Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kimi back to McLaren for 2010 ..!!

• 20-09-2009 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭

Kimi Raikkonen has signed an "outline agreement" to kick off a second tenure with the McLaren team beginning next season, the Mirror newspaper reported on Sunday.

Full story here >>Kimi to McLaren

It is a move I would be thrilled with if it happens. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

This should get the ball rolling if true.

Alonso to Ferrari, Rosberg to Brawn, Kubica to Renault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Top Dog wrote: »
    This should get the ball rolling if true.

Alonso to Ferrari, Rosberg to Brawn, Kubica to Renault?

Methinks the wheeling and dealing will begin in earnest once the FIA make a ruling on the Renault case. Raikkonen to Mclaren actually sounds plausible though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The Mirror arent the most reliable when it comes to these things,wonder how he would do there though with Hamilton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Kimi is one of the few drivers who won't be affected by Lewis's head games. I'm sure Lewis will do his best to get favourable treatment over him, but whether that would wash out is another matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

My favourite driver, my least favourite team, ahhh :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Gintonious wrote: »
    The Mirror arent the most reliable when it comes to these things,wonder how he would do there though with Hamilton?

That wouldnt affect kimi,,
    He arrives.. Drives and goes home.. No team mate will ever bother or upset him
    Kimi is one of the few drivers who won't be affected by Lewis's head games. I'm sure Lewis will do his best to get favourable treatment over him, but whether that would wash out is another matter.

there are 3 words that say he will not get more favourable treatment over kimi.
    and they are
    "Ron is Gone" :D

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    My favourite driver, my least favourite team, ahhh :confused:

Yes and no.
    Kimi favourite driver.. Most certainly yes with me
    McLaren.. They are not a bad team as they are always towards the front ( not including early this year ) and I think the Mclaren perfectly suits kimi whereas the Ferrari does not.

vectra wrote: »
    That wouldnt affect kimi,,
    He arrives.. Drives and goes home.. No team mate will ever bother or upset him
    If Hamilton gets new parts first it might, he gets them first at Ferrari.
    there are 3 words that say he will not get more favourable treatment over kimi.
    and they are
    "Ron is Gone" :D

It was Ron that hired him in the first place and gave him no1, he only stopped talking to kimi when he said he was going to Ferrari.
    Yes and no.
    Kimi favourite driver.. Most certainly yes with me
    McLaren.. They are not a bad team as they are always towards the front ( not including early this year ) and I think the Mclaren perfectly suits kimi whereas the Ferrari does not.
    And yet he won a WDC with Ferrari and not with Mclaren

Its a good move for Kimi he is staying in a top team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

It would be a great move for kimi but would Mclaren pay him what he wants?

cork45 wrote: »
    It would be a great move for kimi but would Mclaren pay him what he wants?

Ferrari will be paying him to get Alonso

If Hamilton gets new parts first it might, he gets them first at Ferrari.

Kimi got the new chassis first as it was designed specifically with himin mind as he was heavier than Massa and needed the weight reduction.
    I still cannot see kimi getting upset if Hamilton got them first.
    It was Ron that hired him in the first place and gave him no1, he only stopped talking to kimi when he said he was going to Ferrari.

If Ron was still there with Kimi & Lewis driving.. who would the favourite be?:rolleyes:

And yet he won a WDC with Ferrari and not with Mclaren

Thanks to Massa as much as I hate to admit it
    Its a good move for Kimi he is staying in a top team.

I certainly hope it is true anyway
    Either McLaren or Brawn ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

I think he's a driver who would fit the atmosphere of that team. He's just not emotional enough for Ferrari, whenever I see him on the podium in the red with no real smile it just cracks me up because Ferrari drivers have always had a bit of emotion, even Schumi had it.

Best of luck to him at McLaren if this is true.

Alonso as a Ferrari driver then (nice match up there I think), Kimi and Ham at McLaren, Kubica to Brawn no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Have a look at the original article in the mirror - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motorsport/2009/09/20/kimi-raikkonen-wanted-by-mclaren-115875-21686573/
    Lewis Hamilton faces the scrap of his life next season if McLaren pull off plans to sign Ferrari ace Kimi Raikkonen.

Paddock sources say the Finn, 29, has signed an outline agreement to return to the car he won the world title with in 2007.

