Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Lite or Nokia 6303

• 20-09-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭

Well getting a new phone hopefully before Monday just wondering if all of you boards out there could help me pick. I am stuck between the Tocco Lite and the Nokia 6303. I like the idea of the Tocco, its a fairly decent camera and looks kinda cool on the other hand I'm not sure if I would be able to use a touch screen very well as I have never done so before.
    I text quite alot so the Nokia would be useful for that
    Other than that the phone really is neck and neck imo.
    Anyone suggest one to be better then the other? Its greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

M&S* wrote: »
    Well getting a new phone hopefully before Monday just wondering if all of you boards out there could help me pick. I am stuck between the Tocco Lite and the Nokia 6303. I like the idea of the Tocco, its a fairly decent camera and looks kinda cool on the other hand I'm not sure if I would be able to use a touch screen very well as I have never done so before.
    I text quite alot so the Nokia would be useful for that
    Other than that the phone really is neck and neck imo.
    Anyone suggest one to be better then the other? Its greatly appreciated

I have the Tocco Lite and like it in general but i must admit texting is fairly annoying on it. If i could choose again i'd opt for the Nokia 6303.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The 6303 is a lovely phone, the tocco lite is very popular too at the moment but one thing to be aware of, they are not 3g phones. Its not a major issue unless you use the phone for heavy internet usage.

It really comes down to form factor, can you handle the touchscreen or not. The screen on the tocco is fairly responsive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'm not too bothered about the whole 3g thing atm.
    Its really wrecking my head as to which one to order I was really reared up to get the Tocco but when I think about it I'm afraid I'll hate it because of the texting :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

M&S* wrote: »
    I'm not too bothered about the whole 3g thing atm.
    Its really wrecking my head as to which one to order I was really reared up to get the Tocco but when I think about it I'm afraid I'll hate it because of the texting :(

It sounds like you want the tocco a lot more than the 6303. I know a few textaholics with the tocco and they are quite happy with it so maybe you should go for it. Like anything it will take time to get used to it as all touchscreen phones do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Davy wrote: »
    It sounds like you want the tocco a lot more than the 6303. I know a few textaholics with the tocco and they are quite happy with it so maybe you should go for it. Like anything it will take time to get used to it as all touchscreen phones do.
    Wow your good :D haha yeah I suppose sometime maybe they will invent a sport for the fastest texter on a touchscreen phone :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement