Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using bluetooth to connect N95 to web

• 20-09-2009 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

Hi, i've been trying to find how to do this on the web, but everytime i search it i get the opposite way around to what i need. Basically I have a wired internet connection on my laptop and a usb bluetooth stick, i want to connect the n95 to the internet through bluetooth, is this possible? i know i can connect the laptop to gprs through the n95, so i presume the opposite is possible somehow?
    Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A thread from awhile back: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520746

Only time i remember it being asked on here. Let us know how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

i can give you settings for wvdial if you are using Linux. not exactly sure how it works with windoze, except you need to make a virtual serial port with bluetooth and a dial up connection with the right AT commands (ATD*99#) and that one with the AP's name in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'm using windows 7 so can't be getting involved in any linux-esque madness :o
    I also just realised that i could probably use the wifi card in the laptop to create an ad hoc connection, but i don't have a clue how to do it, any ideas? basically i just wanna use the internet connection on my phone without buying a wifi routher :P

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I'm using windows 7 so can't be getting involved in any linux-esque madness :o
    I also just realised that i could probably use the wifi card in the laptop to create an ad hoc connection, but i don't have a clue how to do it, any ideas? basically i just wanna use the internet connection on my phone without buying a wifi routher :P

you have to use that joikuspot thing but that's payware. its definitely possible to use bluetooth unless your phone has very crippled firmware so probably no need to pay for joikuspot

USB cable is probably easier but not an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I don't think that program allows me to use the laptops internet connection on the phone though, i'm trying to create a wireless access point on the laptop now but not having much success

• Advertisement

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I don't think that program allows me to use the laptops internet connection on the phone though, i'm trying to create a wireless access point on the laptop now but not having much success

<smug>
    prolly cause you're not using linux :)
    </smug>

if u are using the laptop as an AP then you need to access the phone some other way like bt or cable or a USB wifi dongle

Advertisement