Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet costs???

Options
  • 20-09-2009 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Could someone please give me a ballpark figure of what it might cost to amputate a cats leg and maybe the tail.
    I need to know what to budget for.
    The cat turned up this morning and the lower half of his back leg is crushed and the lower third of his tail is broken in a few places.
    We heard a car scidding on the road yesterday evening but this was the first time we saw the cat.
    He has since disappeared again down the field. But I'm hoping he will turn up for dinner tonight or again tomorrow morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Chiaki

we paid about 50 quid for a tail amputation, not such for leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 merly

That doesn't sound too bad at least.
    I don't mind what I pay - but finding the money if the bill is about 1000euro will be a problem these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Could you not catch the cat earlier? Leaving the cat with those kind of injuries may lead to the cat dying slowly somewhere. If the cat turns up again try your hardest to catch him and take him straight to an emergency vets.

Vet bill wise it's going to cost more than 50 there are charity places for people on welfare or limited income like the blue cross that can help people out.

Doubt it would come to thousands but cost depends on how bad the injuries are. You could be talking between 100 and 300 but that's all depending on what needs to be done.

Either way cat needs a vet asap if you have trouble catching the cat getting a humane cat trap might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I hope you get this cat to a vet soon, poor pet must be in pain.

A tail amputation is reasonabley cheap but the leg will cost a good bit more. Be prepared to pay maybe €500 for it, op and aftercare. Hopefully it won't be this pricey for you but it could be. Ask the vet for costs before you get the op done, then (at least) you know where you stand with it. Some vets will allow installment payments, always worth asking.

Advertisement