Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agilix BackPack for Blackboard

Options
  • 20-09-2009 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just downloaded this piece of kit but suddenly realized there is no Mac version (I'm a MacBook user). So I ran it in VirtualBox under Windows XP but its just a pain to use. I've checked with Agilix but they don't do a Mac version and lets be honest, probably never will. Anyone know of an App that will do the same? I presume Syncing with Blackboard is an easy enough affair, so has anyone done it? I don't mind printing notes but it costs a fortune even at home.

ironclaw.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Just save them to your hard drive? Isn't that all Backpack does except that it automates it?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Wanna be a darling and give me your activation key for backpack considering you cant use it (you get two). Stupid Dell computer has aids and has been wiped 3 times and now I cant get another activation key.

(It's worth a shot)

And no, theres no other similar program afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

BackPack can take advantage of Blackboard features such as scheduling etc., but UCD doesn't use it for much more than PDF file provision and the occasional online MCQ or submission. I don't think it's worth paying money for BackPack, and I just save files to my Personal drive and sync them with a USB Key (using Unison).

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hmm I use Linux and cba emulating, it might be just as easy to just download the stuff from blackboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks for all the replys folks. Well, its free with UCD, they must pay for it on volume licensing. I'll try Unison, looks interesting or maybe write an App. I just hate going through them all to download. Its a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Anyone know how to sync OpenOffice with Backpack instead of the trial version of Microsoft Office I have but has expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I would say thats difficult if not impossible. If its meant to use MS Office then I doubt there is a walk around. Chalk and Cheese sort of scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Anyone had any luck with the backpack capture printer? I'm just getting blank pages

Advertisement