Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jamarcus Russel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Off topic here, but just wondering how Tyvon Branch is doing with the Raiders? I remember during the draft in 08 I was hoping New England would get him but the Raiders took him.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Off topic here, but just wondering how Tyvon Branch is doing with the Raiders? I remember during the draft in 08 I was hoping New England would get him but the Raiders took him.

here is his profile from nfl.com, he's been starting this year and has 25 tackles (21 solos) with no INTs

Havent really noticed him this year, either for positive or negative play tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Shocking perfomance last night by Jamarcus "Ryan Leaf" Russel as mentioned above. This week the run game and the defense didnt mask his lack of ability as it did last week. WE NEED A COMPETENT QB!! Doesnt have to be a Tom Brady or Drew Brees, a game manager like Kerry Collins would be fine!

Strictly in my opinion here.

Err. I don't think it's fair to compare Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell.

Leaf was a colossal disaster. He had all the tools to be a brilliant quarterback. He was even said to be better coming out of college than Peyton Manning. Alas we know how it all ended.

I mean, reading about all the incidents that occured over his career - off the field, it's jaw-dropping. He had at least five severe off the field issues including lashing out at reporters and fans, getting into a screaming match with San Diego's owner, lying about a wrist injury and lying about a shoulder + wrist injury. Chargers even filed an grievance claim versus Leaf for the last injury (He was supposed to be rehabilitating but was seen playing flag football)

That's one reason why they're not even comparable. Russell's major blemish was holding out for that contract at the beginning of the season, which was a stupid move for a rookie (personal opinion), other than that, I really can't think or see anything on the internet that shows such childishness and immaturity that Leaf displayed, however I'm open to any new information.

Leaf was horrible on the field (anyone could go on about this all night), Russell's been poor too, no doubt but it can depends on people's opinion, is he himself poor? Is it his receivers? his Line? ownership? but at the moment Russell has a better QB rating than Leaf has overall in his career.

Russell isn't great at all.

Is he a bust? Perhaps.

Is he a massive failure that Leaf is, is he even comparable to Leaf? No, not now, lets give Russell another while before we make such a move. :)

Strictly in my opinion here.

Err. I don't think it's fair to compare Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell.

Leaf was a colossal disaster. He had all the tools to be a brilliant quarterback. He was even said to be better coming out of college than Peyton Manning. Alas we know how it all ended.

I mean, reading about all the incidents that occured over his career - off the field, it's jaw-dropping. He had at least five severe off the field issues including lashing out at reporters and fans, getting into a screaming match with San Diego's owner, lying about a wrist injury and lying about a shoulder + wrist injury. Chargers even filed an grievance claim versus Leaf for the last injury (He was supposed to be rehabilitating but was seen playing flag football)

That's one reason why they're not even comparable. Russell's major blemish was holding out for that contract at the beginning of the season, which was a stupid move for a rookie (personal opinion), other than that, I really can't think or see anything on the internet that shows such childishness and immaturity that Leaf displayed, however I'm open to any new information.

Leaf was horrible on the field (anyone could go on about this all night), Russell's been poor too, no doubt but it can depends on people's opinion, is he himself poor? Is it his receivers? his Line? ownership? but at the moment Russell has a better QB rating than Leaf has overall in his career.

Russell isn't great at all.

Is he a bust? Perhaps.

Is he a massive failure that Leaf is, is he even comparable to Leaf? No, not now, lets give Russell another while before we make such a move. :)
    lol. I know the Leaf comparisons might be a bit harsh, but at the point that I posted that, I think I was either watching him screw up as usual, or had just finished watching us getting hammered due to his lack of ability. SO you will have to excuse my anger!

lol. I know the Leaf comparisons might be a bit harsh, but at the point that I posted that, I think I was either watching him screw up as usual, or had just finished watching us getting hammered due to his lack of ability. SO you will have to excuse my anger!

I see. Just be careful what you write or you'll get people like me having a look through the internet to counter an argument! Still, reading about Leaf has been most entertaining.

Your anger's excused! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Doing pretty well so far but I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes expendable. With Mike Mitchell being the expected future SS, with Huff at FS and with Al having a huge hard on for when Taylor Mays runs his 40 time next April he might find himself down the pecking order a bit. I'd be happy to keep as our starter though.

Edit - NFL networks Number 1 worst draft pick of all time extract.

