Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Magazine - Waldorf Barbers - 19.09.09

Options
  • 20-09-2009 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

The Irish Times Magazine ran a short piece on the Waldorf Barbers. A short and positive piece on the uptake of good grooming recently.

See attached. A .jpg - 1600 x 1493 - ITM-P28-19.09.09-Waldorf.jpg

I have no connection or vested interest in the business covered, commercially or otherwise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Have to say I've gone there a few times for a cut and shave.
    None of dodgy "styles" you see these days, short back and side all the way, get yourself a hot towel shave there, you'll feel a million dollars and best off all they never seem to do the production line- wash, cut, next.

Again I've no connection, but would recommend them without a doubt.

Slightly off topic, but I've heard they do synging (spelling?) has anyone ever got it done? pro's and con's (bar the obvious fire risk).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Gillo wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but I've heard they do synging (spelling?) has anyone ever got it done? pro's and con's (bar the obvious fire risk).

I had to look that up..

An excerpt taken from:

Men's Hairdressing: Traditional and Modern Barbering by Maurice Lister

http://books.google.ie/books?id=WpOhh2JqUkAC&pg=PT10&lpg=PT10&dq=barber+singeing+method&source=bl&ots=0kt1rN0id_&sig=dxuQMom8EeLfuvEwuHPf-wpro4I&hl=en&ei=M5a2SvX0CKGH4gb-wPh8&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=barber%20singeing%20method&f=false

Interesting, does Singeing have a place in modern times, it doesn't seem to be visual, judging from the Google link. More a health 'method'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

been in twice for haircuts by recommdation from a friend, results were good both times and my hair has been beter behaved then it use to be. Havnt tried a shave from them, might do the next time I go which would be soonish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

There's a guy in Cork who does it alright although he admit's it's a dieing art. I've heard the Warldorf do it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Anyone know the prices would love to get a hot towel shave done proper

got one in turkey about 5 years ago have to say didn't need a shave for about a week afterwards

might still nip in saturday morn for one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Everytime I've had a hot towel shave at a barbers I've been disappointed, they've never been as close as I can do it to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've found there's a guy in the Just Cuts barbers next to the Ha'Penny bridge on the Northside of the Liffey that does great hot towel shaves.

Considerably cheaper than the Waldorf too. But I do like the atmosphere in the Waldorf though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

its been years since i was in the waldorf.what are the prices like now for a shave

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I usually get a hair cut and a shave together and it comes out at about €60.

• Advertisement
Advertisement