Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing post

Options
  • 20-09-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭

I had a post deleted from the Tallaght/Dublin 24 forum request thread here. It would have been post #81 immediately after Bostons not so nice post which I see is still there as are some others.

Anyhow I like to know why it was removed instead of being edited if it wasnt found to be acceptable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

It was deleted as it contained what was considered personal abuse and considering the heat the thread was generating at the time, the post was not required.

Editing or deletion is up to the admins discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks for the reply Sparky. I expressed an opinion (indeed an opinion held by many) and if it was deemed to be personal abuse by you or any of the admins then I accept that. I would however have though that the said expressed opinion was less inflammatory than the content of the post before it.

Im not here to argue the point about the deletion but I would have thought that other posts could have been treated similarly and that my post could just have had part of it snipped.

Anyhow we can leave it at that and I will repost my support for the forum.

And its nice to be on this end of a help desk thread for a change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

You're most welcome.

Advertisement