Can't see the video (or any videos lately) for some odd reason.

Care to explain the contents? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Can't see the video (or any videos lately) for some odd reason.

Care to explain the contents? :)

Just google or put into you tube Ryan Leaf Douchebag and you will get the Video. Kid had issues. Funny thing is had he not being so immature like a little child he might have done something productive in the NFL. Build a bridge get over your woeful performance against the Chiefs take responsibility and hit the playbooks. But nope he blows up in a colossal fashion which spelt game over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Ok lets compare him to Smith instead :p both suck badly !!!

Just google or put into you tube Ryan Leaf Douchebag and you will get the Video. Kid had issues. Funny thing is had he not being so immature like a little child he might have done something productive in the NFL. Build a bridge get over your woeful performance against the Chiefs take responsibility and hit the playbooks. But nope he blows up in a colossal fashion which spelt game over.

Yet he still walked away with oodles of gauranteed money, enough that he will never have to work another day in his life again.

Bring in a god damn rookie wage cap now !!!

D3PO wrote: »
    Yet he still walked away with oodles of gauranteed money, enough that he will never have to work another day in his life again.

Bring in a god damn rookie wage cap no
    w !!!
    definetly!

Leaf ended up with something like $30+ million in guaranteed money FFS!

ANd then you have some pros who have proven themselves in the NFL getting paid the veteran minumum of $750/$850k (not sure which is the correct figure)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He had the arm and the technical skills. It just shows (as if we needed another demonstration) how the NFL is all about hard work above and beyond everything else. Manning and Brady are exceptionally gifted no doubt - but they work their asses off every week of every year to maintain their level of dominance.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He had the arm and the technical skills. It just shows (as if we needed another demonstration) how the NFL is all about hard work above and beyond everything else. Manning and Brady are exceptionally gifted no doubt - but they work their asses off every week of every year to maintain their level of dominance.

Exactly Leaf had everything he needed to be an NFL QB. He just lacked dedication and the right attitude. The fact he harped on abou going on a bender to Vegas during the draft and then actually went on a bender and turned up to his press conference drunk shold have been a red flag. Dude was a muppett and got what he deserved to be quite honest. Had he knuckled down like Manning did we would still be talking about Ryan Leaf in a positive way.

Bring in a god damn rookie wage cap now !!!

He is currently awaiting trial on drug charges and burgulary. Wouldnt surprise me if he blew all his money on drugs.

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2009-06-18/news/ryan-leaf-released-from-jail-on-bail

• Advertisement

once a waster always a waster.

I just dont undeerstand how all these wealthy sportstars / ex sportstars from the NFL go off the rails.

Simpson, Vick, Burress, Leaf, Stallworth etc etc.

Its just beyond comprehension.

definetly!

Leaf ended up with something like $30+ million in guaranteed money FFS!

ANd then you have some pros who have proven themselves in the NFL getting paid the veteran minumum of $750/$850k (not sure which is the correct figure)

If you read up on him alot of his money was endorsement deals in his first year. But yeah the Chargers were stupid enought to keep him on. And lets not forget he still 3 of the 4 seasons he was in the NFL so he is bound to have alot of money becuase the Chargers kept paying him. Then the Cowboys decided to give him a contract. So yeah if he hasnt spent it all on drugs at this point he will have his NFL wage and then his West TExas A&M wages.
    once a waster always a waster.

I just dont undeerstand how all these wealthy sportstars / ex sportstars from the NFL go off the rails.

Simpson, Vick, Burress, Leaf, Stallworth etc etc.

Its just beyond comprehension

Some people just dont know how to use money. They have so much time on their hands and waste it away and do stupid things. Drink problems, Drug Problems, Gambling Problems etc etc I guess stupidity grows at the highest and lowest levels of life.

Some people just dont know how to use money. They have so much time on their hands and waste it away and do stupid things. Drink problems, Drug Problems, Gambling Problems etc etc I guess stupidity grows at the highest and lowest levels of life.

Isnt that what the rookie symposium is supposed to be about (dont know if thats its proper name) About how to handle the money fame etc.

Clearly this isnt working.

Look at Golf, Formula 1, soccer infact take your pick you dont see the same problems that you do with footballers.

Theres a very clear cultural issue that needs addressing. This is an NFL problem and not a sports problem in general.

