Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxi driver refusing fare?!

• 20-09-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Still seething, need to rant...

Went out with friends last night, to Kelly's (Living Room). Got a little drunky, wanted to go home - while hubby and his mates were still staying out. Hubby obviously wanted me to go home safely, so put me in a taxi.

I told the tax i driver where I wanted to go (St. Mary's Road) - and yer man turned around and said that 'this wasn't worth his while'. WTF?

So I got out of the cab again and ended up walking home, pretty pissed off. Now I was fine walking home - but what if something had happened? I was on my own, on high heels, and slightly drunk - walking around the backroads of Galway. I cannot believe that yer man pretty much refused to take me home.
    While I can understand that he wouldn't want to lose his place in a queue for a fare to, say, CPs (which really is just down the road), St. Mary's is a little further up, and usually cost around 10 Euros. I understand that he is runnign a business and not a charity, but I can't believe that this individuum would, from a moral perspective, leave me to find my own way home.

Unfortunately I never took down his license number, cause I am very very tempted to complain to anyone in the business who would listen, but I must say that I will never, ever use any of the taxis outside Kelly's again. Ever.

Not much point telling your kids to stay safe and not walk home in the dark if the f*cking taxi drivers refuse to take ya...Or be surprised if girls end up getting assaulted cause they have no choice but to walk, as they don't live far enough away to make a fare worth the driver's while...

/rant.

Edit: Also - how does one get home in these cases? Try every other cab in the queue?Wait forever to get a hackney? Nag hubby out of the pub to bring me home? (and don't get me wrong, he offered, but I thought it would not be necessary...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

They aren't suppose to do that.

Pity you didn't get his license number and report him; I'd delight in reporting a driver like that. I've never been refused before, regardless of how short a trip I've been making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

They cant refuse and say its not worth his while next time take the number and report it ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

D'yeah remember how old he was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

absolutely disgraceful,and these are the very ones complaining that they cant make a living as there is too many taxis (tough $hit on them) a fare is a fare,
    as the previos guys said,it was a pity you didnt take is number and report him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Damnit Galah, if only you got his number!

It's an offence for a taxi driver to refuse a fare. I know a few drivers in Galway have been before the courts for it.

Had a look on the regulator's website there (www.taxireg.ie), but all I can find is this:
    What is reasonable refusal of a hire?
    Taxi drivers have the right to refuse to carry a passenger requesting to travel in excess of 30km from the point of pick-up. A driver may also refuse a passenger who is disorderly.

Also, have a look at this old thread elsewhere:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055432298

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

You shouldn't have gone home on your own in the first place and like the other posters, you should have at least got the company name of the taxi concerned. I know you had a few and all that but that ba**ard of a taxi driver needs to be exposed. Trouble is that the taxis which park up outside Kellys or the Living Room vary from night to night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Galway in general is a pretty small place!
    Regardless of your journey, he should not have refused you!! Letting a woman walk home at night is a No-No. He should have known better, especially during these times.

Thats like saying if your staying in the Radison hotel and you feel like watching a movie in the Eye Cinema and it finished at 11.30 your expected to walk Lough Atalia at night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I am sure you were upset at being refused to be carried by the taxi. Myabe he though you were too drunk and would spew your guts up all over his taxi. You saying he refused the fare because of the distance whne he said it wasn't worth his while is just conjecture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

on the contrary. That's exactly what he said - it wasn't worth his while, cause it was not far away enough. And I wasn't THAT drunk (I know when to stop, am not a teenager anymore, can handle my drink and myself, and was able to hold a conversation - so no, I wouldn't have thrown up in his cab), but yes, upset enough to get out of the cab, slam his door shut, and walk off in a huff.

Yer man was abut middle-aged, I'd say, and definitely not from Galway.
    Still kicking myself for not taking down the number...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.taxireg.ie/consumer/consumer-rights-and-responsibilities/consumer-rights-and-responsibilities.html

Customer Rights
    As a customer, it is your right to:
    * Not be charged more than the metered fare when travelling by taxi or no more than the agreed fare.
    * Not be charged more than the agreed fare when travelling by hackney or limousine;
    * Be given a printed receipt at the end of a taxi journey, and a written receipt on payment of the fare for a hackney or limousine journey;
    * Not be unreasonably refused service with a 30km radius of the pick up point/point of hire;
    * See driver licence details and fare card clearly displayed;
    * Direct the destination and route taken;
    * Be accompanied by a guide dog/mobility aid at no extra charge;
    * A driver who is courteous and helpful;
    * A driver who is neatly dressed;
    * A driver who knows the major routes and destinations;
    * Be carried in a clean and roadworthy vehicle

Customer Responsibilities
    It is your responsibility as a customer to:
    * For taxis, pay the fare as calculated on the meter, unless a written agreement is in place
    * For hackneys and limousines, agree the fare before the journey begins
    * Pay the correct fare in full, including booking fees;
    * Give proof of ability to pay fare, or give a deposit, if requested by driver;
    * Behave in a civil and orderly way;
    * Not damage or dirty the vehicle;
    * Not consume food or drink in the vehicle;
    * Comply with any reasonable request by the driver to leave or not enter the vehicle;
    * Not request the driver to exceed the number of passengers permitted to be carried in the vehicle.
    Your customer rights and responsibilities are based on Regulations 52 and 54 of S.I. 191 of 1963 and Regulation 35 of S.I. 136 of 1995 .

If you are refused for some reason, take number down and ring the taxi company to complain/take it to the taxi regulator.

No need to walk home Galah, city centre is full of hackney offices that'd be glad for your business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

he was in the wrong, but you could have tried one or two other taxis before walking...you're responsible for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

taxi business has gone awful for them these days,
    theres the same amount of taxis' in galway as there is in boston!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

galah wrote: »
    Edit: Also - how does one get home in these cases? Try every other cab in the queue?Wait forever to get a hackney? Nag hubby out of the pub to bring me home? (and don't get me wrong, he offered, but I thought it would not be necessary...)

You take out your cellphone, and make it very clear that you're taking pictures of his licence and back registration plate. (And if your cellie is an old one that doesn't take pix, then just behave like it does.)

Then you go to the next cab in the rank, and tell him/her "The guy ahead of you refused to take me to XXX because the fare isn't worth it. Do you want the fare?". Would be very surprised if s/he says no - and if so, that's when you mention the magic words "taxi regulator".

If it really is a ridiculously short fare, you way want to offer then an incentive, eg "how about E10 to Forster Court?". But St Marys isn't, IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Tomebagel wrote: »
    taxi business has gone awful for them these days,
    theres the same amount of taxis' in galway as there is in boston!

Irrelevant, why have so many people bought licenses recently?, if they made a bad business decision it does not give them the right to operate like cowboys.

When they buy a license and run a taxi they are providing a service which is regulated, they must operate that service as per the guidlines laid down by the regulator. This guy got lucky that the OP didn't take it any further, as someone else said I would have taken out my phone and taken a picture of his license before leaving the car, then send details and formal complaint to the regulator...I'm inclined to think most taxis drivers would never refuse the fare in OP's situation and one less dodgy taxi on the road leaves more business for the legit ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Thats a real scumbag thing to do. They should also have a duty of care. I take it when you said he was definitely not from Galway that he wasn't from Ireland either. One time I got a driver and my fare came to €9 and I gave him €10. He said he had no change to give me. I said not my problem. He said tough ****. I demanded a receipt then he locked the doors of the car and drove off not letting me out. He went to the nearest shop to get change and then told me to get out there. I refused. He drove me to my house. I demanded a receipt again and said I was reporting him. He got out of the car and leaned back in and punched me in the face. I got out, then queue me, running around the car after him and him running to other side hiding. Another taxi driver arrived just in time, who I actually knew, and stopped all kicking off. I never reported it as the guy I knew asked me not too, but if I ever saw that idiot again.

Another driver tried to rip me off with all sorts of charges, so I paid him and then asked for a receipt to explain his charges. He wouldn't give me one. I refused to leave until he gave me one. Eventually I called back his driver number to him and got out of the car. He got out and followed me to my front door threatening me and shouting abuse. I reported him and the Gardai rand back saying he wanted to ring me in person and apologise. I accepted his apology from the cops and left it at that. I really cant stand them. The amount that overcharge is ridiculously high compared to other businesses.
    I know its kind of off topic but I needed to vent that after reading what the OP had to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

GC -> Taxi forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

fend wrote: »
    Letting a woman walk home at night is a No-No.

