Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo : ODST

Options
  • 20-09-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So who's got it?

What's it like?

Review embargo is up and they look promising so far. This should be perfect timing for me, just completed Halo 3 campaign on legendary yesterday.

(koneko, i saw you online with ODST today, cmon, spill the beans, where'd you get it? :) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

In terms of the campaign, it's better than Halo 3 in my opinion. It's very short though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Gutted to hear Firefight isn't featured in matchmaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm constantly surprised by the revisionism that surrounds Halo 3, which I honestly believe is one of the best games of the last decade. If ODST can live up to it, I'll be very happy.

• No match-making is a big negative to be honest. Also, 60 squid seems over-the-top for whats on offer. But add me as i would love to play some firefight or co-op with you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

60 euro ? Where ?

It's 45 in gamestop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Flaccus wrote: »

It's 45 in gamestop

Gamestop it is so , btw is this on sale already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

no matchmaking for firefight is indeed ****. Theyve killed off that game modes lifespan without it. Theyll have to release some kind of matchmaking tool for it later if they want it to survive. Not everyone can play games with their friends every time, sometimes you just have to drop into a game with randoms

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Firefight matchmaking as DLC anyone...makes incredible business sense!

Whats the store with the multiplayer...I heard its the same as Halo 3 (same maps etc?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

No match-making so basically no way to play with random people?! wow, that's screwed mulitplayer so...

• The best way around this is to use the live tracker on mygamercard.net. I suppose you could just pm people randomly. Lazy microsoft/bungie tbh. They know the games gonna sell so why bother adding match-making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Flaccus wrote: »
    60 euro ? Where ?

It's 45 in gamestop

If its 45 in Gamestop will they let me trade in a game today off their list for €30? 15 bucks for it sounds nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I'm sure they will since it's not out till Tuesday.

If you preorder there you get an odst skin for your 360, plus a player skin (seargant what's his face I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

quarryman wrote: »
    No match-making so basically no way to play with random people?! wow, that's screwed mulitplayer so...

yep, for firefight mode its friends only, which is monumentally retarded

• By the looks of it, this game is getting some typically crazy overhyping by the so called "critics". Check out some of the crazy scores on metacritic.
    I have found one interesting article this morning on n4g.com. Nice to see some honesty for once. http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/NewsCom-397575.aspx?CT=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Firefight matchmaking as DLC anyone...makes incredible business sense!

Whats the store with the multiplayer...I heard its the same as Halo 3 (same maps etc?)

From Wikipedia:
    ...the game ships with Halo 3's multiplayer contained on a separate disc. The 24 maps consist of the original eleven Halo 3 maps (Construct, Epitaph, Guardian, High Ground, Isolation, Last Resort, Narrows, Sandtrap, Snowbound, The Pit, Valhalla), the Heroic map pack (Foundry, Rat's Nest, Standoff), the Legendary map pack (Avalanche, Blackout, Ghost Town), the Cold Storage map, and the Mythic map pack (Assembly, Orbital, and Sandbox) as well as three new maps (Citadel, Heretic, Longshore). The exclusive maps are also counted as Mythic maps and are tied into Halo 3's achievements. In addition to the Halo 3 maps, ODST will include a fully integrated version of the forge map editor from Halo 3.

As for the no match making in Firefight, we'll have to add each other for a few games...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I played Halo 3 again during the week when all I could manage was a dumb shooter and realised why it did nothing for me. I'll be giving this a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Not one bit excited about this. I dont know why I just have got bored of halo games. Luckily my bro is obsessed with halo so I can borrow it from him and try it out

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Ordered mine for 37 inc postage from TheHut

I'm of the opinion that the single-player Halo 3 is pretty pants but the multiplayer is great craic with mates. A few mates just got Xboxes so 5 or 6 of us now have the original Halo 3 and since it's the only game we all have I predict it'll be getting regular play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

The no matchmaking firefight is a serious burn IMO. so an extra 30 quid for a feature that you have to go looking for players for manually and disc with all the maps I own already bar 3......not impressed. From what I'm reading the campaign is better then Halo 3 (some would say that wouldnt be hard) but 6 hours is over in a heart beat stuff.

Just back from the blanchardstown shopping center and pre-ordered it in game in the end.

€45 for the normal version and €80 for the one with the halo controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I posted a pic on twitter earlier from it, but tonight GAME on Dawson st are doing a midnight launch. I wouldn't bother myself but if you're in town anyway it might be a laugh. You might get some free swag if it's "official"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Heatons of all places seem to have broken the street date on this. It's €45 there. Have mine pre-ordered in Gamestop though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Seems like great value if you haven't already bought all the additional maps!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Only just started playing this, it takes a bit getting used to as you are not as powerful as Master Chief. You have to take it slow even on normal, I got milled by Hunters a few times so far. Only about half through the second level. I'm starting to use cover more than ever in Halo game and sniping with the Auto Mag and Carbine helps out a good bit.

Not bad but not great either but seeing as I only paid €30 incl delivery I happy enough overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Hey whats the age rating on this out of interest as im unsure wheter its 18s or 16s. My friends are normally always on so firefight will be good for me:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

Does anyone know is game in cork open at midnight tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

yeah the one on patrick street is opening at 0001 it says, ill be heading in i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

Nice one - thanks for the info. Hubby is heading in to get it, he wont be the only person there so!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lordhogo wrote: »
    Hey whats the age rating on this out of interest as im unsure wheter its 18s or 16s. My friends are normally always on so firefight will be good for me:D.
    says 16 on my box.

• Advertisement

This is priced at €39:99 in hmv , good price for a bricks and mortar shop.

Advertisement