Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo : ODST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is that the cheapest in Dublin? Anyone know the Smyth's price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Got for 44.99 in Game, swindled a Johnson firefight code out of em aswell so make sure and try!

Gah im looking at it on my desk at work....day off tomorow to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

I got it for 11e in total..gamestop trade in deal ftw

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fol20 wrote: »
    I got it for 11e in total..gamestop trade in deal ftw

How much is it in gamestop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Bruce Buffer

Can you play all the multiplayer maps that come with ODST by just buying ODST or do you have to have Halo3 to play them???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

RAIN wrote: »
    Got for 44.99 in Game, swindled a Johnson firefight code out of em aswell so make sure and try!

Gah im looking at it on my desk at work....day off tomorow to play it.

What do you mean by a johnston firefight code?
    its 44.99 in symths.. and I assume yea can use the loyalty card here too and get the fiver off it..

FutureGuy wrote: »
    How much is it in gamestop?

45..I got games online and ill leave it at that..gamestop are watching:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

45 quid in Xtra Vision also, chaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Can you play all the multiplayer maps that come with ODST by just buying ODST or do you have to have Halo3 to play them???

All you need is ODST as they come on the multiplayer disk and play from that disk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Played it for a while this morning, very nice indeed.
    Very different tone to this one, more story really, more character, even though the other games obviously had a story to tell, they were straight out of a pulp SciFi writers handbook.
    This time though, the presence of Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin and Alan Tudyk, all Firefly/Serenity alumni, also in Halo 3 and now major characters in the new Halo 3 ODST, providing a much stronger story line, perhaps inspired by the likes of Battlestar Galactica, where we have a classical scifi story but we do something more "human" with the people living within the plot.
    Anyhow, a very nice game, interesting change of pace over the previous instalments, visuals are beefed up, again, over the earlier titles and this one could be a very interesting sideline into the whole Halo universe, hopefully the first of many.
    Given the length of the Human/Covenant conflict, there are surely many tales to be told, and I'd love to see more, given the quality of this release.

Poor, poor Sony, all their efforts and they produce the fun but vacuous Killzone 2, a game that comes across as a reheat of Black, Microsoft and Bungie bring out FPS gold again and again, and this release had a fraction of the dev time of the previous games.
    Looks like the 360 has cemented it's place as the FPS console of choice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Poor, poor Sony, all their efforts and they produce the fun but vacuous Killzone 2

Strange, replace Killzone 2 with Halo 3 and Sony with Microsoft and I'd agree with that statement as well.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Poor, poor Sony, all their efforts and they produce the fun but vacuous Killzone 2, a game that comes across as a reheat of Black, Microsoft and Bungie bring out FPS gold again and again, and this release had a fraction of the dev time of the previous games.
    Looks like the 360 has cemented it's place as the FPS console of choice.

Its kinda true..killzone is only ok,but halo isnt as good as you say it is..it does the job well but its not at the forefront of fps anymore.Your final comment i have to agree with..i have both consoles and i have to admit fps on the xbox is better with the triggers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Fol20 wrote: »
    Its kinda true..killzone is only ok,but halo isnt as good as you say it is..it does the job well but its not at the forefront of fps anymore.Your final comment i have to agree with..i have both consoles and i have to admit fps on the xbox is better with the triggers

Gotta agree with all of this: Halo is far from the best FPS, but its still good. And the triggers on xbox are way better imo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

€45 in Gamestop and if you preordered you get the Johnson multiplayer skin and a faceplate.

Damn, I seem to have paid the most for it, I ordered it off Gamesnash for 46.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭beardo81

Anyone get the skin? Preordered it with Gamestop only yesterday for the trade in deal and all the skins were gone. The lads say they werent great though, anyone know what they look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I just can't justify spending full price on this game at the moment.

6 hour campaign....rental?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

gonna go up and trade in wolfenstien against this(getting 30 for wolf)
    anyone up for some co-op campian? ckw you on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Halo bashing is so tiresome. If someone doesn't enjoy Halo, why would they feel the need to post about it every time. They're fun games.
    Finished the campaign up last night, good clean co-op fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

koneko wrote: »
    Halo bashing is so tiresome. If someone doesn't enjoy Halo, why would they feel the need to post about it every time. They're fun games.
    Finished the campaign up last night, good clean co-op fun.

Exactly why I bought it (with the controller :)), can't wait to get home from work!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Nice, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I like the look of the controller too!

Lenny wrote: »
    ckw you on tonight?

Well if the game comes in the post today I will be on, but more than likely it will be tomorrow i'd say...I only ordered it on Sunday.

They usually post game sout 2 days before release though don't theyso all get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

koneko wrote: »
    Nice, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I like the look of the controller too!

I only have 3 controllers, so this is a 4th (seriously cool looking) controller for €35!! Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Lenny wrote: »
    They usually post game sout 2 days before release though don't theyso all get them?

Yeah they usually do but gamesnash only sent my copy yesterday and its a no show today, they were waiting for the character unlock codes from Microsoft but they never got them, they will send the codes out later.

Thankfully my copy from Asda was sent last Wednesday and I got it yesterday.

gamesnash only sent my copy yesterday and its a no show today....my copy from Asda was sent last Wednesday and I got it yesterday.

You bought it twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CKWPORT wrote: »
    You bought it twice?

Yeah, I pre-ordered it with Asda back in March for €30 delivered and then last week I figured they would not ship it till release date like Play and Amazon do.

So I pre ordered it with gamesnash last week as I always get pre orders a day early with them except this time, they are late a day.

I'm just trading in the copy that gets here last and put it towards Forza 3.

It came today...so will probably see ya on later Lenny

yea ok, went up to smyths to buy the game.. it was €40 with the loyalty card,also got the marketplace code for pre-booking it(must have had some to spare).. traded in wolfenstine & resident evil and got 55 euro credit, so got the game and 15 eueo voucher.. never traded in games before.. but 25 for resident evil i thought was good.. gamestop offered €6

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Our agreements with the distributors do not allow us to post to Ireland more than 2 days before release date. Tuesday releases are rare but when they do happen we cannot dispatch until the Monday. We're in the hands of An Post after that.

Normally Friday releases go out on the Wednesday which give them more chance to land on or before release day. :)

Advertisement