Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a new phone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

what about the E63? its less than 200e new/unlocked and i got a 8gb card in mine, i think it will take a 16.

out of the ones u listed i'd go for the e75, although the VoiP client on that is supposed to be harder to set up and it has that nokia messaging thing although you can easily get an alternate email client for it

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Dankoozy wrote: »
    what about the E63? its less than 200e new/unlocked and i got a 8gb card in mine, i think it will take a 16.

out of the ones u listed i'd go for the e75, although the VoiP client on that is supposed to be harder to set up and it has that nokia messaging thing although you can easily get an alternate email client for it

I read a review for it and the sound quality's supposed to be pretty bad on it, and I don't really like the look of it.

I just saw the N95 8GB is around my price level as well, would this be better than the ones I've listed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

dog_pig wrote: »
    I read a review for it and the sound quality's supposed to be pretty bad on it, and I don't really like the look of it.

I just saw the N95 8GB is around my price level as well, would this be better than the ones I've listed?

the keyboard on the E75 would be much better than the N95. i dunno if that makes much of a difference to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I'm looking for a new phone to basically replace my old Nokia E51 and my iPod. This means it has to have pretty decent audio quality through headphones

The N95 would proably have the best audio quality over all the phones mentioned. Its without a doubt a great choice, but if you are a heavy emailer the E75 may make more sense as dankoozy mentioned.

Davy wrote: »
    The N95 would proably have the best audio quality over all the phones mentioned. Its without a doubt a great choice, but if you are a heavy emailer the E75 may make more sense as dankoozy mentioned.

I'm not heavy emailer at all; the phone will be just be used for music, calling, texting and a bit of internet browsing.

N95 8GB vs N85?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I have the N85 and it is super!! I have had it since june !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

gcgirl wrote: »
    I have the N85 and it is super!! I have had it since june !

Got an n85 in april, was fairly impressed with it, appart from the slider always seemed a little 'loose' (plent of blogs/threads etc on various threads discussing this) anyway, the phone met its demise after being mixed with some water..!:( am waiting on the n86 being delivered, which isnt much more costly than the n85, butcomes with 8gb on board memory and can take 16gb cards (officially) but reportedly can take 32. has all the benefits of the n85 (longer batter due to oled screen, fm transmitter etc) but with a better camera and a (hopefully!) more solid chasis; I got mine from kingofgadgets.co.uk

Right so I've narrowed it down to the XpressMusic 5730 and the N85.

Can't decide at all; I need some help! :P

Right so I've narrowed it down to the XpressMusic 5730 and the N85.

Can't decide at all; I need some help! :P

would seriously consider the n86 over the n85. Or if buying the n85 get hold of one physically first (should do this with any phone I guess..)

Where do you plan on buying? on contract/sim free payg?

km991148 wrote: »
    would seriously consider the n86 over the n85. Or if buying the n85 get hold of one physically first (should do this with any phone I guess..)

Where do you plan on buying? on contract/sim free payg?

The N86 is quite a bit more expensive though? What advantages does it have over the 85?

I did have a look at an N85 in town today and to be honest I wasn't that mad about it. I did for some reason like the 5800 XpressMusic even though I don't particularly like touch phones.

I'll be getting a sim-free for payasyougo.

• Advertisement

The N86 is quite a bit more expensive though? What advantages does it have over the 85?

I did have a look at an N85 in town today and to be honest I wasn't that mad about it. I did for some reason like the 5800 XpressMusic even though I don't particularly like touch phones.

I'll be getting a sim-free for payasyougo.

currently I see the n85 for 299gbp v 339 for the n86;

I just didnt think the n85 felt very solid when I had one, the slider was loose and it felt a bit plasticky, the n86 is supposed to be of higher build quaility has metal and full glass front to protect screen. Features wise, amongst others things, it has a 8mp camera with mechanical shutter and face detection, and 8gb of on board storage (with room for up to 32gb cards). What prices about town did u get for the 85? or would u buy from the uk?

Advertisement