Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beggers outside Lidl

Options
  • 20-09-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Anybody notice all the young men begging money and harrassing people in Lidl carpark in Dundalk the last few months? Getting to be a real headache now in that area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Is it them Romanians? They've been begging about the town for ages? Lidl out the Newry road, bit out of the way all the same for that carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Thats a pure continental thing , you cant go to a lidl or aldi or any supermarket in spain and other places without them begging outside or playing a accordian or something !

Thats a pure continental thing , you cant go to a lidl or aldi or any supermarket in spain and other places without them begging outside or playing a accordian or something !

I personally wouldn't have a bother with them playing accordions or that, but when they're harassing people as the OP said, thats a feckin nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

DamoDLK wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't have a bother with them playing accordions or that, but when they're harassing people as the OP said, thats a feckin nuisance.
    complain to supermarket manager and get your friends to aswell so they might decide to encourage them to fup off if its bothering people that much

complain to supermarket manager and get your friends to aswell so they might decide to encourage them to fup off if its bothering people that much

+1.

Ya hear that OP? complain!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Lidl Dungarvan (Co. Waterford) is no different it has its Professional Beggar sitting by the Tolleys Thursday Friday and Saturday. He develops a nervous eye and head twitch as part of the routine which goes as soon as the car comes to pick him up in the evening. Think its a family that do it, I've actually seen some of them take off good leather jackets and put on raggy old cloths before starting to beg. While they often pretend to speak no English when I greet them as a normally do with "ah I see the professional are in town today" I get a "fcuk off" in reply as my back turns as I walk past so I guess they know what I mean ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Smokecloak

Its the same gang that are there every day at Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Email the company and complain?

Customer.Services@lidl.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

DamoDLK wrote: »
    Is it them Romanians? They've been begging about the town for ages? Lidl out the Newry road, bit out of the way all the same for that carry on.

They're not Romanians :rolleyes: They are Irish (2 of them) and Slav (2 of them). Security in the DSC seems to run them from their carparks and have called the Garda too, but Lidl behind it don't seem to care.

Personally they don't bother me but I have seen them approach single women and older people at their cars and I imagine that can be quite intimidating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chookie

yeah i've been approached by the blonde red face one when by myself. I effed him out of it the last time and called the guards. don't think he expected the reaction he got. a shrinking violet i ain't!
    gardai said that that one in particular is a drug addict
    also i heard of a few people getting mugged in and around the boyd's carpark where those same beggars operate
    dodgeville

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Aye, the blonde one with a really red face is annoying. Always outside the church st patricks at night.

They always say they were robbed and need money for a bus. In fairness you need to be a pretty stupid robber to rob someone who obviously has nothing. I know it's a sham story but it got me thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Yes I have seen them also, there are members of the travelling community doing it too. calling the police is a good decision, but effing them off is definitly not the appropriate way I would respond. I just ignore and move on.

as for the one who is a drug addict, it's a sad reality in our town today and I pray that he and others like him, get the help they deserve and need for such addictions.

We have to remember that they are some mothers son, not just street garbage fit for the dump. we should always treat others as we are ourselves would like to be treated. I dont expect you all to agree with me on that one but its how I see things.

In Christ
    Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Madflah

mod9maple wrote: »
    but Lidl behind it don't seem to care.

I assure you that Lidl managers care a great deal about this..they are in constant contact with the gardai, who claim not to be able to do anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

found this on youtube and thought it was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5o8XlucwpQ&feature=related

15746896-15746899-slarge.jpg

Advertisement