Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin's Café en Seine, Zanzibar etc move to have examiner appointed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's a bit worrying. What if all the Cafe En Seine clientèle end up in any of the decent pubs in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

stovelid wrote: »
    It's a bit worrying. What if all the Cafe En Seine clientèle end up in any of the decent pubs in the area?

Loike oh my god.........i can't beleive you've loike totally said that and stuff!!
    **** the lot of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Its a tough market - change or go out of business. Its no celtic tiger society anymore, people wont stand paying near 7 euro for a pint. Good buy and good riddance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

stovelid wrote: »
    True enough, I wonder where the pr!cks will go. I'd say all the silly fcukers they'll migrate to the Shelbourne. Cann't see them hanging out in the Protobello, Copper's and Slattery's on Camden St where all the GAA lads and lassies hang out. Could you imagine the battering they'd get from all the GAA heads male and female alike when they'd come out with sh!te like " OOOhhh this place is full of Scobies, loike, isn't it Tarquin ? "

Pure Mule !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

humberklog wrote: »
    The George is only 4.60 a pint btw.

plus if you stand up anyone there will offer to push your stool in for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

How can cafe en séine not make ****loads of money charging that kind of money and being chock-ablock each night ? I won't miss their gouging prices - hopefully oliver st john gogarty will be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

coyle wrote: »
    of what?

Sperm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

McArmalite wrote: »
    " THE CAPITAL Bars chain of pubs and hotels, which is owned and run by the O’Dwyer brothers Liam and Des, has become the latest highprofile hospitality group to feel the effects of the credit crunch. The O’Dwyers yesterday moved to have an interim examiner appointed by the High Court to the companies operating four of its biggest pubs – Café en Seine, The George, Howl at the Moon and Zanzibar. "
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2009/0919/1224254866651.html

Well I never liked Café en Seine, ( or indeed Dawson St bars and restaurants in general ) too many silly, pertenious posers and worse of all - West Brits from south Dublin. Still, the chicks liked them :rolleyes:. If you wanted to make an impression :o Howl at the Moon was better, must say their was some excellent talent there.

So folks, what does this say about the Celtic Tiger ?? :)

It says that even after the Celtic Tiger there are still people clinging onto the chips on their shoulders as if letting them go would cause the world to collapse. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,697 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

humberklog wrote: »
    The George is only 4.60 a pint btw.

The pints are only 4.60, but you are guaranteed to wake up the next morning with a pain in your arse

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, there is the worry that the Cafe En Seine clientel will spill out to decent pubs now. It did a great public service ensuring all the Abercrombie assholes drank in the same place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Galvasean wrote: »
    Café en Seine charged me €6.50 for a pint of Miller. Good riddance.

That is insane. En Seine in the membrane. En Seine in the brain! Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I think people are over-reacting. It's in examinership not liquidation. Not a hope we'll see any of them closing up. Changing ownership? Maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

McArmalite wrote: »
    " THE CAPITAL Bars chain of pubs and hotels, which is owned and run by the O’Dwyer brothers Liam and Des, has become the latest highprofile hospitality group to feel the effects of the credit crunch. The O’Dwyers yesterday moved to have an interim examiner appointed by the High Court to the companies operating four of its biggest pubs – Café en Seine, The George, Howl at the Moon and Zanzibar. "
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2009/0919/1224254866651.html

Well I never liked Café en Seine, ( or indeed Dawson St bars and restaurants in general ) too many silly, pertenious posers and worse of all - West Brits from south Dublin. Still, the chicks liked them :rolleyes:. If you wanted to make an impression :o Howl at the Moon was better, must say their was some excellent talent there.

So folks, what does this say about the Celtic Tiger ?? :)

I was in there in the day a few times and saw no reason for all the sniggering. Made the mistake of going in there at night....Dear Jesus.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

Jesus I wonder where I'll go now possibly Shelbourne?? I really don't want to be hanging around Portobello, Coppers or Slattery's on Camden st. because of all the GAA heads that frequent those parts. I can only begin to imagine the battering I would get off those tough characters from the country when chatting to my best mate Tarquin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Good riddens.

Theyve been ripping off people with long enough, good Karma there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Any bar that can charge almost 7 Euro for a pint deserves to go bloody bust.

Although, one must feel for the workers affected here. These establishments are household names in Dublin, it's a wee bit sad to see them erased form existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

coyle wrote: »
    of what?

Water and blackcurrant :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

Sperm

thank fcuk someone got that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

All the Cafe En Seine crowd will just move a few doors up to The Dawson Lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

on the subjects of rip offs, was up in 92 a few months ago, my bro wasnt driving so I got him a pint of blackcurrant! €4!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,697 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Christ, can you imagine the amount of arseholes who will be piling into Samsara if Cafe En Seine goes belly up ? Not that I'd be caught dead drinking on Dawson St anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Originally Posted by oppenheimer1
    If you read the article, the dragon is going down the sh1tter too.

I heard its usually the opposite !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I've only ever been in Zanzibar, thought it was a good spot

plenty of ladies rife for the sniffin

pfft, if you simply go out to "smell" women, go to tesco and buy some near sell by date prawns and some cheap perfume, open the former, spray the latter onto the former, et voila.. L'eau de Naartsoider

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

Cafe insane gets what it deserves. thieves!

I was charged 6.50 for a longneck bottle of beer,let alone a pint. They also brought in a cover charge on fridays near the start of the year but not sure if that is still upheld.

INsane are sly, they ramp up the drinks prces as the night progress. A pint might be five somethin at 8 but above 6.50 after midnight.

The rationale is that while you might balk at paying 6.50 that when your only slightly merry at 8 o clock by 1 in the morning your bannanas and mindlessly handing them the laser card without looking.

On a lighter note, I took the bird out for a drink in Dalkey(Queens) not long ago. Got a pint of heiniken and a glass of white wine(chablis, so a nice/normally a bit more expensive one) and got signifigant change from a tenner. I cant remmeber getting change from a tenner in Dalkey during the boom years so its shows some establishments are coping on. 92 are throwing punters a free drink on admission too.

Did anyone ever hit the new anabels earlier this year? Robbers tryed to charge 20 in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I will be sad to see the Capital hotels go, especially the Trinity Capital. Hopefully someone will buy them as to my knowledge they are doing pretty well, at least they are always busy when I am in there doing work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

3 years later and they are still open...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Please don't resurrect old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement