Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulin pump cases

Options
  • 20-09-2009 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've a pump case that's starting to come apart at the seams. I've tried using the clips in the past but I inevitably break them by sitting down at the wrong angle or just catching them on things so I'm going to stick with the case approach.

Has anyone come across any decent sites that sell this kind of thing or should I just go to medtronic and buy a direct replacement?

Any suggestions would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

A quick (and final) bump on this one. Searching around websites is doing my head in - only seem to be able to find crazy small american companies selling strange kid friendly design.

I might just bite the bullet and contact medtronic but I have a horrible feeling they'll charge a fortune.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

A quick googling mostly turned up lost of flowery or Disney type designs for me as well. Looking at the size of what you need though you may be able to find something like a small camera case that would do the job for you?

Thanks for that robinph. I was starting to feel like I had gone just insane enough to only find disney related products on the internet. I'll do some checking on the camera pouch idea - I hadn't thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

medtronic site is the only one ive seen.

Ive just been signed up to get an insulin pump sometime in jan. I know the docs and websites say they are hardly noticable, but really how noticable are they???

also, im getting the medtronic one, but the hospital wont give me the continuous monitoring system..... any advice on antother way of getting it?

Medtronic themselves seem to be the only option alright. Thirty odd euro was the price.

On the pumps themselves - I really noticed mine for the first while but, like alot of things, you get used to it fairly quickly. I find mine quite unobtrusive now and I'm happy it's worthwhile.

I've no idea on the whole CGMS thing I'm afraid.

Best of luck with the transition to the pump!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

ElBarco wrote: »
    Medtronic themselves seem to be the only option alright. Thirty odd euro was the price.

On the pumps themselves - I really noticed mine for the first while but, like alot of things, you get used to it fairly quickly. I find mine quite unobtrusive now and I'm happy it's worthwhile.

I've no idea on the whole CGMS thing I'm afraid.

Best of luck with the transition to the pump!

thanks for the reply barco,

Is it possible to get the pump literally strapped onto your stomach, because all I have seen is them attached a belt.... or to a bra.... and sadly i dont wear a bra.

thanks for the reply barco,

Is it possible to get the pump literally strapped onto your stomach, because all I have seen is them attached a belt.... or to a bra.... and sadly i dont wear a bra.

I've never really looked into it beyond the case/belt clip angle. I don't suppose there would be anything stopping you using some kind of bandage to keep it close.

You really wont notice it too much after a while if it's clipped to your belt or in your pocket though.

Advertisement