Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant / Things to do around Trinity

Options
  • 20-09-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've some friends from the States coming over shortly. They will be staying in a hotel close to Trinity. Has anyone got any suggestions for nice restaurants and things to do/see around the area (apart from Trinity).
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Tipp-Boy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've some friends from the States coming over shortly. They will be staying in a hotel close to Trinity. Has anyone got any suggestions for nice restaurants and things to do/see around the area (apart from Trinity).
    Thanks!

There's a great lunch deal in Ciao Bella Roma on Parliament Street. Starter, pizza and wine for under a tenner, and the pizza is probably the best in Dublin.

If they're looking for cultural stuff, I would really recomend a look at Dublin Castle, including the Chester Beatty Library. There is a beautiful roof garden there, which is usually empty, and it's a fine refuge on a sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tipp-Boy

Thanks for the info
    Is there anymore out there???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

National Museum, National Gallery, Dunne and Crescenzi (nyom), Fitzwilliam and Merrion Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

spurious wrote: »
    National Museum, National Gallery, Dunne and Crescenzi (nyom), Fitzwilliam and Merrion Square.

Yeah, I'd second Spurious on these. Dunne and Crescenzi is particularly good for a light meal of salami, salad and such. The house wine is excellent. The National Gallery is one of the best things in Dublin, and if you can join in one of the guided tours I promise your guests will be enthralled.

I'm not so fond of the National Museum. I think the labelling is pretty inadequate, and unless you already know a lot about ancient Irish history it's a hard place to enjoy. But Merrion Square itself is delightful. The statue of Oscar Wilde will have any tourist reaching for the camera.

A small picnic in Stephens Green, perhaps? If you want to give them a real taste of Dublin, pick up some cheeses and bread in Sheridans on South Anne St.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tipp-Boy

Yeah, I'd second Spurious on these. Dunne and Crescenzi is particularly good for a light meal of salami, salad and such. The house wine is excellent. The National Gallery is one of the best things in Dublin, and if you can join in one of the guided tours I promise your guests will be enthralled.

I'm not so fond of the National Museum. I think the labelling is pretty inadequate, and unless you already know a lot about ancient Irish history it's a hard place to enjoy. But Merrion Square itself is delightful. The statue of Oscar Wilde will have any tourist reaching for the camera.

A small picnic in Stephens Green, perhaps? If you want to give them a real taste of Dublin, pick up some cheeses and bread in Sheridans on South Anne St.

Thanks everyone - much obliged for the information.

• Advertisement
Advertisement