Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal bodies

Options
  • 20-09-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Hi i have an M15A4 SLV and i want to upgraded to a metal body to reduce barrel wobble I'm wondering is it hard to remove the stock,barrel,hand grip,motor and gearbox and reassemble it.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

.22 Lover wrote: »
    Hi i have an M15A4 SLV and i want to upgraded to a metal body to reduce barrel wobble I'm wondering is it hard to remove the stock,barrel,hand grip,motor and gearbox and reassemble it.thanks

No it's a simple enough job, btw you can fix up that barrel wobble by tightening up the delta ring and the little grub screw on the barrel:)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Blay wrote: »
    No it's a simple enough job, btw you can fix up that barrel wobble by tightening up the delta ring and the little grub screw on the barrel:)
    Ive done that till the alaln key tip is almost shred off and still at least half an inch of wobble either side of coarse i also want to get an SPR free floating all steel rail and one piece outer barrel so i think that should do it.Also the current barrel is the front end is full with on the front end and is half with on the back half.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Pick up a dboys receiver from the likes of ebaybanned for a bout 30 notes. you get a choice of colour, trades etc etc and they are nicely finished., :)

I was thinking more on the lines of eHobby Asia but they sell the same stuff.

Masada wrote: »
    Pick up a dboys receiver from the likes of ebaybanned for a bout 30 notes. you get a choice of colour, trades etc etc and they are nicely finished., :)
    I bought a Dboys metal body from ebaybanned how long does it take them to ship?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

I bought a Dboys metal body from ebaybanned how long does it take them to ship?

Usually about 3 weeks
    the thing is that ebaybanned have this weird habbit of wrapping there metal bodys half in tinfoil, which ends up getting stopped by customs, ive had 2 of them stopped so far. to get it off customs costs about 20 quid on top of what you payed in total.

Ive already ordered a load of stuff from ehobby so I'm probably gonna get charged for both ehobby and ebaybanned parts by customs.

Ive already ordered a load of stuff from ehobby so I'm probably gonna get charged for both ehobby and ebaybanned parts by customs.

i doubt your order from ehobbyasia is going to get stopped they rarely do unless its aegs or gbbs, if you ordered it with Express shipping (UPS) they usually charge extra on the doorstep.

Its just the metal bodys sent by ebaybanned that seemed to be stopped and charged by customs, but thats not to say they dont stop anything else, people have had some pretty random stuff stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Masada wrote: »

Would those Dboys recievers work for a CA Sportline?

mcshape wrote: »
    Would those Dboys recievers work for a CA Sportline?

they do:)
    But if its a plastic body gun and everything is being transfered over into the new metal body, the barrel and delta ring will need to be replaced as they arent compatible with metal bodys. the barrel and delta ring attach differently to the plastic body than they do to the metal body

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Thanks P.K.

P.K wrote: »
    But if its a plastic body gun and everything is being transfered over into the new metal body, the barrel and delta ring will need to be replaced as they arent compatible with metal bodys. the barrel and delta ring attach differently to the plastic body than they do to the metal body

Does the SPR front end kit by dboys need a delta ring.Its all being replaced except for the motor,stock,gearbox and battery.

Does the SPR front end kit by dboys need a delta ring.Its all being replaced except for the motor,stock,gearbox and battery.
    Dboy%20M16%20forend%20conversion%20kit.jpg

if thats the front end your refereing to, it does and depending on where you ordered it from it should have one with it. Tbh i dont really know the details of the front end itself. Masada would know might be a bit of time before hes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Most SPR front ends have the delta ring built into them as far as I know.
    RSOV have fairly cheap delta rings anyway!

Its the other version P.K .

have you got a link to the one ordered?
    be easier to identify that way:)

The sportsline barrrel and delta ring will fit on one of those receivers, I've one myself made from sportsline parts, but P.K's right about the delta ring, it takes some work to get it to go on properly, it'll go a few turns and the rest of the way needs brute force to go on:) New one is probably the way to go:)

Ive ordered a dboy metal body to counter that problem.

Ive ordered a dboy metal body to counter that problem.

The metal body is the reason for the problem:P CA's threads on their plastic bodied sportslines are different to the standard threading used on metal bodies so the delta ring won't fit perfectly on the new body and will take force to get on, but if you're willing to force it on, it'll do:)

The delta ring thing won't really affect you anyway as that front end doesn't require a delta ring, it just screws directly to the metal body:)

• Advertisement

One more thing what I also ordered a 510mm inner barrel not knowing the outer barrel length.

One more thing what I also ordered a 510mm inner barrel not knowing the outer barrel length.

I think 510mm is the standard inner barrel lenght for an M16 so you should be ok with it:)

Blay wrote: »
    I think 510mm is the standard inner barrel lenght for an M16 so you should be ok with it:)
    But the SPR has a full body length of 867mm the M16 is 999mm and they both use the same stocks and receivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭babyjames

You might also need to change the hop up to a metal one

But the SPR has a full body length of 867mm the M16 is 999mm and they both use the same stocks and receivers.

Already got a Dboys one on its way.

Advertisement