Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wood Gasification Boiler

• 20-09-2009 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

Do any of you have experience with wood gasification boilers. I have planning in for a 2500 square foot house and plan to put in a gasification boiler but am unsure of the consumption of wood it will have. How many cubic metres of wood will it typically burn through in a year. I appreciate that it will depends if the house is occupied all day or not, if you have experiences please outline consumption as well as how often it is on.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

i was in a very large house recently that had one of these didnt do the build just had a glance , some italian made boiler seemed alright , huge buffer tank and mixing valve . at least 14 large radiators in the house .
    It was a new build owner was complaining that it never got hot enough he claimed he needed to add wood a few times a day the owner was a cranky fella though and would complain about anything , put it this way he claimed it wasnt great but he put the boiler on first thing in the morning and that was it for the day i was there late that evening to put stats on the buffer tank and even after heating was on and people had showered the buffer tank was literally roasting full of boiling hot water , which as far as i know was perfect .

I liked the idea of stacking it once in the morning and being sorted for the day. You would want a plumber that knows the story with these though there is a fair bit of extra work in these systems and cost a fair bit to put in .

Advertisement