Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tyre shop

• 20-09-2009 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

hi lads me an a mate are unemployed and thinking of setting up a tyre shop, we were talking to a few english and german outlets they said people could order the tyres from them on the net for cheaper then buying in shops and they would ship them to us so basically we'd just store and fit them for a charge between 10/15 euro for a front and 20/25 euro for a back tyre, are we flogging a dead horse or is there potential

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

There is always potential me good man. I presume you will be balancing tires them and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

yea that would be a one of the priority's , only top-class machines would be used,,, and that would be included in the price

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

What seany said, look after your customers, give good prices and service and you shouldn't have any problems.

alrightcuz wrote: »
    yea that would be a one of the priority's , only top-class machines would be used,,, and that would be included in the price
    Well for the price ya said then. I would say go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dhev

Why is there a difference in price of fitting the front tyre and fitting the rear tyre, if the customer is buying the tyres themselves and having them delivered to you guys? Maybe i misread the original post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

dhev wrote: »
    Why is there a difference in price of fitting the front tyre and fitting the rear tyre, if the customer is buying the tyres themselves and having them delivered to you guys? Maybe i misread the original post!

Time and effort.

It is a bit more awkward and time consuming to remove the rear wheel than to remove the front. And since time ~= money you pay more.

OP, Blakestown motorcycles/tyres do something similar and are a very good bunch to deal with, and in general there is a lack of variety in bike tyre places so I'd welcome this kind of service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

New Regulatons came in at the start of last year regarding disposal of scrap tyres. You will have to dispose of the scrap tyres with a licensed tyre recycler which means cost. Not sure what the rate is for motorcycle tyres but it's about €2.00 plus vat each.

At an average of €17 - €18 per tyre you would want to be doing 80 plus tyres per week. Don't forget the VAT element, that's 21.5% of your markup, premises, ramps, compressor, insurance, teabags etc. all adds up.

You could do a mobile service with all the gear fitted in a van, I've seen some on ebay.co.uk. Lower overheads. Don't forget brake pads as a side line and you could also do chains and sprockets while you are in there and any consumables that motorcyclists use.

Worth looking at.

+1 to what trad said, a mobile shop would be handy, especially if you were able to work evenings for lads that work during the day.

nereid wrote: »
    OP, Blakestown motorcycles/tyres
    Iggy is some legend. Funny fecker to.

i agree fully with what u said trad, and if the business was to take off id hope to be heading that way,,, i spent time in germany with bike mechanics over there who would come here an work for me but i need something already in place,, and the fact that ive been buying tyres off the net and putting them on myself taught it be a good place to start,,,, but if ye guys aren't saving money then theres no point ,,,, how much would the cost of buying two tyres and getting them balanced and fitted in a shop be ,,,,, ill get some prices off net company's and reply back an c what ye think

• Advertisement

you're looking at around €300 for a decent set of tyres, fitting and balancing afaik

I paid 300 for a set of tires a month or two back. Fitted em meself. Didnt balance em though lol. Seem grand so left em off.

id be here for the day comparing whats ur opion on his prices,,,,www.thevisorshop.com

BRIDGESTONE BT-021 SPORT TOURING TYRES
    set 120/70 ZR17 & 180/55 ZR = 220 + fitting maximum price=45
    total cost would be=265 euro

alrightcuz wrote: »
    id be here for the day comparing whats ur opion on his prices,,,,www.thevisorshop.com

BRIDGESTONE BT-021 SPORT TOURING TYRES
    set 120/70 ZR17 & 180/55 ZR = 220 + fitting maximum price=45
    total cost would be=265 euro

Sounds like a deal, especially if you can call round to fellas houses after work etc to fit them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

This sounds like a good idea, keep me informed will be changing the rear tyre soon. Where will you be based???

depends if were going mobile were looking at servicing limerick,cork,tipp,and waterford

if were going with garages were looking at possibly two, one in limerick and one in waterford.

Thanks for all the help lads its appreciated :D so hopefully ill be on here again in a few months with the details,, thanks again for the help ive made note of ur names so ye can have year first set fitted for free:rolleyes:

Advertisement