Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the NO campaign and its "organisations" pushing people to the yes side?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Yes.It was Jim Corr that pushed me over the edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Yes.It was Jim Corr that pushed me over the edge.

this guy?

@ 3:30 in :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I think so, particularly the UKIP's interference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

when I saw the Coir posters the first time, I considered that they might have been put by the yes side to discredit the no side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

wylo wrote: »
    when I saw the Coir posters the first time, I considered that they might have been put by the yes side to discredit the no side

Yup I thought they'd gone too far with their lies and it would backfire on them, which I think it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Wow, can't believe some of you people would allow Jim Corr to hold such sway over your decision.
    Anyway, my opinion. Yes, some of the people and groups associated with the 'official' No campaign are certainly driving some of the undecided and those who don't understand the treaty, (almost everbody), towards voting Yes; ably assisted by the official Yes campaign and large swathes of the media, who seem far happier playing the 'look at the crowd who want you to vote No' card rather than bothering to explain to people why they should vote yes.
    The main factor pushing people towards a Yes vote, however, is fear and uncertainty regarding the economy; something the Yes campaign have keyed in on.
    The whole debate, much like this country at the moment, is a frustrating mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

True, the whole thing has turned into a joke. "Vote Yes ,for jobs in Ireland" is just as bad a poster as " Vote no, Heros died for our country".

Nobody seems to know whats going on anymore.

To answer your question OP, I started out before Lisbon 1 as a no voter (no reason tbh, , then I discovered the abortion thing was a lie, this led to me to do more research, the more I read the treaty the more lies I saw from the no side.

By the time the referendum came around I voted yes. So in a way , yes , the no campaign pushed me over to the yes side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I was out of the country the first time so didn't have the opportunity to vote, which at the time didn't bother me too much as a knew very little about the treaty.

When it came around this time it was the claim that our abortion laws might be challenged that got me interested in the treaty in the first place. When I went to do a bit of research/discussion I of course found out how ridiculous that claim was. And from there I learned more about the lisbon and have been paying close attention to the whole build up.

So I suppose quite like wylo, it was wacky no campaigners who got me interested in the treaty and at the same time made me realise why I should vote yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Coir's campaign has succeeded in turning two people I work with to the yes side. Not surprised, knew the moment I saw their posters the yes side would benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

There certainly seemed to be a fairly signifigant boost fo the Yes side in the polls after the first week or there abouts, I suspect myself it was due to two main factors the Coir and UKIP effect.

Advertisement