Letting anyone walk home at night should be a no no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

darrenh wrote: »
    He got out of the car and leaned back in and punched me in the face. I got out, then queue me, running around the car after him and him running to other side hiding. Another taxi driver arrived just in time, who I actually knew, and stopped all kicking off. I never reported it as the guy I knew asked me not too, but if I ever saw that idiot again.

Absolute Bull****

You didnt report someone supposedly punching you in the face because someone told you not to?

You sound like a right **** to me. He obviously didnt have the 1 euro change as he went to the shop which prob cost him more than the 1 euro to do that. Why didnt you just say grand hold onto it instead of been an awkward ****

Looks like you were been as awkward as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Absolute Bull****

You didnt report someone supposedly punching you in the face because someone told you not to?

You sound like a right **** to me. He obviously didnt have the 1 euro change as he went to the shop which prob cost him more than the 1 euro to do that. Why didnt you just say grand hold onto it instead of been an awkward ****

The price in 9 euro. If he only had a 20 should he have given him the 11 euro?

Why didn't the taxi driver go into the shop and get the change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

The Living Room - St.Mary's Rd. is maybe 1/2 mile if I'm not (and I
    may very well be) mistaken. Maybe yer man was queued up for ages and
    after he picks up his 4quid, he's at the back of the rank again :/

He shoulda done it though.

Hurray for me - I'm off to galway to welcome the students back :)

He could have gotten a 50 note before hand ya wouldnt know. Taxi drivers dont carry loads of change these days in case they get robbed.

In all seriousness though. would any of you bothered to cause all this agro over 1 euro.

I think this is one of them urban taxi myths made up by said poster

The price in 9 euro. If he only had a 20 should he have given him the 11 euro?

Why didn't the taxi driver go into the shop and get the change?

Taxi driver did go in and get change for him. read his post again. Got the change gave him the change and asked him to get out at the shop. He obviously only asked this because this guy was been a right arse about 1 euro

thee glitz wrote: »
    The Living Room - St.Mary's Rd. is maybe 1/2 mile if I'm not (and I
    may very well be) mistaken. Maybe yer man was queued up for ages and
    after he picks up his 4quid, he's at the back of the rank again :/

He shoulda done it though.

Hurray for me - I'm off to galway to welcome the students back :)

yes, but that's beside the point, and it's usually around a tenner for the fare, and I don't care if he's been sitting there all night (it was reasonably early, too - well before the pubs closed - so he had the whole night ahead of him). Apart from that, the way the taxi queueing works in Galway is obviously not my problem.

Still wish I took the license numbers (and should have gotten into the cab second in line), but I was too furious...Anyhoo, I learnt my lesson, will not take taxi home again ever. I shall curtail hubby's pub experiences from now on instead - so he can walk me home. muahaha ;-)

yes, but that's beside the point, and it's usually around a tenner for the fare, and I don't care if he's been sitting there all night (it was reasonably early, too - well before the pubs closed - so he had the whole night ahead of him). Apart from that, the way the taxi queueing works in Galway is obviously not my problem.

Still wish I took the license numbers (and should have gotten into the cab second in line), but I was too furious...Anyhoo, I learnt my lesson, will not take taxi home again ever. I shall curtail hubby's pub experiences from now on instead - so he can walk me home. muahaha ;-)

You should definitely take the number of whoever charges you a 10r.

As for hubby's pub trips
    father-ted-careful-now.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Taxi driver did go in and get change for him. read his post again. Got the change gave him the change and asked him to get out at the shop. He obviously only asked this because this guy was been a right arse about 1 euro

Why should he be forced to get out at the shops? He didn't pay the taxi driver to go to the shops, he paid him to take him home.

And he was entitled to a reciept.

Nobody forced him to get out at the shops? Taxi driver was prob pissed of because of a euro. I have never met anyone to be that awkward over 1 euro sure generally if it comes to 9 euro which it certainly could not have either it was 9.05 and up in 20 cent or below in same amount.

I know I would say ah hold onto it.

Of course he is entitled to a receipt and its his own fault for not getting one.

If it was you or me I think we would both know to get the receipt and apparently if we were punched in the head would you just walk away cause another taxi driver told you to?

Taxi driver took him home he didnt have 1 euro change for what ever reason. All of us have been left short change wether it be a petrol station or anywere else. I have never met anyone to be as tight as this guy lol.

God only knows what else went on in the cab before hand.

