Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does NAMA mean for average taxpayer? €45,100 ??

Options
  • 20-09-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

lets do some maths

i hope to start a thread based on references, figures and facts not yet more opinion and fud

Irish labour force: 2.27 million people

Unemployment rate (sept 09): 12.2%

Number in employment: 1,993,000

Lets assume all of these are paying some tax (some more than others)

NAMA: 90 billion (is there are a definite figure? or best guesstimate? from reputable sources)

Burden on each taxpayer: €45,100

are my calculations right? discuss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭cabinteelytom

Servicing that 47G per taxpayer debt for NAMA alone , assuming a bargain 3% interest per year, is 1,410 Euro per taxpayer per year.

In the Tribune (on 16-8-09) the total national debt was estimated as heading for 190 billion euro ( a lot of policies were put on the national credit card in recent years) which is approximately 100,000 Euro debt per taxpayer; that is 3,000 euro to be wrung from each taxpayer per year to service the debt, and most of the debt to be repaid too.
    www.tribune.ie/business/article/2009/aug16/can-we-ever-rejoin-the-triple-a-club/

PS. I think your maths is right

Advertisement