Isnt that what the rookie symposium is supposed to be about (dont know if thats its proper name) About how to handle the money fame etc.

You'll always have rookies who havent seen that kind of money in their lives and get carried away. Theres only so much a group of suits can say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

I'd be happy to keep as our starter though.

Ye he is doing well but i would much prefere to see Mike Mitchell in there as the starter. Look at him last week, he comes in a forces the fumble only for McFumble to give it right back. Mitchell is a beast.

• Advertisement

Look at Golf, Formula 1, soccer infact take your pick you dont see the same problems that you do with footballers.

Theres a very clear cultural issue that needs addressing. This is an NFL problem and not a sports problem in general.

I agree but I think you will find the cultars dictate the levels of problems you see. Soccer for one alot of the problems dont hit the media or are not published by the media because they dont see players going off the rails as a big thing which is weird for the English media. Mark Kennedy was prime example of this and im sure there are many more like him who have drink problems, gambling problems etc etc and this doesnt have to be top flight football because ever a L1 player earns more than the regular Joe would earn.

I think what helps the like of soccer and other sports is the fact they turn professional at the age of 18 and not early 20s when they leave college. And young soccer players are developed through youth systems with the money culture around them and are properly introduced to money and fame.

A college football player isnt as they are not allowed to earn anything and this builds to an expectancy of whats to come when they know they will make the draft and get picked. All colleges can do is advise them about the dangers now and hope the player learns from it. But soccer players are generally nurtered by a professional team. The younger the culture is introduced the better the individual will be at dealing with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Golf and formula 1 are very different. In golf a rookie gets no where near the attention a nfl player would or put up on a such a high pedestal. Not to mention most golf players peak at 30+ so when they start winning/become famous they're far more mature then someone in their early 20's. Also the nature of a single team sport is far far different to what comes with being on a team having success/fame. Most professional golfers spend there teenage years on their own on a golf course where's if you play for a team you go out and celebrate/drown sorrows with them so you're far more used to a group mentality and probably not being around a big group isn't natural for most players. Not to mention the social backgrounds of the most nfl players compared to most golfers is hugely different. Most golfers would come from middle/upper class families where as nfl players are generally from the ghetto who've struck gold. It's a cultural issues in that USA is very different to Europe.
    I'd be happy to keep as our starter though.

Ye he is doing well but i would much prefere to see Mike Mitchell in there as the starter. Look at him last week, he comes in a forces the fumble only for McFumble to give it right back. Mitchell is a beast.

MM would get smoked in coverage though, that's why he hasn't seen much game time as he was struggling in TC and pre-season.

A college football player isnt as they are not allowed to earn anything .

cough reggie bush cough ;) but i get your point :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Just after reading on wikipedia that Leaf skipped the symposium and was subsequently fined.

f1dan wrote: »
    Just after reading on wikipedia that Leaf skipped the symposium and was subsequently fined.
    great start then!

Russel's work ethic hasnt exactly been the best up to this year, and also missing his rookie training camp cant have been the most formative start for his career

Russel's work ethic hasnt exactly been the best up to this year

thats being nice about it. he is supposed to be the franchise qb he should be the first one in in the morning and last to leave at night. The guy is only there to collect his extortionate pay check and then go blow it at the local burger joint!

He shows up to camp overweight (some sources put him at 300+ pounds) and then shows no commitment to the cause whatsoever.

Just got this from ESPN:
    In the season opener against San Diego, he threw for 208 yards. In Week 2 at Kansas City, he tossed 109 yards and then he bottomed out at 61 yards against Denver as Oakland fell to 1-2. Russell’s passer rating is 39.8 -- the worst in the NFL.

But Russell's numbers aren’t just bad. They’re historically bad. According to ESPN’s Stats & Information, Russell’s passer rating is the second lowest by a quarterback who played in his team’s first 3 games of a season this decade (minimum 60 attempts). The only quarterback in the past 10 years who had a lower rating through three games with at least 60 attempts was Ryan Leaf in 2000.

(Ouch. Ryan Leaf. Russell is entering the Leaf zone. The Leaf comparison is certainly not what Oakland was aiming for when this year began.)

The numbers only get worse. Russell has completed just 41.3 percent to his passes. He had a total of 35 incompletions in the first two games of the season.