Come on this guy was just been a ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If I get a taxi to goto X place, I'll expect to get change is change is due. I don't expect to be brought to Y place, and told to get out. The nearest shop to my area that'd be open at that hour of the night would be twice the distance in the opposite direction. Luckily, every single taxi driver has change in his coin holder/pocket/wallet for me, but some made not be as lucky.

This seems a good place for my little rant.

I was getting the bus eireann from maynooth down home - 6 or 8 quid.
    The (hired-in tbf) bus pulls in, first stop, and I'm the only one there.
    'That'll be 6 or 8 quid lad' so I hand him a 10r. Then 'Do you have any change?' :eek:
    He'd no change at all so I agreed to get it getting off the bus but he wouldn't agree
    and wouldn't let me on. da fecker. I assume the same thing happened to others at
    the next stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Absolute Bull****

Looks like you were been as awkward as possible.

Banned for personal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 s14 silvia

So I got out of the cab again and ended up walking home, pretty pissed off. Now I was fine walking home - but what if something had happened? I was on my own, on high heels, and slightly drunk - walking around the backroads of Galway. I cannot believe that yer man pretty much refused to take me home.

Did he actually refuse to take you or was he just not to happy with a small fare??

Unfortunately I never took down his license number, cause I am very very tempted to complain to anyone in the business who would listen.

Again as im in the buisness dont!! taxi drivers have enough crap to deal with, if you did'nt bother or have the sense to get his plate license or badge number dont whinge to other drivers about it i really am sick of people doing this when they get in my car and been a Dublin driver i hear this everyday of the week and my reply is pritty much as i have said here, it up to you and only you to get the number..
    Its simple folks you really cant no matter how drunk you are miss the numbers on a taxi plate when your beside it!!!!!!!!

My rant over

he refused because it was "not worth his while".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 s14 silvia

Just you said pritty much refused!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Went out with friends last night, to Kelly's (Living Room). Got a little drunky, wanted to go home - while hubby and his mates were still staying out. Hubby obviously wanted me to go home safely, so put me in a taxi.

I told the tax i driver where I wanted to go (St. Mary's Road) - and yer man turned around and said that 'this wasn't worth his while'. WTF?

Sounds to me like ...

You should have made it worth Hubby's while to take you home - if ya know what I mean <wink, wink - nudge, nudge> (giggy-gig).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement

s14 silvia wrote: »
    Just you said pritty much refused!!!

well, I ended up walking, so that constitues that he didn't drive me home. Maybe, with threats and tears, I could have gotten him to drive me home, but at that point, I couldn't be arsed.

As for hubby's while's worth - give the poor lad a break one night a week...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

You we're drunky, you got in a cab, he wouldn't take you, for whatever reason, you got out in a huff and instead of taking another taxi walked home. Why the big deal it was you that stormed off and walked and failed to take the steps required to prevent this happening again.

So IMO you have no reason to give out, maybe next time you shouldn't get so drunky that you can't reason/react rationaly to a given situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

That's ridiculous, OP! I wouldn't have walked home though, you could have just tried a different taxi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

s14 silvia wrote: »
    Again as im in the buisness dont!! taxi drivers have enough crap to deal with, if you did'nt bother or have the sense to get his plate license or badge number dont whinge to other drivers about it i really am sick of people doing this when they get in my car and been a Dublin driver i hear this everyday of the week and my reply is pritty much as i have said here, it up to you and only you to get the number..
    Its simple folks you really cant no matter how drunk you are miss the numbers on a taxi plate when your beside it!!!!!!!!

My rant over

You're a great advocate for the business. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kajo

Before dereg i think it was much more safe to use a taxi... not always easy to get one but safe anyway.
    I agree it was wrong of the driver but i think you were also wrong... we have a system for complaints its not great but it works ... only if you make the complaint.
    Nothing worse than a passenger full of drink and a bad temper... you and he should have known better... my advice stick to rules make them work for you and try be nice to the next good driver who takes you home.

I do hope your hubby was not thinking of driving with drink onboard ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Still seething, need to rant...

