Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black borders on screen when playing games

Options
  • 20-09-2009 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

I have a widescreen monitor and when I play games (Battlefield Vietnam, Half Life 2 etc) there are blacf borders on either side of the screen. Its obviously a resolution problem but Im not not sure how to fix it. Ive tried changing resolutions but it hasnt helped.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ok so I changed the aspect ratio in half life and it fixed the problem but there is no option to do this in Battlefield.

I tried to change flat panel scaling in the nvidia control panel also, but the option is unselectable for some reason. I even updated my drivers with no luck. Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tusky wrote: »
    Ok so I changed the aspect ratio in half life and it fixed the problem but there is no option to do this in Battlefield.

I tried to change flat panel scaling in the nvidia control panel also, but the option is unselectable for some reason. I even updated my drivers with no luck. Hmmm

BF has an issue with widescreen, the new patch did somethng to it dunno if it worked.

Advertisement