Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedro's Grill Tuam-what kind of food?

Options
  • 20-09-2009 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

There is a new cafe in Tuam called Pedro's I was wondering if anyone has been there and if so what kind of menu had they?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 pauliewallie200

greengreen wrote: »
    There is a new cafe in Tuam called Pedro's I was wondering if anyone has been there and if so what kind of menu had they?

Had a lovely meal in there yesterday. The prices have to be the cheapest in all of Galway, never mind Tuam and the place was spotless (suppose it is new!).
    What I really liked was that the owner, Pedro, came over to us twice, chatting & he was eager to get our comments/feedback etc. He seems to have a great & genuinely friendly personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Yeah, but what was the menu like, price wise and was the quality of food good? Do they serve wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Basic_User

I ate there yesterday and the food was top rate and the prices were well below what is currently being charged in Tuam. When I do go out, I generally hit Ryan’s, O'Tooles or the Imperial.

The menu was very nice and covered quite a range. I was handed two menus.

The first menu I had was a sandwich only menu and had about 10-15 choices. Regular sandwiches (BLT, Club, or custom made for example), wraps, and panini's.

The main menu was quite varied. I recall seeing starters, a salad section, a fish section, a gourmet burger section, chicken, steak, tex-mex, and a specialities section.

Prices - My wife had the club sandwich which was about 6 or 7 Euro and I think the burgers were the same or a little more. I had the peppered rib-eye steak dinner which was 14 Euro.

It's great to have something back there again. Especially something so nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

I was there last Friday which I believe was opening day and apart from the usual teething problems was very nice indeed. Again Pedro came over to us and gave us the meal (lunch for four) including drinks on the house!

The food quality was very good and all well cooked. Personally I was happy to pay for the food but he would have none of it.

Would I recommend it, yes, good food at a reasonable price in a clean environment. I don't believe the serve wine, but I may stand corrected.

T

dec25532 wrote: »
    Yeah, but what was the menu like, price wise and was the quality of food good? Do they serve wine?[/qu

Had a Margarita Pizza for 6.70!!
    My missus had a delicious peppered steak for 13euro odd. Hard to beat that?
    :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, but what was the menu like, price wise and was the quality of food good? Do they serve wine?[/qu

Had a Margarita Pizza for 6.70!!
    My missus had a delicious peppered steak for 13euro odd. Hard to beat that?
    :)

Sorry...
    When Pedro came down to us the 2nd time, my missus asked him about wine...he said that he will be applying for a wine licence soon (think he said pre-xmas?) and mentioned that he will also be putting stainless steel tables (and ash trays)outside in the paved area/forecourt in Spring 2010 ... we both smoke so it will suit us perfect if he maintains the current level of quality food & service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

where exactly is it..near where...saw a sign for it but cant remember where?? Sounds worth a go...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

magconn wrote: »
    where exactly is it..near where...saw a sign for it but cant remember where?? Sounds worth a go...

Were you ever in Cafe Florence in the Shopping Centre? That's where it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

ah yeah, thanks..knew i saw a sign for it someplace,,cheers :)

No problem!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭greengreen

had a quick sandwich and coffee there and yes it was very nice and good value. The place is really clean as well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Does it serve up road kill from the N17?

Would make a "killing" if it did...:D

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Does it serve up road kill from the N17?

Would make a "killing" if it did...:D

Please get your coat and leave! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hession

Me and some friends ate there on thursday we had 3 children with us,it was in the afternoon and it was quite,It took ages foe someone to take our order and there wasnt anything for kids on the menu bar chips,i had the garlic bread starter with salad i was taken back when it arrived ok 3 cuts of garlic bread couldnt taste the garlic the salad was a few bits of lettuce a slice of tomato and that was it i have to say very disapointed the kids did have soup and said it was nice but it was served with no spoon and once agin took ages for them to bring one down,and i think 2 euro for a can of coke is a bit much,as it stated on the can it was 19p lol
    Wont be going back again
    To bland was what my friend said:(

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

I was among a party of six people (2 adults & 4 children) today & have to say that we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Service was good & place was packed with, from what I could see, happy diners. Pity they won't sell wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

rco2000 wrote: »
    I was among a party of six people (2 adults & 4 children) today & have to say that we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Service was good & place was packed with, from what I could see, happy diners. Pity they won't sell wine.

So what was the cost for the lot? Did you find it reasonably priced? Glad you found the service good.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

So what was the cost for the lot? Did you find it reasonably priced? Glad you found the service good.[/quote]

Forget...I did not pay the bill:)

However I had a Smoky Bacon Burger (+chips & side salad) and Tea today for lunch and it cost just e9.
    Burger was very tasty and tender & chips are real potato chips. Presentation was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

Nice to see all good things been said about Pedro's! Here's hoping he'll have years of success with it :D

In Pedro's again today - have not been in since their opening week - the place was buzzing & more importantly, the standard of food is still top notch. Had a cajun chicken panini & home made soup...very tasty & gr8 value. But most of all, the staff/service has really sharpened up since the obvious teething problems at the start.:)

Advertisement