Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] On the swings

• 20-09-2009 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

swing_s.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I like them.

The processing is nice and natural, I'd maybe even lighten the hue of the sky a bit, but yes, thumbs up Mark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I like them

Me too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

First one is my favourite.

Colours are lovely and vibrant, good focus on the subject, and nice DoF.

I like :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

nice , what cam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Placebo wrote: »
    nice , what cam?

Canon EOS-30D, Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 on front and and this Opteka flashgun on top for lighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

almost a film feel to whatever processing you did which is quite nice.

what do you think of it yourself / what were you trying for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    almost a film feel to whatever processing you did which is quite nice.

what do you think of it yourself / what were you trying for?

A new technique. I'm conscious of the fact that up until recently I've favoured a strongly contrasted and saturated style. I'm deliberately trying to move away from it and closer to a faded and more natural style of photo (ironic, innit?). I'm working exclusively with natural lighting, and in my business I've made that a selling point. Getting a wonderful soft image while photographing in the full light of the Mojave sun isn't trivial.

I've also been toying around with storyboard and montage images - see here for a recent example - and these two images jumped out at me as being perfect for just that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Really like them. The colours are lovely, as already pointed out.

Advertisement