Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 mag adaptor for AUG?

Options
  • 20-09-2009 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

I was curious. Is there an adaptor on the market which will allow me to use M4 magazines in a JG AUG A1? I notice M4 mags are cheap and AUG ones aint.

So can anyone help me save precious money in this time of recession?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Phractal wrote: »
    I was curious. Is there an adaptor on the market which will allow me to use M4 magazines in a JG AUG A1? I notice M4 mags are cheap and AUG ones aint.

So can anyone help me save precious money in this time of recession?

There's no commercial adaptor available, it has to be custom made, Masada made one from the magwell of an Army L85 if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Not sure about an adaptor, but I've seen that you can modify the AUG's magwell to accept Armalite mags, some one else could probably fill you in.

EDIT: Damn you Blay, you beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Suppose it depends on the mag you are buying, my standard armalite mag of choice costs me €25 while my AUG mag of choice costs me €20, I only use mid caps though.

But no there is no mag well adapter but Masada did make one for one of his AUGs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Yes... but stanag are easier to get into pouches....

Magwell adaptor... not easy, but doable, as someone said, ask Masada how ... as hes done it. a few others do too, but the why and how escape me... I do not like the silly aug :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Bugger. Looks like I must buy the AUG midcaps singly so instead of a nice box of 8 M4 midcaps for 50 euro. Ah well... I prefer the 'look' of the AUG mag in the end.

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    Yes... but stanag are easier to get into pouches...

They are virtually the same size in fairness, any pouch you can get an armalite mag in, an AUG mag will go in no problem at all. The slightly bigger base plate of the AUG mag will be sticking out the top any way.

Bugger. Looks like I must buy the AUG midcaps singly so instead of a nice box of 8 M4 midcaps for 50 euro.

You can get a 5 pack of KA mid cap AUG mags for around €25, I don't know what they are like though, I only use TM AUG mags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

you can get 5 packs of mag aug mids too :)

As for the mag pouches... nope, a tripple ar15 mag pouch gets 3 ar15 mags (Duh) or 2 aug... they are wide enough to make it too tight. By boyfriend uses an aug... so its quite obvious on his rig... (not accounting for taste clearly)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

You can get a 5 pack of KA mid cap AUG mags for around €25, I don't know what they are like though, I only use TM AUG mags.

They're good! The plug at the opposite end of the spring from the BB-hole can pop out if you try to overload them, but that's remedied by holding your finger on it when loading, or I'm sure just gluing them in would do it too. And they've got fake bullets in and look deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

ANyone care to point me toward these midcaps? Do want...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

ANyone care to point me toward these midcaps? Do want...

MAG AUG Midcaps
    King Arms AUG Midcaps

The MAG ones have a much higher capacity than the KA ones.

Advertisement