ESPN’s Stats & Information reports that completion percentage through three games is the fourth lowest by a quarterback who played in his team’s first three games of a season in the last 25 seasons (minimum 60 attempts). The only quarterbacks with at least 60 attempts who had lower completion percentages through three games over that span are John Fourcade in 1990, Akili Smith in 2000, and David Carr in 2002.

Leaf. Smith. Carr.

Get the picture? Russell is matching numbers with some of the great quarterback busts of our time. It may be premature to categorize Russell as an official bust. However, he may be wise to shop for property in Bustville. His time is running out.

He was regarded to be better than Manning, which in retrospect is a pretty huge thing. He had the height and size: he was considered stronger than Manning but Manning was more of an 'all-rounder'. I think injuries really hampered Leaf as well as his off the field sh*te.

Not totally sure. of this he gained 'following the draft, the Chargers signed Leaf to a four-year contract worth 31.25 million, including a guaranteed $11.25 million signing bonus'; his list of jobs don't really stand out for the money he's made, one or two coaching ones and he's been involved in a burglary and substance charges among others.
    f1dan wrote: »

Beginning of a long, long road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Free agent Jeff Garcia felt the need to get away from the Oakland Raiders.

After a short stint with the Philadelphia Eagles, it's more than apparent why.

Garcia
    "I have no problem going into a situation and helping a young guy out and really trying to help the team out overall more so than anything," Garcia said Friday during an appearance on Fox Sports Radio, referring to Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell. "I just feel like it's an unfortunate situation when the entire work ethic and the entire goal of the team is really put upon one guy's shoulder."

Garcia, 39, who was cut last month by the Eagles only weeks after his release from the Raiders, with whom he signed in April, said despite Russell's talent, he "really isn't maybe ready for that situation or ready to take on that sort of responsibility."

"When you put him on the field in a one-on-one workout session he'll make every throw for you," Garcia said during the radio show. "But when it comes down to making things happen in the heat of the battle and rallying the troops around you and making a case for the team, that's where maybe things aren't where they need to be."

With Russell slumping -- he has an NFL-worst 39.8 pass rating -- Garcia could've been an option for the Raiders to re-sign.

But his comments seemed to indicate he wasn't interested in that scenario -- in which case the Raiders likely would have to turn to Bruce Gradkowski, who sits at No. 2 on the Raiders' depth chart with Charlie Frye the third-stringer.

But Garcia said the scope of the Raiders' problems spans beyond the quarterback position.

"It was to a point where I felt like guys who walked through those doors that just were there to collect a check and not really interested in putting everything that they had within themselves on to the football field," he said. "And that was the frustrating thing for me to see.

"There were a lot of good young guys in that locker room who really want to do whatever it takes to win, but unfortunately it's not everybody," Garcia added. "In order to compete at this level in this game, everybody needs to be on board."

"Maybe it's because how things have been for a number of years now out there and they just don't see the hope," he said.

Garcia, who has started 116 games in 10 seasons, signed a one-year deal with the Raiders in April and said then that the idea of backing up anyone didn't sit well.

"There was some talk about how he would fit but the best way for me to approach it is the other two played so well and we are committed to JaMarcus as our starter," Raiders coach Tom Cable said shortly after Garcia's release. "Whether or not [Garcia] was comfortable in a role as a backup, it is what it is."

Garcia said Friday that he attempted to infuse a different outlook and a "fresh new start" into his Raiders teammates.

"To see the reality of the situation and realize what I may be up against staying here for the entire year, it hurt me, it broke my heart to do that to step up," Garcia said. "But I just felt like it was something I really didn't want to put myself through anymore.

espn.com

• Advertisement

themont85 wrote: »
    espn.com

He sums up the Raiders really and their bad management. Everyone can see it. Guys who are there just for the paycheck. Raiders pay ridiculous wages to clowns who shouldnt get it and every player bar a few see it that way hence why they sellout and go there. The day Al Davis leaves is the day someone puts out the thrash and brings in guys who want to win not has beens or over paid guys.

I bet there are very few Raiders players who care about losing games.

The day Al Davis leaves is the day someone puts out the thrash and brings in guys who want to win not has beens or over paid guys.

