Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost camera

Options
  • 20-09-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Please tell me you found the digital slr I left on the boardwalk last night and that you want to return it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Please tell me you went back down as soon as you realised you'd lost it on off-chance it was still there?
    No matter what time, if it was that important to you, I'd've gone back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭a_l_a_n

Thats cruel man ... thought that was a reply to say yes I have it, here you go ...

Yeah, I went back down. Must have been back there within 5 minutes, but was too late. Hating myself right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Depends on who found it ... if it was a solid joe public type, they may have handed it into the nearest police station.

If it was found by one of the more unsavoury boardwalk denizens ... it's probably been turned into a handful of ten-deals.

You must be feeling lousy now ... sorry about that.

trout wrote: »
    Depends on who found it ... if it was a solid joe public type, they may have handed it into the nearest police station.

If it was found by one of the more unsavoury boardwalk denizens ... it's probably been turned into a handful of ten-deals.

You must be feeling lousy now ... sorry about that.
    Yeah, my guess is #2, but surprisingly it was actually deserted there so I'm hoping against hope that someone nice walked by and found it and did indeed had it to the gardai today. Going to ring around Pearse St., The Bridewell and O'Connell St. stations tomorrow (I'm assuming they are busy today) and ask. Are they the only stations in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

a_l_a_n wrote: »
    Yeah, my guess is #2, but surprisingly it was actually deserted there so I'm hoping against hope that someone nice walked by and found it and did indeed had it to the gardai today. Going to ring around Pearse St., The Bridewell and O'Connell St. stations tomorrow (I'm assuming they are busy today) and ask. Are they the only stations in the area?

Store St. as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Please tell me you found the digital slr I left on the boardwalk last night and that you want to return it...

Try some camera shops that sell second hand cameras. They may have gone in and sold it to the shop.

Hope you get it back man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Post this over in the photography forum,
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27

A lot of people on there including myself sometimes venture out that way for night time shots. hopefully you manage to get it back.
    With the types of people that frequent the boardwalk i would say your chances of seeing it again are very low though., :(

Thanks for all the kind messages, especially seeing as how I have no one to blame but myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Thanks for all the kind messages, especially seeing as how I have no one to blame but myself.

Hey, we all human and we all make mistakes. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Hey man, hate losing stuff....
    Really really hope A nice guy found it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

All you can really do is take comfort in the fact that it was probably sold for around €50.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I lost a camera on a night out before which had nudey pics of my (at the time) girlfriend on it!! :D Was freaked at the time and felt terrible, but now I just think it's funny! :p Of course, I never told her.....maybe now would be a good time actually?

Advertisement