Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom router default password

• 20-09-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Don't know if it's been asked before but can't see it..

Need to reset the eircom router, but can't remeber what the factory default user/pass is. Any ideas what this might be?

Have the original install docs, but on that i've only got the original WPA key (since changed - which is why need to reset), and the serial number.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

connect using a wire, and open this with your internet browser

http://192.168.1.254

can reset then.

or you could go to wireless and take down the new pass from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Hi encryptx,

thanks for quick reply - not sure if i'm missing something. Basically, yeah I can get to .1.254 - problem is that i'm then prompted for user/pass before getting onto config pages.

Just wanted to see what the default user/pass for the netopia wirless router is before doing the factory reset. But maybe its just a call to eircom to find out what it was, but can remeber if its some combo of the serial number & phone number or something.

Again though head a bit fuzzy, so could well be missing something blindingly obvious.

Thanks for help!

as far as i know, there isnt a default password on the router (it can be set up later though)

the user should be "admin" without the "", but the password is whatever it was set as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

User: eircom@eircom.net

Pass: broadband1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

• Advertisement

staker wrote: »
    problem is that i'm then prompted for user/pass before getting onto config pages.

User: eircom@eircom.net

Pass: broadband1
    mickzer wrote: »
    Username:eircom
    Password:broadband1

are them passwords not for connecting to the network, to me it sounds like staker wants to connect to the router and a password is needed there :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

You don't need a password to connect to the router.
    (At least I never did)

mickzer.
    EDIT:
    OOps .Now I see where it's needed.
    In Connection Configuration:
    User Name : eircom@eircom.net
    Password:broadband1 (I presume, it's all dots)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Sorry for the delay...
    Yup, i needed to access my router to view my own generated wpa,but managed to reset the router to default wpa pass.
    Gonna try your suggestion mickzer, i'd still like to access the router page.

is there any chance of a screenshot?

if you have access to the router you can manually reset it, and set it up as you like then. The only password when logging into it would be one that was previously set on the router.

edit : after some searching i found these two points :

"Caution: Do Not keep the button depressed for more than a brief
    moment. You can "feel" the click. Keeping the button depressed too
    long can erase necessary circuit configuration for the ISP default
    settings."

and " Then I was able to login as admin"
    with password "1234"

cant say if they have any truth to them...

Advertisement