It's amazing how much of an effect that one person (I know he's the owner) has on one team. It's frightning to think that once he goes, that a lot of people will breath a sigh of relief, but for now, they're just waiting. Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It's amazing how much of an effect that one person (I know he's the owner) has on one team. It's frightning to think that once he goes, that a lot of people will breath a sigh of relief, but for now, they're just waiting. Odd.

For someone relatively new to the game, when did Al Davis become such a bad owner? He has 3 rings, and was in the Super Bowl 6 years ago (when the Raiders were consistently AFC West Champs). What the hell happened them?

Jeff Garcia can go **** himself he is such a hypocrite. Garcia never wanted to be part of the Raiders organisation he should count himself in the group of players only there collecting his pay check.

He arrive willing to help out the young guy but then all of a sudden had a "calf injury" the very same type of injury he had last season when rumours were swirling in tampa bay about brett favre. But when favre went to new york he was back on the field no complaints.

When Garcia was unable to practice, he could still have worked with the quarterbacks during sessions where quarterbacks coach Paul Hackett went over the finer points of the position. But he was never there, he never showed up to these session where he really could have helped russell focus and learn.

He went to and from the practice field with a sulk on his face like a brat and then he didnt show up after the dallas pre season game because of "personal issues" my ass.

Lets not forget he ASKED for his release, if he had stuck around he would be in with a great shot of being a starter in the NFL once again but because he was impatient and expected us to dump our #1 QB to the bench for his wrinkly old ass he is now without any gig in the NFL and is more than likely done (unless clevland bring him in, i dont see him getting a job anywhere else).

Jeff Garcia - Hypocrite & Arsehole.

davyjose wrote: »
    For someone relatively new to the game, when did Al Davis become such a bad owner? He has 3 rings, and was in the Super Bowl 6 years ago (when the Raiders were consistently AFC West Champs). What the hell happened them?

He is gets worse by the year and no one can explain it. Its mad how a guy can go from a sane decent owner to a nutjob.

And headhunter no offense but that is the typical Raiders fan repsonse to Garcia's Piece. Do you honestly live in the clowds yourself? It is quite clear Davis has been making bad decisions over the last few years and bringing in guys only in it for the money. There is more harmony on a prison team than the Raiders right now. Even when they are up in a game you can see the lack of harmony. Take the chargers game this year. They should have won it. They played decent and had the chargers panicking. But they gave it up like a 2 bit whore.

And to add if Bob Kraft went from awesome to **** in a few years and became another al davis Pats fans would be defending him also. But when an owner medals too much how do expect a franchise to perform.

Not totally sure. of this he gained 'following the draft, the Chargers signed Leaf to a four-year contract worth 31.25 million, including a guaranteed $11.25 million signing bonus'; his list of jobs don't really stand out for the money he's made, one or two coaching ones and he's been involved in a burglary and substance charges among others.

and 11.25 million isnt enough to live on for the rest of your life ?

Russell continues his brilliant play for the year - his completion pct for the season is under 40%. Today 12/33 for sub 150 yrds and no tds. Awful. I really cant put into words how much I am disliking this guy. I bought a russel jersey after he was drafted. Do I wear it now? Do I hell!

Russell continues his brilliant play for the year - his completion pct for the season is under 40%. Today 12/33 for sub 150 yrds and no tds. Awful. I really cant put into words how much I am disliking this guy. I bought a russel jersey after he was drafted. Do I wear it now? Do I hell!

As much as im not a big fan of both the Raiders or Russell but you cant blame the game on him today as bad as he has been to date.

Key notes:

No running game
    -Bush 6yd rec then coughs it up
    -Russell sacked and fumble
    -Higgins kick ret and coughs it up
    -Bush tackled in the endzone by cushing for a safety

The weird thing is the only one with any performance was Russell and he played sh1t. At least he didnt throw a pick :D

The Raiders Offensively were Sh1t yet again and it was collective effort of sh1tness and not just 1 man. Once again the O kept the D on the field too long.

As much as im not a big fan of both the Raiders or Russell but you cant blame the game on him today as bad as he has been to date.

Key notes:

No running game
    -Bush 6yd rec then coughs it up
    -Russell sacked and fumble
    -Higgins kick ret and coughs it up
    -Bush tackled in the endzone by cushing for a safety

The weird thing is the only one with any performance was Russell and he played sh1t. At least he didnt throw a pick :D

The Raiders Offensively were Sh1t yet again and it was collective effort of sh1tness and not just 1 man. Once again the O kept the D on the field too long.
    He has never played anywhere near the level needed of a number one overall pick, today was no different. Sure, the rest of the offense were awful too. No running game(as i mentioned on the other thread) doesnt help a young QB but this is his third season, the mark where you know if its boom or bust. He's going further and further to bust (lol) with every game he plays.

