Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone notice colours go wonky upon upload to pix.ie?

• 20-09-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

I've not come across it before, but I uploaded a few pics of my boys there, and the reds are coming out very vibrant - The older fellow looks like he's wearing makeup! I open the jpg and the pix.ie upload side by side on the one laptop, there's a clear difference. Am I doing something wrong? I'd assume monitor needs recalibrating, but the difference is viewable on the same screen.

AB0E4BBF27734C32B827FE85802AFECE-800.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Could you post the image to boards for comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

there was somethin similar referenced recently. colour space in post processing had to be sRGB iirc. could you be using something different perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

oshead wrote: »
    Could you post the image to boards for comparison.

A slightly smaller version of it, because boards didn't like the file size, but here you go!

Edit - wtf, maybe I'm going insane, but that looks very pinky pinkerton too!

Edit 2 - doh, no wonder, wrong photo! Ok, right photo now, but still looks more red online than when I open the jpg locally ?? I have to be doing something wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I just checked on the original picture in pix. The embedded profile is for your monitor.

91408.jpg

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    there was somethin similar referenced recently. colour space in post processing had to be sRGB iirc. could you be using something different perhaps?

That's all greek, but sure I'll have a look at the settings ;)

• Advertisement

Ok, trying this again with the sRGB, no idea if I did it right, so bear with me.

Ahhhh! Huge difference! Thanks, folks :)

Advertisement