If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting XXpfl8404 to a network

Options
  • 20-09-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,

hoping a philips employee or satisfied custoemr can help me on this.

Can anyone tell me what the easiest way to hook a 37PFL8404 up to a network is? I thought it had wireless (being DLNA (or whatever it is called) certified) but it seemingly doesn't.

So, would my best bet be to buy a network card for my PC and throw a netowrk cable between it and the 8404? I assume I could then share videos to the TV?

Or should I be looking at getting a wireless router (the one i have broke a couple of weeks ago...) and throw the network cable between the TV and the router, and then set up a wireless network from my PC.

Really, what is the easiest way to hoot the 8404 TVs up so that I can shaare video's from the PC and get the NetTV stuff?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

DLNA is nothing to do with wireless, it is just a standard for media sharing over a network.
    Get a network cable and connect it between TV and router (wireless or otherwise). Your computer with media server should be connected to the same router (again wireless or wired) and it

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.