This happend to me and my mate in Dublin gettign a taxi from outside the Shelbourne to Cherrywood in Loughlinstown. Taxi driver stopped the car.( yes it was already moving off) and told us no he's not going out that far. Usually a €35 this was about 3am so mabe he only wanted a few short runs or one that went his home direction but we stood out groudn and told him no we were in it already and its his legal right to blah blah blah.. then he jumped out opened the back door and reefed my mate out.. no warning nothing jst pulled him out. I jumped out and and grabebd him off my mate, threw him back into his taxi kicked the door closed and told to look for another job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The same piece of sh!t taxi man will drive to dublin and make a bollocks of traffic for the day because "we don't have any business"... hope this cnut starves to death. :)

As for the OP, you and you alone are responsible for yourself, unless you are a minor. You can't blame anybody else if something happens to you, you made the decision to walk home. There were other options. Remember that.

I fcuking hate when a girl gets sexually assaulted then puts the blame on the barman, bus driver, taxi driver, or other...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

I fcuking hate when a girl gets sexually assaulted then puts the blame on the barman, bus driver, taxi driver, or other...

Ya because it'a always her fault :rolleyes: It's attitudes like yours that prevent some women from reporting that they've been attacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Spook_ie wrote: »
    You we're drunky, you got in a cab, he wouldn't take you, for whatever reason, you got out in a huff and instead of taking another taxi walked home. Why the big deal it was you that stormed off and walked and failed to take the steps required to prevent this happening again.

So IMO you have no reason to give out, maybe next time you shouldn't get so drunky that you can't reason/react rationaly to a given situation.

Read the original post. He said it was not worth his while. Plenty of other posters have pointed this out. So it was not 'for whatever reason', it was for the clear reason that he was not bothered following the rules of his profession.

I still think I have enough reason to give out. And where else but here?

I'm not blaming him if anything had happened to me, but what annoys me is that I TRIED to do the safe thing and take a taxi, and then get refused. I was prepared to spend a tenner, but obviously 10 euros are not good enough for 3 minutes work in this day and age.

And I AM nice to taxi drivers, always leave a tip, and am friendly. Unless they p*ss me off.

I bet ya the country would be up in arms, pitch forks at the ready, if this had happend to a girl who subsequentially got assaulted or worse. They'd be very very quick to blame that taxi driver for neglecting his 'duty' for lack of a better word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭the_cat_is_back

I'm not blaming him if anything had happened to me, but what annoys me is that I TRIED to do the safe thing and take a taxi, and then get refused. I was prepared to spend a tenner, but obviously 10 euros are not good enough for 3 minutes work in this day and age.

And I AM nice to taxi drivers, always leave a tip, and am friendly. Unless they p*ss me off.

I bet ya the country would be up in arms, pitch forks at the ready, if this had happend to a girl who subsequentially got assaulted or worse. They'd be very very quick to blame that taxi driver for neglecting his 'duty' for lack of a better word.

From the sound of things you're 100% in the right here OP. It's happened to me before and to friends of mine and it's very frustrating. The majority of taxi drivers are decent people, but there are a minority who do things like this that give drivers a bad name. Another thing that annoys me is when you're in a taxi and going to, let's say a stadium and the taxi driver won't bring you close to the stadium because traffic is too heavy - the meter is running no??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Try staying sober and next time get his number and follow the procedures, no one's at fault if you can't prove it by complaining through the proper channels...fact of life

I know that. That's why I ranted on the Galway forum, purely to vent my anger (also at myself for not taking down his number), nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Try staying sober and next time get his number and follow the procedures, no one's at fault if you can't prove it by complaining through the proper channels...fact of life

If everyone followed that advice there would be even less business for taxi drivers...fact of life

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

Irish taxi drivers used to be regularly voted the most friendly in the world, London taxi drivers the most informative, and New york the rudest ones.

Things changed, there is no real saftey, or standards, and do people care? no, because they get to put their hand in the air and see 3 taxis fight to give them a lift home.

Things get bad, drivers get rude, but this is the system the irish people want, or they would complain? they want new york style taxi drivers giving them abuse, its the system they have accepted in place of waiting for a professional, safe taxi driver.

If youre drunk, they can refuse you, they can refuse you if they think you will soil their car. If you have a complaint or think its unreasonable, take his number, get out, and put your hand in the air for another taxi, wont take long.

The taxi industry is fallin apart, this is just proof of it, and you cant blame all drivers, you can only blame the system, because there are drivers out there that will rush you to hospital and forget about the fare, who will round it down if you dont have change, and will get you where you need to go, no matter how far or short, with a smile, and a bit of friendly banter if youre up for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement