Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD to Heuston in 55 mins?

Options
  • 20-09-2009 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a tutorial at 4pm on friday so it will be ending at 4:50pm (hopefully earlier because it's a tutorial).

The tutorial is in the Arts Building. Would it be possible to get the 46a to O'Connell Street and then the Luas to Heuston and make a train at 5:45pm. I don't know what traffic will be like on Friday but it's bus lane all the way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/46a/

they are timetabled to go every 20 minutes ish so if you just miss one i'd say no chance. if you get one before 5 i'd say 70:30 you will get your train

How about the 10, if it came first? More roundabouty way but at least you would be moving :D

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/10

Isn't there a bus from UCD that goes direct to heuston or passes heuston on the way to lucan? somethingX ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

I'd say you'd be cutting it very fine! I cycle that way every day and it takes me 25 mins (without stopping at traffic lights ;) - its gonna take u 5 mins to walk to the bus stop, then may 5 mins wait? and then its gonna take at least 25 mins to get you to O'Connell St/Quays and its 10/15 mins on the luas from there or about 10 on the bus depending on traffic . . . (I got the bus most of last year 5 days a week so I'm used to them taking ages esp on Fridays or just stopping to change drivers at Donneybrook Church)

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

alan4cult wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a tutorial at 4pm on friday so it will be ending at 4:50pm (hopefully earlier because it's a tutorial).

The tutorial is in the Arts Building. Would it be possible to get the 46a to O'Connell Street and then the Luas to Heuston and make a train at 5:45pm. I don't know what traffic will be like on Friday but it's bus lane all the way?

You could just leave the tutorial at twenty to, and try gauge how long you it will take to get into Heuston Station

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I make that trip myself too,I had a train to catch at 5.05 and I usually left at 4.It takes me 50-55 minutes,depending on traffic.I usually give myself an hour and I always cut it very fine!

Plus tutorials have a tendency to run on more than finish early I'm afraid,you're better off leaving a bit early if you need to catch that train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Thanks for the replies. Yes I guess I could leave the tutorial earlier and give myself a bit of time. I'm actually going to give it a trial run this Friday to see how it goes because I'm not getting that train this Friday but I can get another train to Galway which leaves later although Galway is about an hour from my house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭friday1

there is a bus called 25x goes straight from ucd along the quays and will drop u right outside heuston

From UCD Belfield to Lucan
    16:10 16:50 17:20

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/25x/

all for €2.50

much more direct than the 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

friday1 wrote: »
    there is a bus called 25x goes straight from ucd along the quays and will drop u right outside heuston

all for €2.50

Thanks! I have seen that bus around but didn't know it went to Heuston. Would you have an idea what the average journey time from UCD to Heuston would be on a Friday evening? I might take it one of the days this week and get a rough estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

friday1 wrote: »

all for €2.50

The 46C does too. Cuts easily about 15 mins off your trip

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Croí

Hi,

I've looked at the 46c on the dublin bus website but it seems it only runs very early in the morning? Or am I just reading it completely wrong (quite possible!)?! Does it go on Friday evenings and can you get it from stops on the N11?

Thanks a mil!

Advertisement