Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KWA M4A1 - Which Mags?

Options
  • 20-09-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

lads wat high cap mags work best with kwa m4a1 using 11.1V lipo? ie. no feeding problems. and wheres the cheapest place to get them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

elDiablo79 wrote: »
    lads wat high cap mags work best with kwa m4a1 using 11.1V lipo? ie. no feeding problems. and wheres the cheapest place to get them?

I suppose any of the quick wind high caps would be good, or just get mid-caps, uninterrupted feeding until empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭elDiablo79

sorry i ment which brands of mags because some dont fit and some dont feed very well high caps and mid caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

sorry i ment which brands of mags because some dont fit and some dont feed very well high caps and mid caps.

Ah, I'm afraid I can't help you there, sorry!

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Ah, I'm afraid I can't help you there, sorry!

no worries man thanks anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Mag brand midcaps work perfectly., as for the lipo, its a bad idea to use that. its very likely it'll sheer off the front of the gearbox. a common KWA problem., :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

never nice, they also have a habit of not thread locking the gearbox screws :rolleyes:

DSC_58790001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

Dboys, SRC are fine, Battleaxe electric mag is a tight fit needs filing and patience when loading/unloading in gun.
    As Masada said, the MAG work great as midcaps (I have 8 of 'em).

There is an ASG 9.6v 2000 mAh twin battery available which I use instead of the lipo - gives a vg rate of fire and fits perfectly into the hand-guard,
    the KWA gearbox MAY survive an 11.1v LiPo if used in short bursts, I wouldn't take the chance myself.

ye i was out today just got the lipo to try it for the crack i only ever do short bursts anyway. when the lipo died i was using my 9.6v and have to say 9.6v is well enough for this gun great rof. where is the cheapest place to get mag mid caps? do eirsoft sell them? how much? thanks for info lads;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Eirsoft sell them alright, its €55 for a box of 8. I highly recommend them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Eirsoft sell them alright, its €55 for a box of 8. I highly recommend them as well.

+1
    I'm using a box of em I bought nearly 2 years ago and they are still rocking.

• Advertisement

+1
    I'm using a box of em I bought nearly 2 years ago and they are still rocking.

on a kwa m4 or just other m4s? was planning to start using mid caps soon anyway dont like the spray and prey approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

on a kwa m4 or just other m4s? was planning to start using mid caps soon anyway dont like the spray and prey approach.

Your best bet is to use the mid caps on a 9.6. There really is no need for the rof an 11.1 gives you or the hassle of the gearbox shattering to pieces. :p

I use a 7.4 in a G&G and it is perfect like gives the all the advantages of a lipo ie quick charges, hold the charge longer, smaller sizes etc without destroying any gears and will fork out the same rof as a 9.6 :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

If ya do insist on running a lipo on it, install one of these silent piston heads and cylinder heads.,:)
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/systema-silent-head-set-for-gearbox-ver-2.html
    file_44_58.jpg

It'll reduce the strain on the front of the gearbox shell and it wont be as likely to break off. theres a rubber face on both parts so it kinda softens the blow as opposed to the hard slapping of the KWA metal piston head. :)

Advertisement