Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MrStuffin's random sports bets thread!

Options
  • 20-09-2009 6:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭

After seeing Villian give it socks and do well in his betting endevours, i decided to follow him and bet his bets!

But instead of that, i thought i'd bring as little as €5 over from my poker account and have a little fun with it.

I stuck in on UFC, Lentz, Koscheck, Dos Santos and Belfort all to win at €1 each with the extra €1 thrown as an accumulator. It came in, so a good start, so refunding my €5 brings my profit to €31.55

So this is what i'm gonna be playing with. If i win, sweet. If i lose, i'm back where i started and i've gotten some fun for free :D

Feel free to drop in some tips if you're reading this by the way, i'm gonna bet on EVERYTHING except Horse Racing :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Starting off with one i thought was ridiculous considering their start to the season, Spurs are 6/1 to beat Chelsea.

Also, Jermaine Defoe has been on fine form and although i first thought of backing Drogba to score, i thought the odds were better for Defoe (maybe since they're such underdogs)

Although Chelsea have been looking invincible, i thought it worth a little punt.

Also, England have been looking dreadful in the ODI series verses Australia, they've been progressively getting worse, and their own captain has come out and said they're simply not good enough after losing 6 in a row against the Aussies.

To me, the odds of 4/9 for the Aussies are very generous, so i'm gonna stick a bigger bet on this one.

Soccer:
    Spurs €1 @ 6/1 to win (v Chelsea) Return €7
    Defoe €0.50 5/2 Anytime Scorer, eturn €1.75

Cricket
    Australia €5 @ 4/9 to win (v England) Return €7.22

Wish me luck :D

+€25.05

Couple of sneaky underdog bets in La Liga

Real v Xerez is a given, but those sly dogs have pulled me in with 14/1 on Xerez to cause an upset.

Also, Valencia, who have been looking very strong so far this season, are at home v Sporting Gijon. And although i support Valencia and wanna see them do well, they looked kinda frail at the back last week against Valladolid, so the odds of 8/1 on Sporting causing an upset have given me a little interest

Xerez €0.50 @ 14/1 to win (v Real Madrid) to return €7.50
    Sporting Gijon €0.50 @ 8/1 to win (v Valencia) to return €4.50

Come on you underdogs

+€24.05

In play bet

Double on CSKA Moscow to win (v Dynamo) and Djurgarden to win (v Brommapojkarna) €1 to beture €1.84

+€23.05

Took a hammering overall today, England decided they knew how to play Cricket and my speculative Spurs bets didn't qite come off.

Soccer:
    Spurs €1 @ 6/1 to win (v Chelsea) Return €7 LOSS
    Defoe €0.50 5/2 Anytime Scorer, eturn €1.75 LOSS

Cricket
    Australia €5 @ 4/9 to win (v England) Return €7.22 LOSS

My in play bet came off, plus (with a nod to Villian), i stuck some on Twente and Toulca to win.

Djurgarden and CSKA WIN
    Twente to win WIN

+€26.09

Olympiakos €1 @2/1 to win (v PAOK away) Return €3
    Benfica €3 @ 4/9 to win (v Leirda away) Return €4.33
    Sao Paulo €2 @ 8/13 to win (v Santo Andre) Return €3.23

Wish me luck

+€20.09

• Advertisement

The Toulca bet didn't go through for some strange reason, not showing on my account... and they won :mad:

Ah well, come on you lovely lovely bets!

Santos €0.80 @ 8/11 to win (v Botafogo) return €1.38

+€19.29

Toluca bet back up on the statement, but still labeled as "open" for some reason

I was right about Valencia, went 1-0 down but unfortunately Gigon had a player sent off in the first half and despite Valencia being in control for the rest of the game, Sporting still managed a 2-2 draw, maybe if the man wasn't sent off.......

Olympiakos clinched the win in the 90th minute, but Sao Paulo drew, so it evened it out.

From now on i need to carefully consider my away team bets.
    I fancy Boca Juniors, even though i smell a draw, i think i'll get lucky.

Benfica going well

Olympiakos €1 @2/1 to win (v PAOK away) WIN

Sao Paulo €2 @ 8/13 to win (v Santo Andre) LOSS

New bet:
    Boca €2 to win @ 1/2 (v Godoy Cruz) Reutrn €1

+€20.29

Benfica came through and the Toluca win was credited.

Toluca €1 to win @ 1/2 WIN

Benfica €3 to win @ 4/9 WIN

+€26.12

Boca were 2-1 up until the 80th minute and playing well until they imploded and lost 3-2.

And Santos went and drew.

But i covered it well with an In Play bet on the Corinthians v Goias game, 0-2 and Goias were 3/10, well worth a €10 which came off nicely!

Boca €2 to win @ 1/2 LOSS

Santos €0.80 to win @ 8/11 LOSS

Goias €10 to win @ 3/10 WIN

• Advertisement

Galatasaray €10 @ 1/4 to win (v Kasaimpasa) Return €12.50

Caen €2 to win @ 1/2 (v Ajeccio) Return €3

MLB

St Louis €2 to win @ 4/7 (v Cubs) Return €3.14

St Louis were 3-3 at the bottom of the 9th with bases loaded........ and blew it!

Lost in overtime.

Still hoping Galatasaray and Caen will pull through

Also:

Sparta Prague €0.50 to win @ 11/10

Aarhus €1 1st half/2nd Half @ 19/10

In play bet

Malmo €5 to win @ 1/5 (up 2-0)

Galatasaray gave me a scare. 1-0 down and being held at 1-1 until the 89th minute.

Ended 3-1.

Caen came through for me too

Threw on another in play bet Start v Viking for a draw, that one came up.

Aarhus and Sporting both let me down with small speculative bets, but all in all a good return.

Galatasaray €1 @ 1/4 to win WIN
    Caen €2 @ 1/2 to win WIN
    Sparta Prague €0.50 @ 11/10 to win LOST
    Aarhus €1 @ 19/10 to win LOST
    Malmo €5 @ 1/5 to win (in play) WIN
    Start v Viking €1 to draw (in play) WIN

+€28.59

Accumulator:

Sevilla
    Barca
    Real Madrid