Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rooms numbers

Options
  • 20-09-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

So yeah a little late to be posting this.... doing dit 211 computing
    i have room KA 3-020 first round and i know i should have been paying more attention at the time the lad was explaining it but unfortunately that day i'd had no sleep.... I'm going to try turn up early so i can ask someone... What do which parts stand for? I'm going to assume with all the room numbers starting with K that it's all on Kevin street (and seeing there's only one building on Kevin street)
    Any help appriciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Electric Bloom

wolfric wrote: »
    So yeah a little late to be posting this.... doing dit 211 computing
    i have room KA 3-020 first round and i know i should have been paying more attention at the time the lad was explaining it but unfortunately that day i'd had no sleep.... I'm going to try turn up early so i can ask someone... What do which parts stand for? I'm going to assume with all the room numbers starting with K that it's all on Kevin street (and seeing there's only one building on Kevin street)
    Any help appriciated

Yeah i think the letter stands 4 which college, but A is also aungier street, so i dont know about that. but the 3 means 3rd floor and the the 020 means room 20. prob best 2 get there ealy and ask about the KA thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

K or KE stands for kevin street main building, whearas KA stands for the annex building where the snackey/student shop is. KA3-020 is on the third floor of the annex, just by the main school of computing office in the little narrow corridor just by the bridge with the bubble type window that connects the annex and main building

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Is there more then one building for DIT on kevin street? The only one i saw was the one i used was the one for registration.

Edit: I mean do you go inside the main gates of the main building to get to it or is it further along the road

Is there more then one building for DIT on kevin street? The only one i saw was the one i used was the one for registration.

Theres the annex which is newer than the main building. Its pretty well integrated now though and you wouldn't really notice it as a seperate building. The canteen/snackery/student shop are all in the annex building, you can't really miss it.
    It's before the main gates, theres a side entrance just past the o2 shop

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Edit: I mean do you go inside the main gates of the main building to get to it or is it further along the road

Hey man i'll be heading in for the same tomorrow morning(DT211 that is). I missed the induction day, so i really haven't much of a clue, but i heard someone say that our 9:00am lecture was cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

just communications studies and personal dev. I think he did say it might be canceled but better show up just incase. If all else fails i have an hour for coffee newspaper and getting to know new class mates

Edit: i just did a quick google map of 3 possible locations. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=101988496665839153648.00047408b229390e49495 can anyone confirm?

its right beside the main building, its all contained in the same area. the two buildings are connected by a walkway on the 3rd floor. Did they not give you a tour of the whole place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

KA refers to the new-ish building which houses the canteen and library. There are classrooms there on the ground and third floor. and computer labs on the first and third floor.
    KE is the older, bigger, four story building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MikeyCyrus

im in DT211, the annex building is the one you get to by walking through the outside bench area, its the place we went to get our chips and all :L its were the student shop is, its were the AIB is, its were the libary is, its were DITSU office is... if u were half asleep on the tour ull remeber atleast one of them, thats the annex! :L cya at 10 tomorrow (Y)

Advertisement