Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barber on Campus

Options
  • 20-09-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Lads can anyone tell me is the barbers in the sports centre any good or would ya have to head into town to get a decent haircut?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Lads can anyone tell me is the barbers in the sports centre any good or would ya have to head into town to get a decent haircut?:confused:

Nice barber, decent hair cut but very pricey, €14 last time I was there. You're better off heading into town!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Very risky. Last time I went there I had to wear a cap for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

TDOie wrote: »
    Very risky. Last time I went there I had to wear a cap for weeks.

Last time someone I knew went into the barbers in Belfield they had to shave their own head after it was so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭waterford1988

Last time someone I knew went into the barbers in Belfield they had to shave their own head after it was so bad.

So ya reckon I should stay away from the one on campus so? Anywhere close enough to the college that does a decent haircut for something like 10 or 12 euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

I think you just gave me an idea for a business opertunity there, setting up a barbers on campus. hmmmm. Mind you I'm not trained in cutting hair but I'll give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    I think you just gave me an idea for a business opertunity there, setting up a barbers on campus. hmmmm. Mind you I'm not trained in cutting hair but I'll give it a try.

Actually, if someone could set up a GOOD and cheap womens hairdresser on campus it'd be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

go to sam's barbers in town :) google it, it's very good i think i got it for 12 but they have a student price monday-wednesday i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I've been to the campus one loads of times and it's always been fine. And I would've considered €14 to be about standard for a haircut. Not sure I'd trust this €6 place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Breezer wrote: »
    I've been to the campus one loads of times and it's always been fine. And I would've considered €14 to be about standard for a haircut. Not sure I'd trust this €6 place.

+1

They fail to understand the words 'not too short'. The sign of an inexperienced barber/hairdresser is one afraid to cut off too little. UCD barber threads the line in a way that often leads to a hit and miss haircut; that being said, you pay for what you get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

+1

They fail to understand the words 'not too short'.
    Yup. It's horrible told this hairdresser like 10times not to short. First thing he does is a razor through my fringe and too my back. He left basically no hair :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

The barbers on campus is terrible. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

+1

They fail to understand the words 'not too short'. The sign of an inexperienced barber/hairdresser is one afraid to cut off too little. UCD barber threads the line in a way that often leads to a hit and miss haircut; that being said, you pay for what you get
    Not sure why you're +1ing me since I basically said the opposite of what you said, but OK :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Is it really €14 for a haircut on campus? I was there just before the summer exams and don't remember it being that expensive. The young lad who works there is an absolute hero. I walked by the barber's door one day and all I heard was "What's the bleedin' stooooooorey bud!"

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

They don't call him the butcher of belfield for nothing, i can tell you that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

The young Irish guy who runs the barber in the sports centre is very skilled.
    As was said, it's an expensive hair cut and he's very chatty(a good attribute imo).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Snakes

Asking someone to 'not cut your hair too short' is like asking someone how long is a piece of string. Whats too short? For some a 1 blade on the side is too short, for others the mere sight of a razor appearing rather than a scissors immediately constitutes too short.
    If you go into the lads in the sports center and tell them what you want you'll get a grand haircut, go in and tell them you 'just want a bit off the sides and top' and you're taking the exact same risk as you would in any other barbers!

Advertisement