• Advertisement

and 11.25 million isnt enough to live on for the rest of your life ?

It is for many but not for Ryan Leaf I reckon. If he had 11 million bucks for the rest of his life, would he be working those jobs and involved in crime? I think it was blown or mis-managed.

I was expecting the Raiders to get very close yesterday if not beat the Texans. Houston have given up huge yardage to the run every week so far and the Raiders are not short of talent in that department. This loss has to go down to the coaches and the OL. I didn't see the game and don't know how many attempts they made to run the ball but you'd expect that a team would run it all day against Houston.

Just think about it, the worst run defense in the league gave up 45 yards to a team that has Darren McFadden, Justin Fargas and Michael Bush. I'm sorry but thats not good enough and the coaches have to take the blame more than anybody. Jamarcus Russel should have spent yesterday handing the ball off to a successful rushing offense.

A lot of the failure on the ground yesterday can be tied to russell's struggles. All the texans D had to do was stack the box and make russell beat them through the air, which he was never and will never be able to do! Opponents know that the we now have to rely on the run because OffTheMarcus couldnt hit the wideside of a barn door. (although has to be said there were a few unacceptable drops from receivers yesterday).

Russell situation is worse than described

Posted by Mike Florio on October 6, 2009 12:51 PM ET

Boomer Esiason of CBS recently lifted the lid on the problems with Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell. Esiason said on Sunday's The NFL Today that Russell has been "fined heavily" for showing up late for multiple meetings, being overweight, and missing one meeting.

A league source tells us that it's even worse.

Per the source, Russell has missed multiple meetings, and that he has missed multiple other activities. His behavior has been described to us as a "pattern not an aberration."

It's a horrible development regarding Russell's, well, development. And it's surely not what coach Tom Cable had in mind when he said this in March: "If he can
    accept the responsibility of being an NFL quarterback, I think that's working more, working harder, working longer than everybody else, accepting the responsibility that his teammates look to him as the face of the organization, that he has to go above and beyond almost on a daily basis, I think that comes with that position, whether that's right or wrong, that's what it is. . . . If he can accept that and become that, he'll be fine. . . . I think thus far in the offseason he's been around more than ever. He was never around like this on his own, just watching tape, studying, so that's a step in the right direction. I think he has to embrace that, though, for him to be what he should be."

Clearly, Russell hasn't embraced the realities of his job. And so the question will be whether the Raiders are going to stay the course with Russell, or whether they're going to fix this mess before it gets even worse.

christ almighty he has got to go.

quote from: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/06/russell-situation-is-worse-than-described/

its worse Jamarcus is getting.

CUT - HIM - PLEASE!!

its worse Jamarcus is getting.

CUT - HIM - PLEASE!!

Just a query, wouldn't the Raiders have to pay out the remains of his rookie contract or is there a deal out? (Which was fairly big iirc)

• Advertisement

Just a query, wouldn't the Raiders have to pay out the remains of his rookie contract or is there a deal out? (Which was fairly big iirc)
    The would have to pay him whatever is left of the guaranteed money afaik.

Just on Russel again. If all these things about him being consistently late for practice and all the other stuff are true then the guy is not doing himself any favours. I'd still hang on to him until the end of the year.

As things stand you are going to end up with a very high pick in the draft and possibly have all of Tebow, Bradford, McCoy, Snead, Clausen and Locker available.

Probably the richest draft class of QBs in a long, long time.

its all the guaranteed money , and this would all count against the cap in the year after he was cut. I dont think the raiders are close to the cap yhough I could be wrong

I reckon Raiders should hod on to him for the season at least unless any backups or free agents come in, already know the system and can contribute to the organisation. Which sounds easier said than done imo. You also wouldn't have to pay him as much as he'll have one more season under his belt. Russell might scrape out a couple of wins yet. :pac:

Probably the richest draft class of QBs in a long, long time.

This QB draft class coming isnt even close to that of Eli, Rivers and Big Ben from 6 years ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement