Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what kind of engine can you put in a 98 colt?

• 20-09-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

want to know the best engine to put into a a 98 Mitsubishi colt
    to give it a lot of bhp.any other ideas for modding it would be good to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Evo 4 or 5 engines can be squeezed in. I've seen it done a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I know someone who put I think a mivec engine and made the car 4 wheel drive. Im not sure what engine it was tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Met a guy who fitted a V6 MIVEC engine from an FTO into his. The Colt is a heavier car than the FTO, so no real performance gains.

You'd have to really sit down and ask yourself if it's worth it.
    To be blunt, the Colt has a very old fashioned interior, the exterior styling is nothing to write home about, the standard 1.3 engine is only 81bhp,

Buy something else if you want a fast car. I'm not having a go at Colts, the o/h has one and they're great for what they are. If you really want a fast Colt, then buy a MIVEC model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Exactly, buy the MIVEC model the 1.6 version, plenty of Cyborgs around too, they are fast enough little cars!

In fairness the 1.3 is nippy enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Met a guy who fitted a V6 MIVEC engine from an FTO into his. The Colt is a heavier car than the FTO, so no real performance gains.

You'd have to really sit down and ask yourself if it's worth it.
    To be blunt, the Colt has a very old fashioned interior, the exterior styling is nothing to write home about, the standard 1.3 engine is only 81bhp,

Buy something else if you want a fast car. I'm not having a go at Colts, the o/h has one and they're great for what they are. If you really want a fast Colt, then buy a MIVEC model.

Has to be that way! Dont know about the FTO if you want performance, mate of mine has a 180bhp triptonic gr and it cant pull away from my remapped diesel fabia vrs:pac: Incredible sound off the V6 but only the mivec gpx is worth looking at, others are fairly tame for a sport car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dan1988iel

evo 4s id say

Advertisement