Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borken Speaker, currys obligation.

Options
  • 20-09-2009 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hey all, My ex girlfriend bought me ipod dock and speakers http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/audio-output/i-want-it-iw900-2-1-ipod/1215708/
    for my birthday and she got them in currys and I understand they have a one year warranty.

Last week during a party a friend of mine knocked them and broke the connector on the top and is willing to pay for any repairs or replacement. The ex got them for me in a Currys down the country and I obviously have no recipt just a set of broken speakers what can I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Let your friend pay for a replacement. Curry's, why would they have any obligation?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The warranty won't cover accidental damage, so it's moot.
    You can return them to the manufacturer - it may not be worth the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Let your friend pay for a replacement. Curry's, why would they have any obligation?
    I'm not sure thats why I asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

Karoma wrote: »
    The warranty won't cover accidental damage, so it's moot.
    You can return them to the manufacturer - it may not be worth the cost.

The warranty doesn't cover accidently damage. Your friend broke them. He offered to replace them for you. Why not take him up on his offer?

Advertisement