But first he has to settle a dispute with his current employers. He is refusing to step down unless he is paid all of his 2010 £30m salary.

The deal could explain McLaren's increasingly tense relationship with engine supplier Mercedes, who wanted German Nico Rosberg in the car.
    Paddock sources say the Finn, 29, has signed an outline agreement to return to the car he won the world title with in 2007.

So he's going to race the Ferrari F2007 for McLaren next year then? Gutter Journalism at its finest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

As a Ferrari fan first and a Kimi fan second, I would be sorry to see him go to the dullest, most "grey", boring team in Formula 1. They're totally wrapped up in Hamilton right now.

But if the consolation is that Ferrari get Alonso who realistically speaking is the best, most complete and consistant driver in F1?

Then, here's your ticket Kimi...

Fabio wrote: »
    Alonso as a Ferrari driver then (nice match up there I think), Kimi and Ham at McLaren, Kubica to Brawn no?

If Kimi goes, it'll be Kubica to Renault if they're still in it.

Mercedes really want Rosberg in the McLaren, not Raikkonen but if McLaren dig the heels in, Rosberg will go to Brawn.

Rubens could be a champion without a job at the end of the season!

smooch71 wrote: »
    As a Ferrari fan first and a Kimi fan second, I would be sorry to see him go to the dullest, most "grey", boring team in Formula 1. They're totally wrapped up in Hamilton right now.

But if the consolation is that Ferrari get Alonso who realistically speaking is the best, most complete and consistant driver in F1?

Then, here's your ticket Kimi...

Dont start that rubbish for gods sake.:rolleyes:

How can he be the "Most Consistant".. What has he done over the last 2 seasons ?
    How many points has he scored compared to Kimi over the last 3 seasons.
    I hate when People Make a god out of Alonso just because he had the best car in 05 and by sheer luck in 06

How can he be the "Most Consistant".. What has he done over the last 2 seasons ?
    I hate when People Make a god out of Alonso just because he had the best car in 05 and by sheer luck in 06

Sorry, didn't realise you were the only one allowed to voice an opinion.

I didn't refer to him as a god and don't you start that "sheer luck" rubbish.

What Alonso has done over the last two seasons is never give up. Even with a crap car. That's the sign of the most consistant driver. If you can't see beyond Kimi Raikkonen (who by the way I've admired since he first jumped in a car) then you have a very blinkered view of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Vectra. Your knowledge of F1 amazes me. Please explain to me how Alonso was supposed to match Kimi's results in the last few years considering Alonso had a dog of a car? I always thought you can only judge drivers on how they perform against their teammates. Alonso has done very very well against every teammate he ever had. Maybe F1 has become a one car series unknown to me, where all cars are equal ?

Somebody please tell me that the F60 is superior to this years Renault,
    Then explain to me in what way it is better.
    2 rookies drove alongside Alonso and did ok for Rookies

2 experienced driVers stepped into the F60 and look at them .. Pathetic to be honest...Proves that it is probably the most difficult car to drive on the grid.
    Now explain to me.
    How Come Kimi is beating the socks off most of the field in this dog of a car??
    One word
    "CONSISTANCY" ;)
    thegoth wrote: »
    Alonso has done very very well against every teammate he ever had.

And his experienced teamates were???

2 experienced driVers stepped into the F60 and look at them .. Pathetic to be honest...Proves that it is probably the most difficult car to drive on the grid.
    Now explain to me.
    One word
    "CONSISTANCY" ;)

The F60 is probably better than the Renault in every conceivable way.

And cars change from track to track and as the season goes on.
    Neither of Alonos teammates have finished in the points so if you consider that ok, then maybe they should work for you.

Unfortunately due to Massa's accident we'll never know how he would have fared out as the season went on but it has to be said he beat the socks of Kimi last year in the same car.

So, answer this, yes or no, is Massa a better driver than Kimi??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Now explain to me.
    One word
    "CONSISTANCY" ;)

I'm a fan of Kimi's talents, but explain this to me: How can your "Mr. Consistant" be beaten repeatedly last year in the same car as Massa? And how was he beaten this year by Massa up until Massa had the accident? That doesn't sound very consistant to me.

• Advertisement

Two ponits with respect to your Mr. Consistancy

1) in 2008 Kimi was consistently beaten by Massa

2) Until Massa was injured this year, Kimi was again consistently beaten by him

Mr. Consistancy. Your right, but consistancy is not always a good thing !!

Just read the post above this. Will post anyway :-)

Go on guys
    give it your best shot
    Bring in the cavalry

When were we discussing Massa??

I was comparing Kimi to Alonso :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Do like Kimi and glad to see him go back to McLaren, as opposed to leaving the sport. Will be interesting to see how he does against Hamilton. Think it could be close between them and hopefully there will be some racing between them and both can motivate themselves to win races. Alonso, Massa and Ferrari, looking forward to seeing how the dynamic of the team is and how it all works out

We are using Massa to counter your statement below, which is false, as Massa has consistently beaten Kimi in the same car for the last two seasons.

"How Come Kimi is beating the socks off most of the field in this dog of a car??
    One word
    "CONSISTANCY"

Now I am a Kimi fan, but I think he is way over rated. I think it is at best the 3rd best driver is F1 at the moment. This is assuming he is better than Massa, which the results over the last 2 seasons suggest he isnt.

I would have the top two drivers in F1 at the moment as

1) Alonso
    2) Lewis
    3) Maybe Kimi, Massa, Rosberg. Not sure

I would love to see Kimi against Lewis. I would want Kimi to beat him, but I will put my cards on the table and say I think Lewis would get the upper hand

I remember at the start of the season I posted something here saying I thought that Webber would very closely match Vettel, and by the end of the year, there would be very little between them. Alot of people ( 90%) of people thought I had lost the plot but all I said was unlike most things debated here, we will know the answer in 9 months and all indicators are that by years end, both drivers will be within a few points of each other.

I hope we get the same chance to see Kimi and Lewis in the same team, as I find this debates about which drivers are better than others when they have not been teammates very frustrating

Go on guys
    give it your best shot
    Bring in the cavalry

When were we discussing Massa??

I was comparing Kimi to Alonso :rolleyes:

Massa form last years proves Raikkonen's lack of consistancy.

Fact.

We are using Massa to counter your statement below, which is false, as Massa has consistently beaten Kimi in the same car for the last two seasons.

Ok then
    Counter state this then
    How long is Massa driving for Ferrari?
    Kimi arrives and takes the title
    Who beat who??
    smooch71 wrote: »
    Massa form last years proves Raikkonen's lack of consistancy.
    Fact.

Massa failed to take the crown with all the chances he got ..
    Failed
    FACT..!!

Ok then
    Counter state this then
    Who beat who??

Massa failed to take the crown with all the chances he got ..
    Failed
    FACT..!!

Firstly I'm not disputing the fact that Kimi got the better of Massa 1 our of 3 seasons, but Massa has gotten the better of Kimi for the last 2. This counters your argument that Kimi consistantly beats almost everyone on the grid

Secondly Kimi had the same chances as Massa last season. They had the same car with the same equipment. Luck plays a part in these things. Had the rain came 60 seconds later, Massa would be champion. Had Glock changed to Wets, Massa would be champion. Had Renault not fixed the result in Singapore and cost Massa 10 ponits, he would have been world champion. If you re ran then last few races of 2007 10 times, 9 times out of 10, Kimi would not be world champion. Thats racing

Firstly I'm not disputing the fact that Kimi got the better of Massa 1 our of 3 seasons, but Massa has gotten the better of Kimi for the last 2. This counters your argument that Kimi consistantly beats almost everyone on the grid

Stop right there.
    I did not say Kimi was beating the whole field.
    I said Kimi was beating the REST of the field.

I dont know how you view a driver but my idea of a drivers abilities are by becoming WDC which Kimi has and Massa has not even though he is way more familiar with the Ferrari team.
    You statement counters nothing.

Secondly Kimi had the same chances as Massa last season. They had the same car with the same equipment. Luck plays a part in these things. Had the rain came 60 seconds later, Massa would be champion. Had Glock changed to Wets, Massa would be champion. Had Renault not fixed the result in Singapore and cost Massa 10 ponits, he would have been world champion. If you re ran then last few races of 2007 10 times, 9 times out of 10, Kimi would not be world champion. Thats racing

If's and But's are of no use.

I would suggest that not only does Massa fall into the category of "rest of the field", he is the most important person in that category as he has the same equipment as Kimi. If you but Kimi in a Toro Rossa and Luco Badorer in a Brawn and Badorer beat Kimi, is Badorer a better driver ? No. Why not? Because you can only compare drivers in the same equipment. Bottom line. Kimi has not beaten his teammate over the last two seasons.

So ifs and buts are of no use. Emmmm. Imagine if you were running the 100m sprint in the olympics. You were winning by 5m with 2 seconds to go. All of a sudden someone runs in from the crowd and tackles you from the side. You fall to the ground losing the race. I BET you would use the word "but" of "if" after that to fight your case, and you would be right.

Fact is Massa would have picked up 10 points instead of 0 in Singapore IF Reanault hadnt fixed the race. Now I'm not saying that Lewis whuold be striped of the title or anything like it. These things happen every year, but if you only look at results or championships at the end of a season without analysing how things happended then you your views may not be as well informed as they need to by. This is why most team bosses analyse all drivers on a Monday, taking into account variables and unexpected incidents that happened to them during the race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I hope Kimi keeps his eye on this year for now, I've a bet with a friend that he will score more points than Hamilton this season!

As regards the debate going on above...if Kimi motivates himself at McLaren he could out-perform Hamilton, personaly I think Kimi is more of a natural than Hamilton, but consistency has been lacking these last few years (I know, I've been betting on him for too long now:mad:).

Like I said, I think it would be Lewis. BTW, I'm not a Lewis fan.

Cant understand why McLaren want 2 top drivers to take points from each other. Bad move IMO if they want to mount a serious drivers title battle

There is not much difference between Massa and Kimi's driving ability, the last 3 years have shown that. Kimi shades it by a fraction in my opinion, if Massa was still racing i reckon they would have finished similarly for the rest of the season, I cant say who would have done better but Massa did get to grips with the car and first and scored better in the first half of the season.

The other way to look it is Kimi started doing well when his closely matched team mate was removed? So how will he cope with another closely matched team mate, I hope he kicked his arse :cool:
    Like I said, I think it would be Lewis. BTW, I'm not a Lewis fan.

Cant understand why McLaren want 2 top drivers to take points from each other. Bad move IMO if they want to mount a serious drivers title battle

I think in future if they or anyone want to win constructor titles(Which is exactly what they want) they need 2 strong drivers scoring maximum points. Look at the team that will win it this year and Ferrari who win it the rest of the time. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

If you want to talk about consistency and overall ability in the Alonso vs. Raikkonen debate then numbers don't lie. Alonso is the clear winner based on these figures but some people will choose to simply ignore the facts.

Alonso

Races 136 (135 starts)
    Championships 2 (2005, 2006)
    Wins 21
    Podiums 52
    Career points 571
    Pole positions 18
    Fastest laps 12

Average points per race start: 4.23

Raikkonen

Races 153 (152 starts)
    Championships 1 (2007)
    Wins 18
    Podiums 62
    Career points 571
    Pole positions 16
    Fastest laps 35

Average points per race start: 3.76

With 16 fewer race starts than Raikkonen and a full season driving the hopeless Minardi from which he scored 0 points, Alonso still has more championships, wins, pole positions and a higher average points per race than Raikkonen.

Alonso vs. Teammate

2001 - Minardi - Tied on 0 points with both teammates
    2003 - Renault - 55 points for Alonso vs. 33 for Trulli
    2004 - Renault - 59 points for Alonso vs. 46 for Trulli
    2005 - Renault - 133 points for Alonso vs. 58 for Fisichella
    2006 - Renault - 134 points for Alonso vs. 72 for Fisichella
    2007 - McLaren - Tied on 109 points with Hamilton
    2008 - Renault - 80 points for Alonso vs. 19 for Piquet
    2009 - Renault - 20 points for Alonso vs. 0 for Piquet and Grosjean (to date)

Alonso has beaten his teammates 6 times and tied 2 times out of 8 seasons. He has never been outscored by a teammate.

