, Irish girls have that wonderful idea of smearing themselves with colourful dirt of funny colours, because they think it will make them look "different". One is certain, they look like they need a shower.
    Keep it as it is, that is my advice. At least they will see how funny they look.

By the way, orange is not always bad colour, as proved here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Or black and tan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Would that be a duotone, boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

I was thinking of selling them that idea OK...

• Advertisement

ThOnda wrote: »
    Oh yes, Irish girls have that wonderful idea of smearing themselves with colourful dirt of funny colours, because they think it will make them look "different". One is certain, they look like they need a shower.
    Keep it as it is, that is my advice. At least they will see how funny they look.

By the way, orange is not always bad colour, as proved here.

Jesis Man, I needed a shower after this gig!!!:D

gloobag wrote: »

No they didn't, the lousy feckers...They gave me loads and loads of crisp 50 euro notes!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your advice people. I did shoot in RAW so maybe I'll go down that road first. I'll keep ye posted.:)

Advertisement