Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 Grades

• 20-09-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

stealing this from azza's post in here

What grade is everyone? would be good to see how people are progressing

SG
    SG 70,000 Grade Points

G1
    G1-A 50,000 - 69,999 Grade Points
    G1-B 40,000 - 49,999 Grade Points
    G1-C 30,000 - 39,999 Grade Points
    G1-D 20,000 - 29,999 Grade Points
    G1-E 15,000 - 19,999 Grade Points

G2
    G2-A 10,000 - 14,999 Grade Points
    G2-B 7,000 - 9,999 Grade Points
    G2-C 5,000 - 6,999 Grade Points
    G2-D 3,000 - 4999 Grade Points
    G2-E 2,000 - 2,999 Grade Points

G3
    G3-A 1,000 - 1,999 Grade Points
    G3-B 300 - 999 Grade Points
    G3-C 100 - 299 Grade Points
    G3-D 50 - 99 Grade Points
    G3-E 0 - 49 Grade Points

I am G2-D 3,000 - 4999 Grade Points :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

G2-E

I've switched to Fuerte too. He's a lot of fun and has a good mixup game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

I'm G1, 15100 and something. I only found out there was a higher level than G1 the other day. Annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

45000 on 360 and 20000 on ps3 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I've got around 11,000GP (G2A) on Playstation.

I've got around 36,000GP (G1C) on XBox.

I'd have a lot more but I only play for about 2-4 hrs on championship mode a week, on both systems......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

G1 on xbox. Bout 22k.

G2 on PC. Bout 5k.

Skill level on 360 seems higher tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

moved up to g2-e just before I got the stick. Stuck on g2-e since I'm still getting used to the stick. G2-a a week or two after I fit some seimitsu parts I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

G2 - C

about 6 000 points.

When this first came out i was in the top 50 of the world.
    Its kinda pointless.

Its a measure of time put in rather than skill.

When i got into g2 here was only a few in g1, so g2 still had plenty of talent, now its pure scrubs so i dont bother.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

G2-E about 2,500. My lack of braodband keeps me from playing too much, not to mention the incoming 7 weeks of teaching practice. Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Ima G1-E.... around 17k i think? Prob a bit less

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

G1 E , i used to be a real GP whore, i made it to G1 in about a month, and was at one point, ranked 65th in the GP leaderboards

i haven't played CE mode in months now though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Icarian wrote: »
    i haven't played CE mode in months now though

Yeah I'm on G2-D on the PC (probably still in G3 on the PS3, never really played CE). But I'm finding I like Player matches more now. I don't really learn anything in Championship mode, as you can't get to play the person again.

I'll play it from time to time, but I find player matches are better for training, if you can get the person to stay in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'm G2-B on 8.5k i think? I don't play SF4 at home anymore, got boring. I only play on a sat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

G2 two nearing the 6k mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

G1, about 15k mark. Main reason for aiming for g1 was to have better match ups so as to improve my own play. Good standard so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Yeah I'm on G2-D on the PC (probably still in G3 on the PS3, never really played CE). But I'm finding I like Player matches more now. I don't really learn anything in Championship mode, as you can't get to play the person again.

I'll play it from time to time, but I find player matches are better for training, if you can get the person to stay in the game.

exactly, i stopped playing CE because you only get 2 rounds, which isn't enough to learn how to how to counter strategies or learning anything, for me at least.

player matches are much better for improving, the only problem is finding someone who won't quit if they get beaten a couple of times, or if you pick a character they don't like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

99% of the people in player matches are horrible though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

In a tourney, you only get a couple of rounds to figure an opponent out.....and everyone plays a little differently. I find CE is a good practice for this. Plus, the quality of play is higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I think I've around 2500 in G2 and that was gained in one afternoon.I have no motivation to play online at the moment,and my Bisons in better shape than ever;)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

bush wrote: »
    99% of the people in player matches are horrible though.

Really? I find most players in player matches are WAY better than the ones in Championship mode. In a long set they can't rely on some gimmick that will just get them through two rounds. And they know their ****, at least in my experience. I rarely get an easy match. Could be just me though :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I am G2-C now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I am G2-B now

slowness

Im still a G1-E about 18-17k? I don't play on-line that much any more... Just lagg... Pisses me right off

Just lagg... Pisses me right off

Yeah lag was also a big motivator to stop me playing ranked and Champ matches. In a player match if it lags I don't have a problem throwing the match, then finding another player match, but when I'm in the final of championship mode and it starts lagging I try to make the best of it and still play to win but it just irritates me to no end.

There should be some in game way of detecting persistent lag and cancelling the match.

Whats beyond me is, why do they only show 3 games you could "Possibly" connect to in the lobby.. they left a giant part of the lobby screen with just the background image.. that just grinds my gears!...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hahaha... my win percentage has gone to UNDER 20% now...

Whats beyond me is, why do they only show 3 games you could "Possibly" connect to in the lobby.. they left a giant part of the lobby screen with just the background image.. that just grinds my gears!...

I really, and I mean really think they purposefully messed up the net code with SFIV so that when they release a normal looking browser and lobby system in SSFIV we will think they've reinvented the wheel.

For instance, even when you are in the lobby there is enough empty space there to have a simple chat box. I mean LBP managed to have an intuitive in game facility to msg other players with text bubbles, but SFIV couldn't put a feature in that's been around since Starcraft.

Advertisement