Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo : ODST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Aw, I didn't get the preorder code since I ended up buying it in Currys early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Our agreements with the distributors do not allow us to post to Ireland more than 2 days before release date. Tuesday releases are rare but when they do happen we cannot dispatch until the Monday. We're in the hands of An Post after that.

Normally Friday releases go out on the Wednesday which give them more chance to land on or before release day. :)

So with modern warfare 2 out on a tuesday aswell the chances of getting it on release day would be slim unless you order with special delivery :( tempted to get this but i never bought halo 3, may have to get that first lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Our agreements with the distributors do not allow us to post to Ireland more than 2 days before release date. Tuesday releases are rare but when they do happen we cannot dispatch until the Monday. We're in the hands of An Post after that.

Normally Friday releases go out on the Wednesday which give them more chance to land on or before release day. :)

Well I got my copy today, wasn't expecting it until tomorrow, so cheers, I'm happy out anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Went out to rent it, but the speculative offer they gave me for prototype was too good to turn down. I am weak.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

paul150 wrote: »
    So with modern warfare 2 out on a tuesday aswell the chances of getting it on release day would be slim unless you order with special delivery :( tempted to get this but i never bought halo 3, may have to get that first lol

I'd actually say it's more of a case of the chances of NOT getting it are slim. An Posts last service figures were 83% delivery next working day nationwide and if memory serves me when confined to major urban areas was well over 90%. In our experience only a minority of standard deliveries take more than one day but of course to be 100% sure express post is an option.

It will be like GTA4 - if you search the forums here you will find a hell of a lot of posts from boardsies who got their deliveries off us on release day despite us having to sign a legal agreement not to dispatch until the day before release. :)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Well I got my copy today, wasn't expecting it until tomorrow, so cheers, I'm happy out anyways.

You're welcome. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

No matchmaking for the Firefight mode!!!! That really is retarded. I spent about 5 mins wondering if I was doing it wrong as I couldn't figure out how to join a game. I'm not impressed with that. Matchmaking worked fine in Horde on GoW2.

If anyone is up for a Firefight match anytime soon, please add me. Can always do with more boardsies on my friends list. My GT is SteveDPirate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

hey anyone wanna play co-op or firefight add me Triseke, pretty shít how no matchmaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

I'd actually say it's more of a case of the chances of NOT getting it are slim. An Posts last service figures were 83% delivery next working day nationwide and if memory serves me when confined to major urban areas was well over 90%. In our experience only a minority of standard deliveries take more than one day but of course to be 100% sure express post is an option.

It will be like GTA4 - if you search the forums here you will find a hell of a lot of posts from boardsies who got their deliveries off us on release day despite us having to sign a legal agreement not to dispatch until the day before release. :)
    I may still order it from you guys then :) Thanks for clearing it up

• Lads, just to let you know i added most of your gamertags. I'm just back from work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Online lag makes it unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

FutureGuy wrote: »

????

Not for me, works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Not for me either. Completed the coop campaign on Legendary and a few 4 player firefight matches too without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Anyone wana do co-op legendary..lets try and get people and fly through the campaign..is anyone up for it on wednesday..

add me, GT: Fin321

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maryjohn

I'm a warez monkey and I just got a warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

So you just admitted to committing copyright infringement / piracy on a public forum plus openly breaking the forum rules. Very smart indeed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭beardo81

Had the same problem last night, turned out one of the guys had a bad connection and everyone was getting lag from it! Seems to slow everyone down so just get rid of the slowcoaches!! :D

Hi beardo, I was playing with you last night but my xbox froze as we started campaign (after playing firefight).

Was your cxn good after I left?

Hi beardo, I was playing with you last night but my xbox froze as we started campaign (after playing firefight).

Was your cxn good after I left?

Yeh after you left we were all flyin, there was no lag at all!!Is your connection slow or was it just last nite? Mad the way it slowed us all down though eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

fire fight is good alright.....
    forget the map but me and a mate owned in a warthog on firefight.....big one....big building in the center sniper rifle and spartan laser....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

If anyone wants to play firefight add me. As long as you don't take it too seriously ;), i only play on normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Anyone wana do the campaign..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Poor, poor Sony, all their efforts and they produce the fun but vacuous Killzone 2, a game that comes across as a reheat of Black, Microsoft and Bungie bring out FPS gold again and again, and this release had a fraction of the dev time of the previous games.
    Looks like the 360 has cemented it's place as the FPS console of choice.

Eh they have so much in common they could basically be the same game with a few bits chopped and changed for the people that need exclusives for their console of choice to make them feel extra special.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Fol20 wrote: »
    Anyone wana do the campaign..

Yup. On Legendary though! Add me. Can get on tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I picked this up myself today and have to say in my opinion it's another bland shooter. It's totally unoriginal and very short. If you have Halo 3 there's nothing really worth forking out the extra 40 euro for a 6 hour campaign.
    It'll be up on Adverts tomorrow if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 samacora

thebman wrote: »
    Eh they have so much in common they could basically be the same game with a few bits chopped and changed for the people that need exclusives for their console of choice to make them feel extra special.

wow at least try and make intelligent remarks when ur tryin to make someone look foolish. except for the setting they are two different games? u play a dif character with completely dif abilitys and thus play the game a different way? u cant be a hero and just jump into the middle of the fight anymore? infact the only thing thats the same in gameplay between both is that the bullets still go where u aim the reticule

beardo81 wrote: »
    Yeh after you left we were all flyin, there was no lag at all!!Is your connection slow or was it just last nite? Mad the way it slowed us all down though eh?

Thats very weird. I don't have any problems playing online in other games and I was playing multiplayer with BurningEclipse last night and there was zero lag.

Any ideas why firefight lags and multiplayer doesnt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Strange, replace Killzone 2 with Halo 3 and Sony with Microsoft and I'd agree with that statement as well.

Aren't you posting on the wrong forum? :rolleyes:

Thats very weird. I don't have any problems playing online in other games and I was playing multiplayer with BurningEclipse last night and there was zero lag.

Any ideas why firefight lags and multiplayer doesnt?

Its strange alright but the lag just disappeared after you left!! But if you normally never have any other problems there must be some other reason, maybe the servers or the host or something. Did you try firefight again with anyone else to see if it still lags for you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Im loving this game so far. Just finished the first Mickey section. Its jsut classic Halo. I really dont get people complaining about 'padding' with the Rookie sections. The Rookie sections are a nice bookend to the daytime action flashbacks. Thr Flashbacks are nonstop action, then when theyre over, you have the chance to roam new mombasa looking for audio diaries and fighting covenant if you choose or just sneaking past them. And the atmosphere in the city at night is enough alone to carry it. And the VISR view looks great, i love using it in the dark. Ive seen so many people complaining 'its so dark! i have to use the visr! this is bull****!'. Errr youre supposed to be using the visr in the nighttime section, idiots...

Advertisement