Raikkonen vs. Teammate

2001 - Sauber - 9 points for Raikkonen vs. 12 for Heidfeld
    2002 - McLaren - 24 points for Raikkonen vs. 41 for Coulthard
    2003 - McLaren - 91 points for Raikkonen vs. 51 for Coulthard
    2004 - McLaren - 45 points for Raikkonen vs. 24 for Coulthard
    2005 - McLaren - 112 points for Raikkonen vs. 60 for Montoya, 4 for De La Rosa, 6 for Wurz
    2006 - McLaren - 65 points for Raikkonen vs. 26 for Montoya, 19 for De la Rosa
    2007 - Ferrari - 110 points for Raikkonen vs. 94 for Massa
    2008 - Ferrari - 75 points for Raikkonen vs. 97 for Massa
    2009 - Ferrari - 40 points for Raikkonen vs. 22 for Massa (to date - note Massa was ahead before his freak accident but I will be generous to Kimi and say he wins since he needs some help here)

Raikkonen has beaten his teammate 6 times and lost 3 times out of 9 seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Constructors' points is what brings the prizemoney, and I'd take a guess that that's what Mclaren are after for the next few years after the 100million and this disasterous start to this year.

Ok then
    Counter state this then
    Who beat who??

And then was out performed the following year by Massa. That's not consistancy, that's INCONSISTANCY.

You've just countered your own argument

Nobody is saying Kimi is crap. He's an outstanding driver, but he is not consistant.

• Advertisement

Excellent post cartoon head, especially when comparing both drivers against team mates, which is all you can really do. You could have a driver like Michael Schmuacher who, through bad judgement, may have spend his entire careers at wrong teams at wrong times. It may never have run a racen gotten a pole, or fastest lap, never mind a championship, so if you looked at those metrics, he would appear normal, but if you compared him to his team mates, you would see something special.

One of the best, well researched posts I have seen here

. Kimi has not beaten his teammate over the last two seasons.

So ifs and buts are of no use.

Hold on
    Kimi beat Massa to a wdc
    Lewis Beat Massa 2 years running
    Alonso has Beaten Massa.
    What does that say about Massa?
    Again
    My original post was Alonso is not the be all and end all that everyone thinks he is.
    Best thing is
    we all have our own views.
    Lets see what happens if and when there is a shuffle around next year ;)

Vectra. You cannot directly compare drivers in different teams in different cars. Its like comparing you driving around a track in a Ferrari 430 compared to someone else in a corolla. Cars from different teams are not the same.
    Please say you understand that.

I want to see Lewis and Kimi in the same team next year. Come on.

Vectra. You cannot directly compare drivers in different teams in different cars. Its like comparing you driving around a track in a Ferrari 430 compared to someone else in a corolla. Cars from different teams are not the same.
    Please say you understand that.

I want to see Lewis and Kimi in the same team next year. Come on.

That is a stupid statement
    have you not noticed how close these cars are recently?
    especially this year
    OK then
    how about this
    Fisi put Kimi under pressure in Spa in a force india car
    Where was Fisi in Monza in an identical car to Kimi ?

Goes to show exactly how difficult it is to perform in the F60.. Not too unsimilar to the renault of this year. ;)

Dont panic
    Like I said
    time will tell :cool:

I also want Kimi in the same car as Lewis next year
    And what happens if Kimi beats the socks off lewis..
    Where would that put Alonso.?
    Oh
    I forgot
    Lewis was favoured over Alonso wasnt he :)

They are different cars. Thats all I'm saying

• Advertisement

Fisi put Kimi under pressure in Spa in a force india car
    Where was Fisi in Monza in an identical car to Kimi ?

Goes to show exactly how difficult it is to perform in the F60.. Not too unsimilar to the renault of this year. ;)

I think it shows it takes time to get used to a new car especially a kers car, it took Massa and Kimi time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Stop right there.

I dont know how you view a driver but my idea of a drivers abilities are by becoming WDC which Kimi has and Massa has not even though he is way more familiar with the Ferrari team.
    You statement counters nothing.

If's and But's are of no use.

You're grabbing at straws. So Damon Hill was a better driver than Kimi up until 2007? And still is a better driver than Massa today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Biro wrote: »
    You're grabbing at straws. So Damon Hill was a better driver than Kimi up until 2007? And still is a better driver than Massa today?

Arguments based on facts, reason and logic have no place in Vectra's world. Hence why he ignored my detailed post that clearly demonstrated he was wrong to claim Raikkonen is more consistent than Alonso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Stop right there.

Thats more or less the same thing.

Kimi is good,but only when he wants to,this year he has had a bit of luck on his side in the form of KERS.

And if we are going for consistency then its neither Kimi or Alonso,its Rosberg.

I think it shows it takes time to get used to a new car especially a kers car, it took Massa and Kimi time too.

Yeah
    I gues you are spot on there
    Look how long it took Liuzzi to get used to the force india car.
    A full lap :D

Yeah
    I gues you are spot on there
    Look how long it took Liuzzi to get used to the force india car.
    A full lap :D

When did force India install KERS? :D

When did force India install KERS? :D

Kers or no Kers.
    A car is a car..

Biro wrote: »

So tell me
    according to your logic a team pays big money for a driver just to gain points.?

I reckon they want the best to score titles.
    But hey
    Thats just me ;)

If you want to talk about consistency and overall ability in the Alonso vs. Raikkonen debate then numbers don't lie. Alonso is the clear winner based on these figures but some people will choose to simply ignore the facts.

Alonso

Races 136 (135 starts)
    Championships 2 (2005, 2006)
    Wins 21
    Podiums 52
    Career points 571
    Pole positions 18
    Fastest laps 12

Average points per race start: 4.23

Raikkonen

Races 153 (152 starts)
    Championships 1 (2007)
    Wins 18
    Podiums 62
    Career points 571
    Pole positions 16
    Fastest laps 35

Average points per race start: 3.76

With 16 fewer race starts than Raikkonen and a full season driving the hopeless Minardi from which he scored 0 points, Alonso still has more championships, wins, pole positions and a higher average points per race than Raikkonen.

Alonso vs. Teammate

Alonso has beaten his teammates 6 times and tied 2 times out of 8 seasons. He has never been outscored by a teammate.

Raikkonen vs. Teammate

2005 - McLaren - 112 points for Raikkonen vs. 60 for Montoya, 4 for De La Rosa, 6 for Wurz
    2009 - Ferrari - 40 points for Raikkonen vs. 22 for Massa (to date - note Massa was ahead before his freak accident but I will be generous to Kimi and say he wins since he needs some help here)

Raikkonen has beaten his teammate 6 times and lost 3 times out of 9 seasons.
    Arguments based on facts, reason and logic have no place in Vectra's world. Hence why he ignored my detailed post that clearly demonstrated he was wrong to claim Raikkonen is more consistent than Alonso

Not ignoring your post at all bud.

Lets see.

OK
    Alonso has about an average of half a point over Kimi but Seeing as you lot bring Massa into it let compare Alonso with Schuie.
    No?
    Ok

Right
    3.76 points Vs 4.23

Alonso outscored him there
    Now for the law of averages with teammates :rolleyes:

Raikkonen vs. Teammate

In 2001 I see you "conveniently" left out the names of Alonsos teammates.

Tarso Marques & Alex Yoong :rolleyes:
    Who are they I hear you say :D
    To be fair to Kimi there now, Those guys were no contest.
    Kimi was up against Quick Nick

03/04
    Alonso Vs Trulli
    Kimi Vs Coulthard

I would rate Coulthard higher than Mr Quali.

Kimi wiped the floor with every teammate he had
    Alonso won because of tyre issues with Ferrari
    But he won. well done

Kimi still beat his teamates
    Alonso won well done again

Kimi Vs Massa << Better driver than Lewis then
    Kimi takes the title

Alonso against a rookie and couldnt beat him

Kimi Vs Massa,, Not much between them
    Alonso Vs Piquet
    If he failed to beat him then he should get kicked

Repeat of 08

So
    I still dont really see what all the hype with alonso is.He is not unbeatable as was Schumacher.. ( I know it did happen but not often )

So all in all I dont really see any difference between Alonso and Kimi
    Roll on next year
    Kimi back in his "hot seat" and Alonso in the Ferrari
    oh
    I forgot
    Give Alonso time to adjust I suppose :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Again, Vectra proves that it's a waste of time attempting a logical or reasoned discussion. There was a lot between Kimi and Massa the past 2 years, namely points, results, and effort. Kimi would not have won if there hadn't been so much fighting between Lewis and Fernando, end of.
    Kimi is Good. He will do Well at McLaren. That is All.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement